No announcement yet.

Second Worst Pack in The Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The holes in the middle last night were embarrassing. When was the last time a FG pack got exposed like that ? repeatedly ?? They should be ****ing ashamed of themselves the soft carnts. TR needs to make changes or much the same will continue to happen, someone needs to be given a shot in FG. The holes that were left from the inside man not working is inexcusable, it clearly shows a lack of effort and pride, it cannot go unanswered

Comment

Napa, JWH and Matto opened up too many times in the first 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        The holes in the middle last night were embarrassing. When was the last time a FG pack got exposed like that ? repeatedly ?? They should be ****ing ashamed of themselves the soft carnts. TR needs to make changes or much the same will continue to happen, someone needs to be given a shot in FG. The holes that were left from the inside man not working is inexcusable, it clearly shows a lack of effort and pride, it cannot go unanswered
        In this salary cap era there is nobody better to bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

Probably because young props struggle in nrl. People keep stating our pack is garbage. It's not. They are certainly playing garbage. But there's a big difference there.
          Yes I agree with this. In recent years our pack has been very highly rated. It’s only since the prelim loss that people have started calling our pack weak.

Not playing well at the moment but the ability is there. I have confidence that it will turn around.

Comment

Probably because young props struggle in nrl. People keep stating our pack is garbage. It's not. They are certainly playing garbage. But there's a big difference there.
            i dont just mean props i understand why hes hesitant, but you look at the storm for example, and bellamy can slot some one much less experienced in and give them a job to do and they do it confidently

Comment

Its all Pearcey fault.

Comment

People need to stop comparing us to the storm. We play completely different styles of football and have different rosters. We also don't have the benefit of potentially the greatest spine in the modern era as well as one of the top 5 players in 110 years. Chalk and cheese mate. You want someone brought up? That someone is matto. He's doing alright but he's not a superstar. Joey manu is 20. Latrell is 21. These guys are young and they are being given their chance. They will make mistakes.

As far as I can tell napa is just not fast enough to defend in the middle and will constantly be exposed. That and Jake friend just not being up to this standard anymore. Tko was a big loss for us last night. The late withdrawal is what hurt even more.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

People need to stop comparing us to the storm. We play completely different styles of football and have different rosters. We also don't have the benefit of potentially the greatest spine in the modern era as well as one of the top 5 players in 110 years. Chalk and cheese mate. You want someone brought up? That someone is matto. He's doing alright but he's not a superstar. Joey manu is 20. Latrell is 21. These guys are young and they are being given their chance. They will make mistakes.

As far as I can tell napa is just not fast enough to defend in the middle and will constantly be exposed. That and Jake friend just not being up to this standard anymore. Tko was a big loss for us last night. The late withdrawal is what hurt even more.
                  ​​​​​​
                  Good assessment mate.

Do you believe CaptainShitSandwichHand still has something to offer???

If used correctly???

No doubt he was diabolical last night. But he was overplaying his hand as in 2016. Neither him or TheSnitz are/were effective when they overplay it.

I mean just how much of an effect did Dan Morts have on the balance and
                  CaptainShitSandwichHands game in 2013???

Maybe he cant/wont learn or adjust. If so he wont last.

But is it adjusting to a new 1/2???

I mean he passed the ball to TheSnitz since his debut. It will take a while to adjust surely. Maybe its just taking longer than us fans want/expect/demand.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Good assessment mate.

Do you believe CaptainShitSandwichHand still has something to offer???

If used correctly???

No doubt he was diabolical last night. But he was overplaying his hand as in 2016. Neither him or TheSnitz are/were effective when they overplay it.

I mean just how much of an effect did Dan Morts have on the balance and
                    CaptainShitSandwichHands game in 2013???

Maybe he cant/wont learn or adjust. If so he wont last.

But is it adjusting to a new 1/2???

I mean he passed the ball to TheSnitz since his debut. It will take a while to adjust surely. Maybe its just taking longer than us fans want/expect/demand.

Friend was a gun no doubt about it. But the game has changed and his game hasn't You can't play first grade anymore if you don't offer anything in attack. First things first, he needs to relinquish the captaincy. He doesn't have the skill set required. Secondly, if we can't release him then perhaps he plays the first 20 minutes of the game until Radley comes on. And then as required due to fatigue/injury. Players like Cook, mcinnes, korisau are electric. They are the new standard. Baptiste fits the mould for today's game but I'm not convinced he's good enough either.

This may sound like an irrational comment but all you have to do is watch the games momentum shift when friend was versus wasn't on the field.

Comment

Friend was a gun no doubt about it. But the game has changed and his game hasn't You can't play first grade anymore if you don't offer anything in attack. First things first, he needs to relinquish the captaincy. He doesn't have the skill set required. Secondly, if we can't release him then perhaps he plays the first 20 minutes of the game until Radley comes on. And then as required due to fatigue/injury. Players like Cook, mcinnes, korisau are electric. They are the new standard. Baptiste fits the mould for today's game but I'm not convinced he's good enough either.

This may sound like an irrational comment but all you have to do is watch the games momentum shift when friend was versus wasn't on the field.
                      If you were to ask any of the players if they think Friend should be dropped they would all say no. The main criteria that players rate each other on is toughness. When they watch the smallest bloke in the pack do 50 odd tackles on big opposition forwards every game they think he is a champion. He would probably be the most popular guy in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

If you were to ask any of the players if they think Friend should be dropped they would all say no. The main criteria that players rate each other on is toughness. When they watch the smallest bloke in the pack do 50 odd tackles on big opposition forwards every game they think he is a champion. He would probably be the most popular guy in the team.
                        Cook made 45 tackles last night and yet still had the energy to continuously tear us a new asshole in attack all night.

Comment

Cook made 45 tackles last night and yet still had the energy to continuously tear us a new asshole in attack all night.
                          I fairness cook was running at a retreating defence

Comment

Im not disputing what you have said in regards to Cook who I highly rate, I was just saying that I believe Friend is probably the most popular player amongst the players because they all look on and watch him put his body on the line tackling big boppers every week. When I played many moons ago the most popular player was always the guy who showed the most ticker.

Comment

Just watched Radley get asked why they tore us apart up the middle. He said he didn't know and said he wasn't smart enough to answer the question.

Laughed my ass off.

But seriously I reckon he knows, probs didn't want to say rather than couldn't.

Comment

Could this be a 2005 season???

The Tigpies won. They tinkered with the rules just enough to throw up a season of "hail mary" style footy prevailing.

Interesting concept that. And I realise that wasn't your intention mate but I just wonder.

We have had some major crack downs in the rules this season so far.

The sides who have been more dominant over the past few seasons, Us, Melba, Scumnulla, Cowplods, Wankos are all struggling with consistency.

Poocastle, Tigpies, Souffs, Tittmen, Stains, Worriers are more dominant than usual.

Or is it just round 6???

I need another beer.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X