Cordner in doubt for SOO3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordner in doubt for SOO3

said it before he signed his contract extension that SOO would shorten his career, after missing both Roosters games after SOO 1&2 it looks like he will now miss SOO3 plus further Roosters games.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cor...01-p4zouh.html
    Last edited by fletch; 07-01-2018, 05:32 PM.

Reid on Twitter just said he spoke to Boyd and he said he was 90% to play Origin. For mine, that means he is 5% to play for us against Titans and it goes up in 20% increments for the following games.

Comment

PS. He said it was hamstring.

Boyd is becoming like Brad Clyde. Comes back for Origin and misses club games galore.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        PS. He said it was hamstring.

Boyd is becoming like Brad Clyde. Comes back for Origin and misses club games galore.
        Read said it was a calf injury.

any news on Napa JT?

its really becoming really tiresome guys busting to play SOO only to sit out following club games.

Comment

I said this before the series started that I prefer roosters players not getting picked for origin . They push themselves to the limit and come back to us busted . The club pays their wages and are the ones who pay the price for the injuries they incur.
          We lost fitzy for the year in 2003 and he certainly would have helped us in winning a comp that year.

Comment

I love Boyd Cordner, love his commitment to his team and his team mates, whether it be the Roosters or the Blues. I love what he did with the Blues this year and think it would be nice for him to go up to Lang Park to try and help the Blues to a clean sweep.

But the series is already won, and if playing for the Blues in SOO 3 means he misses one more game for the Roosters I think he should have a good think about what his priorities are. There's not many people who get a chance to captain teams that win the SOO shield and the NRL Premiership.

Comment

I said this last year.

Boyd will only play 18 or so club games a year from here on out due to Origin and this should be factored into contract negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                I said this before the series started that I prefer roosters players not getting picked for origin . They push themselves to the limit and come back to us busted . The club pays their wages and are the ones who pay the price for the injuries they incur.
                We lost fitzy for the year in 2003 and he certainly would have helped us in winning a comp that year.
                I think I remember Fitzy playing in the GF. I think we lost Yak and Justin Hodges for the year ...

Comment

Yep.

Fitzy hyper extended his knee and Hodgo tore his ACL... both at Sandcorp. I think Fitzy actually did his in a club game, rnd 16.

But Hodgo was a freak in the first half of 2003 and his ACL cost us a comp imo.

Comment

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/01/...in-game-three/

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Yep.

Fitzy hyper extended his knee and Hodgo tore his ACL... both at Sandcorp. I think Fitzy actually did his in a club game, rnd 16.

You would have had Hodgo in the centres and Hegarty on the wing and, who knows, Shannon out pacing Scott Sattler to score under the posts. If only ….

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        Yep.

My mistake then I thought it was origin, I knew it was suncorp . Finchy and Walker didn't help but it still irks me that we didn't go back to back or win 2/3 in that time , we were a good enough team to do it.
                        Boyd will do everything he can to play in the third origin in what is basically a dead rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Read said it was a calf injury.

any news on Napa JT?

its really becoming really tiresome guys busting to play SOO only to sit out following club games.
                          Sorry, calf.

On Napa I asked Dr. I on twitter and he responded that it was a similar injury to round five and he didn't miss a game then. So he will play Origin almost certainly.

Comment

nrl.com now reporting that Boyd's injury is worse than first thought.

Comment

2UE sports radio just reported Cordner confirmed with the Blues he will be 100% ready to go for Origin 3!

Which contradicts Freddy’s comments of Boyd having a run around this afternoon to have a feel of where he’s at..

Apparantly the decision will rest solely on Boyd,which in my opinion means he will play even at 70% to prove his commitment.

Comment

Working...
                              X