Pearce >> Keary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearce >> Keary

You can put Friend into that category! Aubbo >> Friend with Radley off the bench.

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
    You can put Friend into that category! Aubbo >> Friend with Radley off the bench.
    There is one reliable bloke who is in the worst form of his career as well ..been showing no interest - Mitch Aubboson
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

There is one reliable bloke who is in the worst form of his career as well ..been showing no interest - Mitch Aubboson
      Why would he with an inferior church goer starting in his position? the Church goer costing us in defence, something Aubbo would fix.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

I'd lose interest sitting on the bench too. He's the new watson.

Imagine if pearce had had a real crack at hooker.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

I'd lose interest sitting on the bench too. He's the new watson.

Imagine if pearce had had a real crack at hooker.
          How many try's has Cordner scored this year? No Pearce makes Cordner a lesser commodity. Pearce's defence is missed.

Comment

We missed Pearce's defence in the Prelim too when Te Maire Martin brushed past him in embarrassing fashion.

Cronk is at least his equal in defence.

Comment

No halfback can do his job if the forwards don't do theirs. Napa is a myth that parents tell their children if they want them to play soccer. And JWH has lost his mojo now that he's discovered a world outside of getting the crap belted out of you. He wants to be able to pick his child up when he retires. We need feral animals in our front row.

Comment

You cant compare Pearce & Keary.
                Pearce is an organiser whilst Keary is a running off the cuff player.
                Pearce, Friend & Cronk are similar players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  We missed Pearce's defence in the Prelim too when Te Maire Martin brushed past him in embarrassing fashion.

Cronk is at least his equal in defence.
                  Not quite.

Comment

Pearce offers more than Keary. Keary is a one trick pony, once opposition coaches target and mark him he becomes ineffective. Pearce and Cronk would of been the better pairing.

Comment

I like both Pearce & Keary, they're just very different players.

I wish Keary had of been a bit more selfish the other night and ran instead of passing. I think there were a few opportunities there but he passed every time instead of having a crack himself

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
                        Pearce offers more than Keary. Keary is a one trick pony, once opposition coaches target and mark him he becomes ineffective. Pearce and Cronk would of been the better pairing.
                        A week ago everyone was signing Keary's praises and Fittler was talking about him as a NSW contender. Now he's a one trick pony. Truth is he was rated our most outstanding player last year and after an interrupted pre-season, has done pretty well this year.

Comment

Yeh I've got no issues with Keary, Cronk just needs to be more dominant and needs to mix up his pass selection. Too used to running premeditated set plays at Melbourne and now being asked to ad lib his pass selection he's coming off very one dimensional.

The play to Keary out the back is just too predictable and Souffs read it all night long. You've got to mix it up a bit, hit your second rower, kick in behind, get your second rower to run an unders line, throw a cut out, turn a player back under or turn it back on the inside. Every ****ing pass is to Keary out deep.

Boyd Cordner hasn't even made a linebreak yet this year. Arguably the most damaging second row in the comp!!

Comment

Agree that Cronk has to be more dominant and calling the plays. I wasn't at the game, to see the entire field placements but it was obvious that we were running the plays to Keary and Souths had done their homework on his lateral runs.

I did hear the Gould comment that Cronk is playing to Roosters patterns. The difference being that he doesn't do the Pearce/Cordner thing near the line and Boyd is missing the Pearce combinations. Instead we're kicking toward Ferguson and Manu with Matterson lurking.

One problem is that we appear not to be looking at the defensive positioning of our opposition and throwing passes regardless. Keary's cut outs gifted the ball back. And when the defence moves up like that a kick behind is a better option.

I think the pass selection will be more varied when we can cut down the error rate and the spine overall gains more cohesion and confidence.

Comment

Working...
                            X