Possible new coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sky is falling the sky is falling
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      I know Bennett has a soft spot for the Chooks.
      I think Bennett has a soft wet krinkly spot between his legs.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
        Tooves LOL you blokes have lost it.

What did Tooves ever win?

All I see is an angry ant who loses the plot worse than our own Tommy Smiff. I do love your work though Tommy.

Mental.

He won 58%, compared to your GURU Trent who has won 61%, and with a lot less onfield talent available and a lot more turmoil to deal with, he got them to the semis 3 times and to a GF, which he would have won except for SBW. So not someone who deserves to be ridiculed in my opinion. My first preference would be Cleary, especially if the package included Nathan, but we need a change, and that's not being demeaning towards Trent, he has done his best I am sure, but most players don't improve by getting dished up the same old stuff year after year. It's just a fact that the vast majority of coaches get their best results in the first 4 years with a team,. As the great Jack Gibson agreed.
        Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 04-13-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

He won 58%, compared to your GURU Trent who has won 61%, and with a lot less talent and a lot more turmoil to deal with, he got them to the semis 3 times and to a GF, which he would have won except for SBW,
          So Robbo is 61%??? I wasn't aware, cheers.

And we have had 3 Minor Premierships, a top 2 finish, a year of shit and a GF win??? Against whom???

Less talent woManly, really???

Didn't Tooves take over from Dessy??? Who had developed that side and left them a well oiled machine, won 3 GFs under him.

Didn't Robbo take over from Smiffy??? We had missed the semis 2 straight seasons if I recall. We did recruit very well.

Seriously I have attached no GURU status to any coach. You need to chill, it aint a battle, we are after the same result mate.

Robbo is a better coach than Tooves. Your stats proved it.

I thank thee.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

stsae cant you just take over as coach & give them all a good flog.

Comment

stsae cant you just take over as coach & give them all a good flog.
              Mate do they drug and alcohol test coaches???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

So Robbo is 61%??? I wasn't aware, cheers.

And we have had 3 Minor Premierships, a top 2 finish, a year of shit and a GF win??? Against whom???

Less talent woManly, really???

Didn't Tooves take over from Dessy??? Who had developed that side and left them a well oiled machine, won 3 GFs under him.

Didn't Robbo take over from Smiffy??? We had missed the semis 2 straight seasons if I recall. We did recruit very well.

Seriously I have attached no GURU status to any coach. You need to chill, it aint a battle, we are after the same result mate.

Robbo is a better coach than Tooves. Your stats proved it.

I thank thee.

Yeah, we are on the same side and want the same result, But you seem to think your opinion is worth more than mine. But I am 100% confident we will have a new coach for 2020, and 70% that it will happen in 2019. So no need to chill at all, just stating my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                  I don't understand how Toovey would be the best option. There is one other thing to consider, an ability to attract the best players. Who do you think players would rather play for? Toovey, Bellamy, Cleary or Green? IMO it would be Bellamy.
                  The main reason I put Toovey on top is because he is available. In an ideal world, it would be Bellamy, but i don't see that happening. I dpn't think the need to attract players exists as long as Uncle Nick is with us.
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Yeah, we are on the same side and want the same result, But you seem to think your opinion is worth more than mine. But I am 100% confident we will have a new coach for 2020, and 70% that it will happen in 2019. So no need to chill at all, just stating my opinion.
                    Mate I didn't give my opinion.

I only commented on yours.

So I dont think my opinion is better than yours.

All I did was use your stats to show why Tooves is not a better option than Robbo.

IF, and yes its a big IF, but IF, we win the GF this year will you still be so confident??? 70-100% confident???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Mate do they drug and alcohol test coaches???

Not sure, I could be your assistant.

Comment

Not sure, I could be your assistant.
                        The Dream Team.

Or Dumb & Dumber.

Choose your own adventure. Funny books.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

The Dream Team.

Or Dumb & Dumber.

Choose your own adventure. Funny books.

I could be in charge of the supplement programme. lol
                          If we coached the Chooks would you watch them from high up in the stands the coaches box the sidelines or over in the Captain Cook hotel?
                          I reckon we would kill it backwards if we were the coach.

Comment

I could be in charge of the supplement programme. lol
                            If we coached the Chooks would you watch them from high up in the stands the coaches box the sidelines or over in the Captain Cook hotel?
                            I reckon we would kill it backwards if we were the coach.
                            I would move both the Coaches Boxs and The Media Box into the Members Bar and each game would be a free for all, piss and drugs, feats of strength at 1/2 time and a disco ball, every party needs one.

Entertainment my friend. I'm doin it 70s baby. Flares, fur coats and glass coffee tables.

We would hit the dressing room post game and look worse than the farkin players.

Every single week.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Mate I didn't give my opinion.

I only commented on yours.

So I dont think my opinion is better than yours.

All I did was use your stats to show why Tooves is not a better option than Robbo.

IF, and yes its a big IF, but IF, we win the GF this year will you still be so confident??? 70-100% confident???

mate, I can see why you are a fan of Robbo, you both talk a good game, you didn't give your opinion? you just COMMENTED on mine... that's gold. Spin Warnie would be proud of. And about the cattle... yes Trent had better cattle, but he failed to ROTATE or ADD THE NECESSARY CATTLE TO THE HERD. I'm talking about our forwards, who are way under par this year, we needed a new BIG ball playing prop and didn't get one. Poor planning in my opinion. If we win the comp this year with our current roster I will eat my words and be happy to do it, Cheers

Comment

Im gonna ring Nick later suggesting that stsae should be the next coach. He wont cop any flogs plus he could still come on the Chookpen so he could tell all his doubters to get faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarked.

Comment

Working...
                                X