Teams up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    on NRL tonight they were saying the 2nd Kiwi flight had been grounded, its unclear whether they have even left the US yet.
    On Marty Taupau's twitter earlier today he said his flight had been delayed again but was the last Kiwi with only other staff with him. Couple hours later he posted a photo on the plane. I think all of them are on their way back now but a bit staggered due to arrival destinations and only being able to fit a certain number of guys on each re-scheduled flight

Comment

So can we class this Denver test, with its low turn out, long-term injuries and travel screwups as an unmitigated disaster yet? Having been to Colorado (I have an ex there) I can tell you that they have difficulty understanding Gridiron let alone a complex game like League.

Comment

Radley is lock wearing number 12. And there’s a reason for the wrong number. It has to do with the fact they don’t have a number 12 with the gold rooster on the shoulder (100 games) that fits Isaac. I love that gold rosster btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
          So can we class this Denver test, with its low turn out, long-term injuries and travel screwups as an unmitigated disaster yet? Having been to Colorado (I have an ex there) I can tell you that they have difficulty understanding Gridiron let alone a complex game like League.
          Yes, we can.

Comment

HIA test required for organisers

Comment

Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

A winger on the bench again. ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  Radley is lock wearing number 12. And there’s a reason for the wrong number. It has to do with the fact they don’t have a number 12 with the gold rooster on the shoulder (100 games) that fits Isaac. I love that gold rosster btw.
                  Thanks for that. 100 games hey? I had thought the gold Rooster was for the premiership winners....

Comment

The players loved it & were all payed nicely so I know they dont think it was a unmitigated disaster. If the same entrepreneur or another entrepreneur puts up the cash then it will happen again next time in Russia maybe.
                    Last edited by Mickie Lane; 06-27-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      A winger on the bench again. ffs
                      Don’t believe everything you read.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Don’t believe everything you read.
                        Robbo's not usually one for playing those games. Unless there is a genuine late withdrawal from the named side, they are usually the 17 that play. We all doubted Toops would be on the bench too.

Comment

I would like to see robbo rest latrell for this one hes carrying an injury a week off will give him time to heal

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The players loved it & were all payed nicely so I know they dont think it was a unmitigated disaster. If the same entrepreneur or another entrepreneur puts up the cash then it will happen again next time in Russia maybe.
                            Think it’s already locked in for next year again.

To get 20k when the Rockies were playing up the road who got 40k, probably not a bad result.

not sure why Denver was the venue though, thought L.A or NY (because they are looking to have a rugby league team there)would have been the popular choice.

best time to play the game in the U.S because once the NFL,NHL and NBA seasons start, there would be even less interest.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Think it’s already locked in for next year again.

To get 20k when the Rockies were playing up the road who got 40k, probably not a bad result.

not sure why Denver was the venue though, thought L.A or NY (because they are looking to have a rugby league team there)would have been the popular choice.

best time to play the game in the U.S because once the NFL,NHL and NBA seasons start, there would be even less interest.
                              I think the real issue is the timing. Great concept but too far for mid season travel.

Comment

Working...
                              X