This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
    By having a ban it could never be kept in house...as breach notices for breaking the club's rules are then issued.

If anyone thinks we Todd fans are gonna put up with this, that he gets booted out while other players who also breached the ban get to not be named and shamed as also having a bad attitude and disrespect and get issued with the same breach notices, they have another thinK coming.
    If others have breached the ban, they should be delt with in the same way. When the evidence presents it's self, if they hadsemblences of honesty they would come forward and be accountable for their actions.

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
    To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
    At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
    Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
    The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

that makes more sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie View Post
        I believe Anasta was trying to give the players some incentive to win the last few games to climb as far as possible away from the bottom of the ladder.
        If they can't take their jobs seriously and don't feel any respect for Easts, I'd rather start breaking in youngsters who want to be Roosters!
        I am bemused as to why the players are taking it more seriously now than at the start of the year. Is avoiding the wooden spoon more important than making the semis?

Why has our leader Anasta left it up to the other forwards to make the bulk of the tackles and runs throughout the season? When was the last time Minichiello hit the line with any gusto?

The senior players who are enforcing team trust and decided Carney's fate are the same players who have been betraying the team all season.

Comment

The others players allegedly drinking during the ban?...allegedly 5 others.

Wonder who?

Let's assume it's not:

. Anasta
          . Ryles
          . Mini
          . Perrett
          . Friend

3 already guilty

. T Carney
          . Myles
          . FPN

That's 8 eliminated.

Anasta is only learning to be a forward.

Comment

You know what they say about ASS u me.

Comment

I do...it was in a movie:

"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups". :-)

I'd bet money other players broke the ban just like RLW says.

Yes, "let's vote to get rid of Carney so we won't be found out."

Comment

As i said in this post, if others come forward or are named, they should be treated the same....with breach notices and such.

But you cannot say that the "others" have the same history as TC.

Lets forget about the Alcohol ban for a second and go back to his court case earlier in the season. He promised to the club, the court and himself that he would stay off the alcohol, attend AA and get his life on track.

Now, i have said before, i donot believe he is an alcoholic, but you must question his intentions regarding the comments and promises he made. Was it a hail mary to avoid possible jail time at the time of the court case?

in the end, he is a target, and i think he is smart enogh to know this. he knows the media is out to find any piece of dirt, even without the Alcohol ban, he still would have been on the back of the tellucrap.

He needs to learn quicksmart to keep his head down and do things differently.

The others that may have been involved in the drinking session are obviously smart enough not to stick their head on the axemans block, maybe todd can learn a few things from his team mates.

At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.

Comment

Maybe.

Maybe sneaking out the back door is not Todd's style.

Maybe he's just not "uni graduation material".

I'd say a hail Mary to avoid appearing in court again, being severely lectured from the bench could well have scared him witless.

He promised to the club, the court and himself that he would stay off the alcohol, attend AA and get his life on track.

Not easy to do longterm though.
                  Maybe he can't stay off the alcohol...which is not a crime in itself.
                  I'd say he meant the promises he made at the time.

He hasn't broken any laws since, that's a start.

Comment

I have said all along BB, i don't think todd is an alco, i have no problem with having a drink.

i have a problem with promises and trust being broken and the lack or regard for his situation.

When you come out and say that you will do something in the public space.......you will be held accountable by the public. he knows that every step he takes is being watched and there are vultures out there that will put pressure on the club to sack him if he steps out of line.

it's an unfortunate situation, but it has been one he has put himself into due to his past. mud sticks. you can use excuses like the weather, injury, not sleeping enough, inappropriate alcohol bans, lack of will power......but when does it come time for todd to learn to say NO.

No to going out drinking when he has meetings early in the morning, no to phone calls from other players asking to go out again after already being taken home once by your minder, no to going out on a monday after putting in one of the WORST performances of the season on the sunday....

Comment

Exactly why he needs to be living with, mentored by, and accompanied everywhere by an older and responsible person...whilever he's at our club or playing footy anywhere.

Once he's stopped playing footy for big money, which could be as soon as next week, he can basically do whatever he likes as long as it's legal.
                      When I was his age I didn't have much of clue either.

Comment

Maybe Triple M were on the right track with the "Todd Carney Wedding" campaign they had last week.

He could be out of a job next week, yes he may be able to do what he wishes.......it won't stop the media scrutiny, it won't stop his reputation being tarnished further.

The thing is, it has been stuff he has been told before. So like i asked, when does todd become accountable for his own actions?

Comment

Exactly why he needs to be living with, mentored by, and accompanied everywhere by an older and responsible person...whilever he's at our club or playing footy anywhere.
                          How old is Carney ?
                          He obviously can't live the life he wants to AND play good football.
                          Its his choice, if he has to have the choice made for him and has to be effectively under lock and key, then he isn't good to anyone on the the football field.
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

At age 21 his father died...early dementia...and he's had much to cope with and worry about...while trying to earn a living.

When I was his age we also had much to cope with and worry about...while earning a living...as some of other fathers we're 'destroying' our lives by saying "I hope you get selected, it'll make a man out of you".

The worry?

Conscription, and being splattered all over rice paddies and jungles in Vietnam...as we watched others being on the tv nightly news.

A young man's life is 'never' really easy:...a young head on young shoulders...as they make their way in life with no experience.

Footy is a mind game, as is life.
                            It's all good when life's a 'beach', but when big waves hit, life is not always easy to cope with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TXBuVUQJw

I was only 19 - Redgum
                            Last edited by bondi-boy; 08-19-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

At age 21 his father died...early dementia...and he's had much to cope with and worry about...while trying to earn a living.

When I was his age we also had much to cope with and worry about...while earning a living...as some of other fathers we're 'destroying' our lives by saying "I hope you get selected, it'll make a man out of you".

The worry?

Conscription, and being splattered all over rice paddies and jungles in Vietnam...as we watched others being on the tv nightly news.

A young man's life is 'never' really easy: [it gets easier after age 30 as a general rule]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7TXBuVUQJw

I was only 19 - Redgum
                              Normally I just ignore you because I think you are an exceptionally good troll.

In this instance however you have crossed the line - to compare Todd Carney to young men going to fight in a war is the height of fuqtardery.

You're a complete fuqing idiot.
                              Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Comment

Yeah, like Pump said, Too Far.

you cannot compare todd carney, a football player who earns a **** load of cash to play footy, who has been known to flout rules and authority and who's past has been riddled with past indescretions to the sacrifice made by those who went to fight for this country.

that post alone, proves you are a tool.

Thread closed

Comment

Working...
                                X