Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long till Cronk starts running the show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still waiting for Cronk's wonderful kicking game
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
      A piece on fox, whether Trent is under pressure because this is the best team he has had to coach? personally I think the 2013 team was better overall, one of the safest fullbacks to play, great defensive and attacking center in jenko, great goal kicker, very good halves combo, fiery front rowers in jwh and LOD, better bench and.........SBW.

thoughts.....
      That would of been a good topic to have its own thread.
      I thnik 2013 was better mainly due to having SBW.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
        From what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think many in the team support Cronk and Tedesco at all. I personally think there’s resentment in the team for booting Pearce and the $ spent on our new superstars (jealousy) Everyone was shocked to see we couldn’t score tries except maybe the secret Pearce supporters in the team. The will to win just wasn’t there. The will to score wasn’t there. You don’t need a coach to tell you to offload. The players not wanting to offload speaks volumes to me about the team spirit. There was none.
        Like a broken record.....lol.....
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
          i reckon more pain......
          ‘then crisis meeting

then we get real

Nah, I think he took control tonight......
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Cronk is running the show on that field. Interesting to see the trainer run on showing 2 points when Cronk was ready to go again (i suppose Storm would have). Then Cronk shares a laugh with the Ref. Contrast that to the same Ref shooing Jake away several times throughout.

We had less than a minute to go in the first half, with Cronk counting them down, and planning the next play with seconds to go. He even held up 10 I'm assuming to indicate 10 seconds left before Manu tried to run it with Fergo. Bloody awesome. Every second counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
              Hes already forced multiple drop outs, kicked a 4/20, managed the game with his grubber kicks to the sideline when needed in only 2 games. What more do you want?

Pearcey would of kicked a couple out on the full and given the opposition some 7 tackle sets already

Comment

Cronks in control now.The so called captains are there for the press conferences with robbo,cronk is running this show theres no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  From what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think many in the team support Cronk and Tedesco at all. I personally think there’s resentment in the team for booting Pearce and the $ spent on our new superstars (jealousy) Everyone was shocked to see we couldn’t score tries except maybe the secret Pearce supporters in the team. The will to win just wasn’t there. The will to score wasn’t there. You don’t need a coach to tell you to offload. The players not wanting to offload speaks volumes to me about the team spirit. There was none.
                  No disrespect..... BUT YOU SOUND LIKE A DUMB ASS! Maybe it’s Robbo wanting to play more safe footy? Maybe the game plan is to try and minimise errors? I know damn well if we were going for offloads and dropping balls you’d be having a go at them as well! You can’t win with people like you

Youre still dirty about about the fact that Pearce walked on us because we signed Cronk. Don’t try to push that onto the boys

Comment

Robbo has to bite the bullet and make Cronk sole captain sooner rather than later.
                    Friend should never be allowed to approach a game manager, and Boyd needs to concentrate on his own game.

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                      Cronks in control now.The so called captains are there for the press conferences with robbo,cronk is running this show theres no doubt about that.
                      Its definately a case of undercover boss. Why wouldnt you get your moneys worth out of cronk and make him captain . I can see him havnig a similar effect on official's as cam smith. This will help the roosters cause no end

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                        It was evident last night. One thing you’ll notice is that the Bulldogs went nowhere for about 3 tackles in each set because he ALWAYS forced them into the back corner with his kicking.

Cronk isn,t a 1% player. He is a very safe player who makes all the right calculations on a consistent basis.

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
                        Cronk is running the show on that field. Interesting to see the trainer run on showing 2 points when Cronk was ready to go again (i suppose Storm would have). Then Cronk shares a laugh with the Ref. Contrast that to the same Ref shooing Jake away several times throughout.

We had less than a minute to go in the first half, with Cronk counting them down, and planning the next play with seconds to go. He even held up 10 I'm assuming to indicate 10 seconds left before Manu tried to run it with Fergo. Bloody awesome. Every second counts.
                        Yeah we have never been able to run down the clock like that!!! IMO it is a massive skill to be able to say ,5 to go... this is gonna feel like 30 seconds and I will make sure you get absolutely no chance of scoring,. Again, it is about placement and management. Cronk knows how to pin them in a corner and starve them of opportunities through smart management. This is way better than fancy no look passes, 1% kicks in the last 30 seconds leading to tries and trying to score off everything. The ABC commentators talked about it a lot on radio, and how he was in red hot form because he is touching it just enough, whereas an out of form half will try to touch it too much in an attempt to put his mark on everything.
                        Last edited by ism22; 03-17-2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

No disrespect..... BUT YOU SOUND LIKE A DUMB ASS! Maybe it’s Robbo wanting to play more safe footy? Maybe the game plan is to try and minimise errors? I know damn well if we were going for offloads and dropping balls you’d be having a go at them as well! You can’t win with people like you

Youre still dirty about about the fact that Pearce walked on us because we signed Cronk. Don’t try to push that onto the boys
                          Never liked Pearce. Am glad he’s gone. Just want to see the boys play some decent footy and they did yesterday. And I’m more than happy with that. Yesterday their offloads resulted in a lot of tries. Good on them for trying their hand.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It was evident last night. One thing you’ll notice is that the Bulldogs went nowhere for about 3 tackles in each set because he ALWAYS forced them into the back corner with his kicking.

Cronk isn,t a 1% player. He is a very safe player who makes all the right calculations on a consistent basis.

Yeah we have never been able to run down the clock like that!!! IMO it is a massive skill to be able to say ,5 to go... this is gonna feel like 30 seconds and I will make sure you get absolutely no chance of scoring,. Again, it is about placement and management. Cronk knows how to pin them in a corner and starve them of opportunities through smart management. This is way better than fancy no look passes, 1% kicks in the last 30 seconds leading to tries and trying to score off everything. The ABC commentators talked about it a lot on radio, and how he was in red hot form because he is touching it just enough, whereas an out of form half will try to touch it too much in an attempt to put his mark on everything.
                            Very interesting stuff. It was quite something to watch him closely last night in action, and take those corner kicks as you say, noticing all the little things, at one point he did it i reckon just to calm it all down as the boys were getting panicked. Standing in front of the scrum boys instructing them too I guess as to what's coming next. Bring it on!

Comment

I love Cronk.

I was confident he could calm it all down and snuff out any dogs comeback.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

Unprovoked personal attack aside, I agree. You’re up by 2 tries with 10-20 to go, you always take the certain 2 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X