The Fego disallowed try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fego disallowed try

Has there been a rule change? When Aubbo went up and collected our kick and came back down and kicked it out the back and Fergo then went over in the corner - no problem no try Aubbo was tackled. But what's the story with Aubbo being tackled in the air at that point its a penalty to us is it not? Previous recent years this is a penalty but the refs or commentary team made no mention of this?

Its never been a penalty for the attacking player to be tackled in the air, only the defending player

Comment

I noticed that as well
      I think it's called "selective refereeing"

Comment

Or maybe Moose is right.
        I have trouble remembering the rules.

Comment

Attacking players can be tackled in the air.

Comment

Mid-air tackle is legal against attacking team.

It could have been a penalty for Maubs being collared before he caught the ball which denied him any chance of attacking/offloading after catching the ball. I bet that if Maubs had dropped the ball a penalty would have been awarded.

Comment

Who's Fego?

Comment

Learn the rules and stop wasting peoples time with ridiculous threads
                When you trust your television
                what you get is what you got
                Cause when they own the information
                they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  Learn the rules and stop wasting peoples time with ridiculous threads
                  You on your rags today????????

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

You on your rags today????????
                    Nah just sick of clowns posting rubbish that if they took the time out to learn the rulses of the game they would not post

John Mayer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                      Nah just sick of clowns posting rubbish that if they took the time out to learn the rulses of the game they would not post
                      The nrl changes the rules too often.
                      What's wrong with this thread, and why waste your time replying to it?
                      You are the clown.

Comment

Technically aubo could have been penalised for attempting to pass off the ground. But again I think that's another rules that been changed and they no longer penalise for it on the 5th as they just award a handover.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post
                          Technically aubo could have been penalised for attempting to pass off the ground. But again I think that's another rules that been changed and they no longer penalise for it on the 5th as they just award a handover.
                          So many replays but you missed the obvious. Morris had hold of Aubo well before he had even touched the ball, it 100% should have been a Roosters penalty for tackling a player not in possession of the ball. I have no doubt if it was the other way we would have been penalized.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

So many replays but you missed the obvious. Morris had hold of Aubo well before he had even touched the ball, it 100% should have been a Roosters penalty for tackling a player not in possession of the ball. I have no doubt if it was the other way we would have been penalized.
                            Agreed Whilst we have been very poor this year Do not let that detract form some of the very poor or biased officiating we have had I have a feeling we are not wanted anywhere near the top of the table this year Should we continue our current form it wont be hnard for the referees to stop us as we are currently doing a good enough job ourselves

John Mayer

Comment

What makes me nervous for the game itself is that commentators, bunker or on field referees could not clearly see on the 12 or so replays that Morris had his hands on Aubusson before he had contact of the ball and in mid air.

Bottom line, very similar to Latrell however on both occasions the officials got the outcome wrong and all experts didn't pick up on it... That is the joke!!

Comment

Working...
                              X