Roos split from the roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
    why would the Roos really part way with the roosters. Is the arl boss beaty really pushing to grow the game to include a central coast team, or like rumoured last year that the knights were putting pressure on the roos to be affiliated with them no the roosters.
    You reckon Singleton might be lurking in the background somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
      it will be interesting to see where we can get another nsw cup team from to merge with. or do we just start our own up. could be a good coaching gig coming up maybe
      A great job for everyones favourite gibbon.

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
        Are there many fans in attendance when you go and watch Newtown on Saturdays?
        8972, I believe........................................... ......................... if you're in on that joke. But a good family atmosphere. Probably 2,000 - 3,000. The trainer does a lap of the ground on a tricycle every time they score. They put on fifty-odd points one week and he was ready to pass out.

Comment

Yeah, I was alluding to that famous crowd figure in my question CCFC Bondi. I have been to a few matches there to watch the Jets when they were our feeder club. Laughed my head off the first time I heard the ground announcer mention the crowd figure. You're correct when you say the Jets home games have a good atmosphere, including the in-ground parking and the feeling that you have gone back in time. Bring back the Jets as our feeder club!

Comment

. Bring back the Jets as our feeder club!
            But how long are they contracted to cronulla?

Comment

Yeah, I was alluding to that famous crowd figure in my question CCFC Bondi. I have been to a few matches there to watch the Jets when they were our feeder club. Laughed my head off the first time I heard the ground announcer mention the crowd figure. You're correct when you say the Jets home games have a good atmosphere, including the in-ground parking and the feeling that you have gone back in time. Bring back the Jets as our feeder club!
              The Lebbos with the drums are the best.

Comment

The Newtown Jets are one of the things that make RL great. As are the Bears.

Id love us to be a partner of one of those heartland traditional clubs.

Comment

Jacks Fur Coat: Totally agree. I have a friend who was (still is) a Jets fan, and a friend who was (still is) a Bears fan, and I couldn't imagine how bad it would feel if Easts were dropped from the competition. They brought back Newcastle into the competition after about 50(?) years, bring back the Jets. Watching RL at Henson Park is a tremendous experience, only comparable to Leichhardt in my opinion. Eddie: I was not aware that the Sharks picked up the Jets as a feeder club, is that true? ISM22: What is the Lebbos? I remember a clown riding the perimeter on a bicycle (or was it a unicycle?), but I don't remember drummers. Sorry for my format. I don't have the ability to quote (or use the page buttons at the bottom).

Comment

The current agreement will expire at the end of the 2018 season - So will the Roosters stay on the CC and form a partnership with another CC area - Wyong/ Woy Woy /Gosford ?? - Need to formulate something quickly in view of junior numbers the CC can provide compared to the Roosters Sydney based numbers - If nothing happens the Roosters should approach Group 6 and form a partnership as they don't want West Tigers- During the Ron Jones era the Roosters came very close to taking over group 6 only for it to be scuttled by Arthurson/Moore/ Parker/ Humphries etc - Wests came out this way instead as they were initially excluded from the comp along with Newtown for the 1984 season .

Wests were challenging their exclusion in court.- Newtown originally were to come out this way to be Newtown Campbelltown Jets -- played I recall half of their homes games in 1983 at the then Alfred Duguid/Orana park ground pending a permanent move to Campbelltown in 1984- Newtown Jets went into Administration though at the end of the 1983 season - was the home ground of the Group 6 Campbelltown City Kangaroos at the time

The Marsden Brothers wanted the Roosters when the Newtown-Campbelltown Jets JV Collapsed because of their expertise and funds - As all should remember it was between Canberra /Illawarra and Campbelltown to see who was admitted into the Sydney Comp in 1982- Canberra and Illawarra got the nod with Campbelltown told to be ready for a later inclusion.

Wests coming out ruined group 6 the strongest of the CRL divisions - Roosters would taken over the Group 6 division as is not split it into two - Clubs from Campbelltown to Liverpool became Wests Juniors( Campbelltown City Kangaroos/Campbelltown Warriors/ Campbelltown Collegians/ The Mighty East Campbelltown Eagles/ Leumeah Wolves/Minto Cobras/Ingleburn Bulldogs/Glenquarie Hawks/Liverpool teams) with other clubs from Camden to Bowral areas ( Camden Rams/Narellan Jets/Picton Magpies/ The Oaks/Oakdale workers/ Bowral blues/ Moss vale Dragons /Appin Greyhounds/Mittagong Lions/Warragamba / Thirlmere-Tahmoor Roosters etc) staying in group 6.
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 03-04-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                      The current agreement will expire at the end of the 2018 season - So will the Roosters stay on the CC and form a partnership with another CC area - Wyong/ Woy Woy /Gosford ?? - Need to formulate something quickly in view of junior numbers the CC can provide compared to the Roosters Sydney based numbers - If nothing happens the Roosters should approach Group 6 and form a partnership as they don't want West Tigers- During the Ron Jones era the Roosters came very close to taking over group 6 only for it to be scuttled by Arthurson/Moore/ Parker/ Humphries etc - Wests came out this way instead as they were initially excluded from the comp along with Newtown for the 1984 season .

Wests were challenging their exclusion in court.- Newtown originally were to come out this way to be Newtown Campbelltown Jets -- played I recall half of their homes games in 1983 at the then Alfred Duguid/Orana park ground pending a permanent move to Campbelltown in 1984- Newtown Jets went into Administration though at the end of the 1983 season - was the home ground of the Group 6 Campbelltown City Kangaroos at the time

The Marsden Brothers wanted the Roosters when the Newtown-Campbelltown Jets JV Collapsed because of their expertise and funds - As all should remember it was between Canberra /Illawarra and Campbelltown to see who was admitted into the Sydney Comp in 1982- Canberra and Illawarra got the nod with Campbelltown told to be ready for a later inclusion.

Wests coming out ruined group 6 the strongest of the CRL divisions - Roosters would taken over the Group 6 division as is not split it into two - Clubs from Campbelltown to Liverpool became Wests Juniors( Campbelltown City Kangaroos/Campbelltown Warriors/ Campbelltown Collegians/ The Mighty East Campbelltown Eagles/ Leumeah Wolves/Minto Cobras/Ingleburn Bulldogs/Glenquarie Hawks/Liverpool teams) with other clubs from Camden to Bowral areas ( Camden Rams/Narellan Jets/Picton Magpies/ The Oaks/Oakdale workers/ Bowral blues/ Moss vale Dragons /Appin Greyhounds/Mittagong Lions/Warragamba / Thirlmere-Tahmoor Roosters etc) staying in group 6.
                      Im hearing they are going to go in with Woy Woy where they have a leagues club in next years comp.

Comment

Working...
                      X