X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot see how Carney can stay

I cant see it.

He is on the outter with everyone.

He seems to not care about what this looks like.

I cant see how Nick can justify keeping him.

The win last weekend only helped the team move on without him.

Including him now, even in the off season, what will that actually achieve?

He seems to need a fresh start somewhere else, i dont care where that is.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Spot on Melon. He is becoming the new Willie Mason - the shite outweighs the good.

Comment

If we keep Carney it will be a case of the lunatics running the assylum. The only way we can turn around perception that we are a club of drunks and party boys is to get rid of that element and only keep the players who want to do the right thing by the team, the club and the fans. Carney would be flat out knowing left from right, let alone right from wrong.

Comment

He's got to go. Some people say that he should stay because he'll bite us on the arse playing at another club. The way I see it, it will be no different to the number of times he has bitten us on the arse off the field while he has being here. Sometimes the off field stuff is more important than what is happening on the field. I can handle a loss. I can't handle losing sponsors, fans and what is left of our reputation and integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner in the works View Post
          He's got to go. Some people say that he should stay because he'll bite us on the arse playing at another club. The way I see it, it will be no different to the number of times he has bitten us on the arse off the field while he has been here. Sometimes the off field stuff is more important than what is happening on the field. I can handle a loss. I can't handle losing sponsors, fans and what is left of our reputation and integrity.
          What Spanner in the works said, and very well I might add, needs no embellishment.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
            I cant see it.

He is on the outter with everyone.

He seems to not care about what this looks like.

I cant see how Nick can justify keeping him.

The win last weekend only helped the team move on without him.

Including him now, even in the off season, what will that actually achieve?

He seems to need a fresh start somewhere else, i dont care where that is.
            The DT has gotten to you.

Comment

It was always a given that Anasta would try his heart out to convince management that he could fill the 5/8th position if they decided it was best for "the club" to get rid of Carney. Hopefully management will remember Braith's efforts in that role before Carney took over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
                The DT has gotten to you.
                Not really.....the telegraph are idiots.

What has though is looking through our results with him in this attitude, and he did more damage to us on the field wearing our jersey than he could do wearing someone elses.

If Politis and this club are ever going to get serious about where they want to be (consistent top 4 team) then cutting him is a must. We cant afford to waste another off season preparing him only to be fooled again, and have a young promising player miss out and leave. Talk about double blow.

Time to cut our loses...even for you.
                Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

What has though is looking through our results with him in this attitude, and he did more damage to us on the field wearing our jersey than he could do wearing someone elses.

If Politis and this club are ever going to get serious about where they want to be (consistent top 4 team) then cutting him is a must. We cant afford to waste another off season preparing him only to be fooled again, and have a young promising player miss out and leave. Talk about double blow.

Melon has nailed it as far as I'm concerned. I never wanted him to start with but like everybody, was dazzled by his performances last season and was prepared to admit that I had got it sadly wrong. Now what I feared would happen from the start has occurred and we just can't tolerate his self-centred behaviour anymore.

Why not cut our losses now, give Jack Littlejohn an off-season with the top squad and give him a crack in the trials. At the same time recruitment can scour the 20's comp and maybe make some offers to some of the more promising 5/8's running around and see if we can jag another young guy to give us options. I'm just sick to death of the circus

Comment

Spot on. And we should sack Myles as well. Make a statement enough is enough.

Chook.

Comment

Remember Myles' drop kick after an error in the Cowboys match this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
                        Remember Myles is a drop kick
                        You could have just left it at that!

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          It was always a given that Anasta would try his heart out to convince management that he could fill the 5/8th position if they decided it was best for "the club" to get rid of Carney. Hopefully management will remember Braith's efforts in that role before Carney took over.
                          I hope "the club" remembers what Braith Anasta at 5/8th got us.

Comment

Madduke, that spoon was more Fittler's fault than Braith's. Braith did not even play the back end of the season due to his ankle injury suffered on that fateful weekend in NQ when a pissed Fittler decided to go knocking on random hotel doors.

Braith didn't even play in the games that meant we received the wooden spoon -maybe we could have avoided it if he had. Espec that last round disgrace against NQ.

NC
                            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Madduke View Post
                              I hope "the club" remembers what Braith Anasta at 5/8th got us.
                              You just have to look how poor we were travelling last season until Anasta was replaced by Carney at 5/8th.

Comment

Working...
                              X