The Good Colonel and What’s happening to our Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    Are they Killing the product ...who wouldve thought after a lifetime of been a leaguie that I would get up at 4am to watch Liverpool,and Barcelona play.I do and I love it.Less scoring but less of refs.and all the league crapoloa ..
    ...abd the jobs for anyone in TV calling ...man so many dubbos commentating on Footy re: footy show .
    Less scoring?? Soccer?? Malaka.

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

Like you I have a long commute then car trip after the game. Plus having to back up the next day with a long commute to work proved too much and I gave the game a miss.

Props to you for still managing to do so.
      Understand why so many opt out on the Thursday game, it's Saturday night and to be honest it will be Sunday until i am operating on an even keel again, unfortunately for supporters following ours and other clubs it is increasingly becoming an endurance test rather than a social/ recreational activity as it use to be.

Comment

As a kid we would a few times a year get buckets of chicken plus bread rolls/ coleslaw / potato and gravy /chips and desserts from Kentucky Fried Chicken - I even remember corn on cob and peas being available too- I don't remember the last time I had what they call KFC nowadays /Maccas/ Red Rooster/Burger King (Hungry Jacks) as made famous in the Ramones song Oh Oh I love her so

I met her at the Burger King we fell in love by the soda machine....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HxnhD4c6k

In reality FTA sport is under danger for sure and certain as TV stations face a major decline in revenue from advertisements meaning they wont have the funds to bid for FTA rights for any sports let alone popular ones now and in the future - 9 won the tennis broadcast deal from 7 and fox the cricket from 9 but on sold the broadcast rights for tests and most of the BBL/WBBL to Channel 7- still need to be approved one would say under the anti syphoning laws.

Fox bang on about there are no adds on Pay TV - mmm because people pay for the subscriptions whereas commercial tv networks have to pay for it via advertising revenue and they pick when the best times the games are for them and sponsors/advertisers based on the optimal revenue generation from these sources at peak viewing times.

Times and days of games are an issue plus how many games are played at the relevant venue - 1 game only at most venues(NRL Game only)- why bother travelling 1 hr or more each way to watch one game - it's pointless - why crowds and support is dwindling one suggest- Thursday games when work/school on Friday/ 6pm Friday game hard to get too after work and school - Saturday 3pm and 5:30pm games are hard to get too with kids sport.

Games should be played at 8:00pm Friday night - Saturday 8:00pm and Sunday 2pm and 4pm - 2 games each of these time slots - Nine can show 4 and Fox 4 games live during these times. They wont be though
        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-15-2018, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Sounds about right to me.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
          X