No announcement yet.

Will the Wests Tigers go this season undefeated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait till klien gets stuck into us.He isnt a fan i would suggest.Tiges got off light he will blow the pea out of his whistle when he refs us and you can take that to the commonwealth bank lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Your insight is unparalleled. Your knowledge knows no bounds. Once more, we are all in awe of your prescience & precognition. 40 point win to the Broncos? LOL @ Princess Salvo.

At least you were you right about them not being undefeated.

Perhaps it’s time to admit you have drastically underestimated the Tigers, particularly their defence? They kept the Broncos try-less, for the entire 87 minutes. The final result is immaterial, the Tigers have shown that they have guts, desire and are a well drilled side.

You and others are often so dismissive of other sides. If those opinions were valid we would never lose a game.
      Very early days subject for your new Tiger team you are supporting as a second team or main team- (Tonights game for an example at a ground I am very familiar with at Campbelltown Stadium) -played there when it was Orana Park/ Alf Duguid oval for the Mighty East Campbelltown Eagles from under 7's to under 18's against Campbelltown City Kangaroos(their home ground).

It was always a slow ground with a bit of rain on it or dew as Freddy was saying when the Temp was 17 degrees Celsius- Easy to defend on which should be bread and butter for all NRL players one has to say - our home ground Waminda oval was a fast ground even when it rained and we utilised that too.

Had two Aboriginal twin brothers in our team (stolen generation they call that nowadays I suppose - living with a white family) but get the ball to them and it was try time as no one could catch them-Chris played centre and David wing and me fullback- still mates to this day and with their older brother Thomas as well - bit political to say they never wanted to go back to their former lives but well its the days of political correctness. All three are full Aboriginals if you know what I mean which you cannot say nowadays as anyone can be Aboriginal .
      Last edited by King Salvo; 03-24-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

LOL. Why do you have so much trouble admitting you were wrong? It really is not that difficult.
        Like the Fonze I am never that

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
          I think Ivan Cleary showed remarkable restraint at the press conference. A classic case for getting rid of golden point. A draw was what the teams deserved.

What had been a great game finishing on a pedantic referees call, was an extreme disappointment. Frustrating when a ref kills the match like that. At least Boyd admitted the Broncs were 'lucky'. But with betting big in league that kind of ending is not what anybody wants.

Bad for the game.
          Gallops idea was golden point and he is gone thankfully and so should golden point be in home and away fixtures- only used in finals matches after teams are deadlocked after extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Gallops idea was golden point and he is gone thankfully and so should golden point be in home and away fixtures- only used in finals matches after teams are deadlocked after extra time.
            Exactly. I didn't mean the game was great for execution but it was enthralling at the end due to the tightness of the scores and the committed defence. A draw would have been just. Ashley Klein should be sacked for a few weeks for ruining the end. That was a game decided by a ref - not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerstragic1995 View Post
              The million dollar question

discuss
              I would have to say it wasn't even the $64 question by the end of the game against the Broncos.

They didn't deserve to lose the game on that decision in golden point. But having witnessed that they were fortunate Jack Bird's no try wasn't ruled a try.

Anyway the big question for Tigers fans is whether the Tigers will manage to score a try in the first half this season?

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post

I would have to say it wasn't even the $64 question by the end of the game against the Broncos.

They didn't deserve to lose the game on that decision in golden point. But having witnessed that they were fortunate Jack Bird's no try wasn't ruled a try.

Anyway the big question for Tigers fans is whether the Tigers will manage to score a try in the first half this season?
                I think he pushed the ball rather than grounded it - I recall they changed that rule on downward pressure several seasons back after tries were being awarded for dubious downward pressure and control of ball instances. Which marker was ruled not square though the first or second Tiger marker - if the second he was nowhere near the ball and never hindered the Bronco player 's attempt at the Field Goal - be interesting to know and what the NRL will say - Cleary was saying the Tigers didn't play well though.

They will need to find a way to score tries as surely a game based on defence and very very limited attack is not sustainable over a full season - They got away with it the first two games due to the bumbling efforts of their opponents and almost tonight but it cannot be all they have in their armoury. If so the spoon awaits.

Comment

Brisbane also had several players standing very flat near that last play the ball which could have easily been ruled an obstruction since they outlawed the wall.

Comment

I cant work out why Tanne Milne isnt in the centres with Masters.
                    I think Lolohea & Reynolds will bring more spark & thrust to their attack.
                    They missed Elijah Taylor last night.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I think he pushed the ball rather than grounded it - I recall they changed that rule on downward pressure several seasons back after tries were being awarded for dubious downward pressure and control of ball instances. Which marker was ruled not square though the first or second Tiger marker - if the second he was nowhere near the ball and never hindered the Bronco player 's attempt at the Field Goal - be interesting to know and what the NRL will say - Cleary was saying the Tigers didn't play well though.

They will need to find a way to score tries as surely a game based on defence and very very limited attack is not sustainable over a full season - They got away with it the first two games due to the bumbling efforts of their opponents and almost tonight but it cannot be all they have in their armoury. If so the spoon awaits.
                      Fair points re the Bird no try King Salvo. In saying that I thought you only had to apply downward pressure as long as the ball doesnt slip from your control. Moot point Tigers lost and that dubious call from Klein was a shocker. I recall last year he handed a game to the Broncos after a couple of shocking calls in their favour against Souths.

As it was Souths I couldnt help but have a little 'Laugh Out Loud' but shuddered to think a sudden death final or grand final may be decided on such a call.

Basing your game on defense doesn't help your cause over 26 rounds, it will wear you down. You need to be able to create chances and score points.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        I cant work out why Tanne Milne isnt in the centres with Masters.
                        I think Lolohea & Reynolds will bring more spark & thrust to their attack.
                        They missed Elijah Taylor last night.
                        Agree, Táane is a very talented player. I don't know how he trains?
                        He seemed to get the raw end of the stick with the Dragons too, I hope Cleary unleashes him soon, as I am a fan.

Lolohea will add thrust to their attack. I think their defense will suffer, ironically even though Reynolds is a high energy and likes to hit in defense.

Reynolds who I don't really rate as a great attacking 5/8th always seems to find a fluke try roughly every two or three weeks. He is unpredictable and brilliant at best, woeful at worst. Taylor was missed and Lolohea has that natural spark. Brooks makes too many errors for mine and Benji was the steadying influence on that team. Reynolds is not known to be a steadying influence.

Comment

Working...
                        X