No announcement yet.

Second Worst Pack in The Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As bad as we played, stop with the crap that the season is over. We are 3 and 3.

What worried me about Friend last night was his defence. I think he is really struggling with having Cronk calling the shots and it's affecting his confidence. Maybe Pearce didn't put standards on him or hold him accountable like Cronk does.
    One thing that has always annoyed me with Friend is he doesn't know his own limitations. He thinks he is a kicker. It's just arrogant to put a downfield kick in on the 4th, particularly when you have struggled for possession and when you have the best kicker in the game in your team.

And it's even more frustrating when the 7 is screaming for it and Friend thinks he is good enough to ignore him and go the short side (5 metres) and create something and then realise he has bitten off too much and have to put in a crap kick.

The sooner Baptiste gets a run the better. But it won't happen.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
      People need to stop comparing us to the storm. We play completely different styles of football and have different rosters. We also don't have the benefit of potentially the greatest spine in the modern era as well as one of the top 5 players in 110 years. Chalk and cheese mate. You want someone brought up? That someone is matto. He's doing alright but he's not a superstar. Joey manu is 20. Latrell is 21. These guys are young and they are being given their chance. They will make mistakes.

As far as I can tell napa is just not fast enough to defend in the middle and will constantly be exposed. That and Jake friend just not being up to this standard anymore. Tko was a big loss for us last night. The late withdrawal is what hurt even more.
      ​​​​​​
      Yeah BUT the way the storm plays is not a ‘cultural’ thing like they are Polynesians or Maoris and they like to play like that...it’s league and coaches should see what’s working for other teams and try to implement other teams stratergies. Why can’t we play like the Storm? Ado Carr never played like the Storm until he got there and neither did Munster, Croft and any other new recruit they’ve had. Of course it doesn’t work all the time but under Bellamy you know how they will play. There is always some innovative tactics in their game which makes them stand out. To say we are not able to play like them is just giving up and for that reason they are always one step ahead of us and everyone else. If anything I dislike about Trent is that he’s so conservative in his tactics and won’t implement anything new to try to outsmart the other team. I yearn for a Roosters team that can try new tactics to try and catch the other team out. For example last night all the kick offs from Mitchell kept going to G Burgess for a nice hit up with great post hit up metres... WTF was that? How about trying something new? No because there isn’t a plan B. It’s just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Yeah BUT the way the storm plays is not a ‘cultural’ thing like they are Polynesians or Maoris and they like to play like that...it’s league and coaches should see what’s working for other teams and try to implement other teams stratergies. Why can’t we play like the Storm? Ado Carr never played like the Storm until he got there and neither did Munster, Croft and any other new recruit they’ve had. Of course it doesn’t work all the time but under Bellamy you know how they will play. There is always some innovative tactics in their game which makes them stand out. To say we are not able to play like them is just giving up and for that reason they are always one step ahead of us and everyone else. If anything I dislike about Trent is that he’s so conservative in his tactics and won’t implement anything new to try to outsmart the other team. I yearn for a Roosters team that can try new tactics to try and catch the other team out. For example last night all the kick offs from Mitchell kept going to G Burgess for a nice hit up with great post hit up metres... WTF was that? How about trying something new? No because there isn’t a plan B. It’s just the way it is.
        Becsuse if a team is doing something, other teams are working out plans how to beat it. You need to be ahead of the game. The rules have changed this year apparently. The smart coaches will adapt and thrive. Others will continue in their ways and flounder.

Comment

No doubt about it we are the laughing stock of the nrl at the moment. Big signings comes big expectations.

Comment

No doubt about it we are the laughing stock of the nrl at the moment. Big signings comes big expectations.
            Work has been a nightmare for me copping shit off the boys lol. The thing is I can't defend what they sledge me about as they're right

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Work has been a nightmare for me copping shit off the boys lol. The thing is I can't defend what they sledge me about as they're right
              People who know that I follow the Roosters also know that Im not a one eyed Rooster supporter so they just say to me what happened?
              They dont give me curry because I tell them the Roosters played sh!thouse.

Comment

There’s always Parramatta. Their forwards are worse than ours!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

There’s always Parramatta. Their forwards are worse than ours!
                  Their forwards are. But then again. We went out and bought cronk and teddy whilst cutting our favourite son in Pearce (perception). Youd want to be able to knock off an undermanned south's in your local derby..

​​​​​​

Comment

Matterson showed that he is not a permanent back rower.

His defence the other night was embarrassing.

Cords is having a go but it's not his job alone.

There is nobody in the lower grades so we are stuck with this lot.

Surely there are tough forwards in the English Super League that want the eastern suburbs lifestyle.
                    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

As for Butcher, his low centre of gravity might actually be a good thing.

Plus, he is the only player to demonstrate the ability to offload.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

If we cant get sbw back can we at least get a copy of his notepad to each of our forwards

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                          If we cant get sbw back can we at least get a copy of his notepad to each of our forwards
                          Most of our forwards probably can't read

Comment

Matto looked bad when cronk slipped over in the line. I like butcher. He offers something that our other forwards don't. But the new guys just need to come in and hold their own. It's up to the old blokes to monster other teams. We're getting let down by napa and jwh. I think aubo needs to start. But I think we might see Radley play second row next week. Baptiste will get a run on the bench.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                              He used the notepad pages to make up SBWcigars which he gave to all his team mates & coaching staff when he left.
                              I suggest all the forwards open up Chookpen accounts & start reading all the threads so they can learn from all the experts on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X