2015 vs 2018 pack comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 vs 2018 pack comparison

In 2015 our pack absolutely slayed the competition until JWH tore his ACL.

So just to compare the two in terms of personnel and/or formline...

2015___________________________2018 version

Jared Waerea Hargreaves ______Chris Beattie
    Jake Friend____________________Ben Jones
    Dylan Napa____________________Shane Shackleton
    Boyd Cordner__________________Boyd Cordner
    Aiden Guerra__________________Ryan Matterson
    Isaac Liu______________________Isaac Liu

SST___________________________ACL
    Sam Moa_____________________Zane Tetevano
    Jane Evans____________________Victor Radley
    Mitchell Aubusson_____________Mitchell Aubusson

Ok so the point is, in terms of personnel, Sam Moa is the only really big loss. A huge one on 2015 form tbh as he was a powerhouse.

Everyone else has regressed or been hindered either due to injury (SST), plain old poor form (Nappy, 7 tackle Sally) or a combination of the two (JWH).

But the make up of that dominant 2015 pack is still there! The merkins just need to get their shit together and quick.

So I guess this thread is both an indictment on the form of our pack in comparison to 2015, but also offers some hope that if they all rediscover their best form then they still have the ability to dominate.

The forward pack of 2013 was the best. They held teams to 0 on 6 occasions that year plus they ran hard. JWH was intimidating he got suspended for about 5 weeks & opposition players were scared of him. LOD & Sam Moa had heaps of ticker then add SBW to it. Ah yer. SBW presents made every other player in the 17 better.

Comment

Agreed.

Season 2013 is a year we'll cherish and take with us to the grave. I could live to 90 and probably never enjoy a season so much.

Minor Prem
      Prem
      Beat Manly 4 times (5 including pre season)
      Beat Dragons twice
      Beat Bulldogs twice
      Beat Broncos
      Beat Souffs in minor prem game
      SBW in God mode
      All time clean sheet record

It will never get any better than 2013.

Comment

Regarding our pack. It's a fault that hasn't been addressed in player recruitment or form. This is a cut and paste from the NRL site regarding the Roosters 2017 season.

"Despite their big-name pack, the Roosters didn’t have anyone in the NRL’s top 10 for hit-ups or metres gained (both total and average). Back-rower Boyd Cordner led the way in metres per game ahead of a pair of outside backs."

Sound familiar to 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          Agreed.

Season 2013 is a year we'll cherish and take with us to the grave. I could live to 90 and probably never enjoy a season so much.

Minor Prem
          Prem
          Beat Manly 4 times (5 including pre season)
          Beat Dragons twice
          Beat Bulldogs twice
          Beat Broncos
          Beat Souffs in minor prem game
          SBW in God mode
          All time clean sheet record

It will never get any better than 2013.
          I agree. Throw into that watching a young RTS come through. I will always remember the enoyment my family got from that year

Comment

Working...
          X