Our best is the best; but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our best is the best; but...

Despite that frustrating loss I'm now pretty confident that our best is the best in the comp.

The forward pack is firing. The backs are outstanding. The attack is getting better. The defence is impervious.

I don't think any other team is as complete as we are. I'd rate Souffs as next best but their defence isn't as good (though their attack is better).

But!

We will likely need to go 7-1 from here on out to finish top 4 due to the incredibly lop sided nature of this year's comp. This is unlikely though not impossible as we tend to finish strong under Robbo.

So the question is, can we win the comp from outside the top 4? I would still say unlikely though we'd be the best shot at it given we'd likely be playing inferior NSW teams like the Dragons & Panthers in Sydney in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the finals.

Who knows, after so many top 4 failures perhaps a 5th or 6th place finish will be the catalyst ala 2002.

Speaking of which, I think this side could come with a very similar unstoppable wet sail.
    Last edited by Tommy Smith; 06-30-2018, 02:12 AM.

We are one game out of the 4. The teams above us all play each other. Relax and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      We are one game out of the 4. The teams above us all play each other. Relax and enjoy the ride.
      And we play them. Destiny in our hands. Go Easts.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
        Don't know how relaxed I'll be but I will enjoy the ride, as you mentioned a lot of the top teams will play and take points of each other . We have some big games against Saints, Souths and the broncos in the run home that will determine if we can grab a top 4 position and be contenders. I reckon our defence and will to win are as good as any other team, it's just a matter of whether our attack can click.
        We overachieved with that team last year but we are a better side this year just with the improvement of the young blokes. Easts to win

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

And we play them. Destiny in our hands. Go Easts.
          I can't wait to play the Dragons again. Absolute frauds.

I just hope our slow start won't cost us because we're a class above half the teams in the top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I just hope our slow start won't cost us because we're a class above half the teams in the top 4.
            All of them.

Comment

We are currently equal 6th on 20 points with 9 rounds to go,and the leading team is on 26 points..
              Still plenty of time left to make the top 4 If good enough as all the top teams still play eachother..

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Biggest frauds in the comp mate..
                Appropriately they play the Storm again this week with their Origin players out,same as last year..
                Such a scam,though they will be found out in the big games..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  Biggest frauds in the comp mate..
                  Appropriately they play the Storm again this week with their Origin players out,same as last year..
                  Such a scam,though they will be found out in the big games..
                  We always face teams non affected by Origin - Warriors and Raiders last year. Tigers this year.

And the Dragoms get the Storm two years running.

Oh well they'll get found out come finals. I hope we meet in a Prelim we'll dust them if the refs stay out of it.

Comment

Panthers about to lose a game they were expected to win, and still have to play Warriors(twice)/Sharks/Broncos/Storm.

Comment

Panthers in trouble I reckon..
                      Losing today and Kilauea getting carried off injured,and they play Warriors this week after a loss at home minus Peachey,Maloney,Cleary and Kilauea..
                      Top 4 is well within our reach..

Comment

They're busted too.

Gotta feel for Kikau right now.

Btw Napa was sin binned for leading with the head. Consistency with Manese?

Comment

Working...
                        X