Cordner in doubt for SOO3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
    It's no surprise. If memory serves correct Cords did his ACL in 2013 but they said it could be managed with a bit of rest, like Jimmy in 2014. Anyway Cords got selected for Country and went against the advice to play. And it's been that way ever since. They want the highest honours and play injured to achieve them. Last year after he got injured in Game Two he didn't play for the club to be ready for Game Three. He wasn't really ready for Game Three and we got well beaten. But the decision was left up to Boyd.

That's where the fault lies. It should be up the medicos. Then there is the money angle as rep players are so well paid for SOO. So they constantly make themselves available. Pearcey did this in 2016 even after Daley had virtually ruled him out. Mitch had only just returned from Thailand rehab. The cynics said he wanted the money to pay his fine. Regardless, the money is always a big factor. And it's a plain fact the the clubs get the short stick on this.

Like all of us, I hope he pulls up well. And not like a Tommy Smith trained horse, over raced into early retirement, chasing the big bucks. He gives 100% for everything. But for mine, it should be a doctor's decision and never up to the player as has been reported.
    If you divided there salary by the games they play for the club they are probably getting paid 30k plus for each club game. The club is the one left holding the bag while they miss games due to Rep games. American sports would never put up with it.

Comment

I'd love to see Boyd not fit enough for SOO3 but fit enough to play for the Roosters in R18. Not holding my breath.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

If you divided there salary by the games they play for the club they are probably getting paid 30k plus for each club game. The club is the one left holding the bag while they miss games due to Rep games. American sports would never put up with it.
        American sports don’t rely on a mid season rivalry to help run the game. Their all star games are played in a very mild exhibition type of way, no intensity or value.

Comment

Apparently he’s going to play yet hasn’t trained a full session at all.

I love Cords and I know he’s the captain of his state but this is a dead rubber and he’s our captain too.

This game is important for the players but surely he has to make the Roosters his focus for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
            Apparently he’s going to play yet hasn’t trained a full session at all.

I love Cords and I know he’s the captain of his state but this is a dead rubber and he’s our captain too.

This game is important for the players but surely he has to make the Roosters his focus for the rest of the year.
            You would hope that was the case and if he does play (SOO3) I can see him missing the game against the Titans; oh - he's pulled up sore and we better rest him.

As you say - it's a dead rubber so as far as I'm concerned (Boyd being Captain or not he's still Captain of the Roosters along with that misfit) I would love Cordner to miss Origin and front up for the Roosters against the Titans who aren't going all that bad looking at present form.

Will be rapt when Origin is finished.
            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

The Roosters pay his wages so should be his number one priority.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                I'd love to see Boyd not fit enough for SOO3 but fit enough to play for the Roosters in R18. Not holding my breath.
                I love to see lesbian orgies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  The Roosters pay his wages so should be his number one priority.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that way.
                  So disappointed in Boyd’s actions and the way he has handled himself throughout this Origin period (With his injuries)
                  He’s coming across as a really selfish individual who seems to only think about himself..
                  Such a disappointment considering he is our Captain!

Comment

If he plays on Wednesday and misses more than one game for us I'll be unhappy.

But to be fair to him, he's also captain of the Blues so he can't expect others to die for the jersey if he doesn't make every effort to play.

I'm hoping that his body really is alright and, who knows, with us not playing until Sunday night, maybe get the go ahead from medical staff to make a surprise appearance for us v Titans.

Comment

I don't think its about him being selfish, it's just in his DNA.

If it was a big Roosters game I have no doubt he would be going to exactly the same lengths to be ready as he has numerous times in the past for us.

I find it hard to call him selfish given the way he has continously sacrifices his body in our colours.

I agree with the majority that I would like to see him sit out this game as it's a dead rubber but I can also appreciate what the NSW team are trying to build and how much desire there is from the group to achieve a clean sweep given all the pain theyve been through recently.

Comment

I respect the fact he has sacrificed his body for our Club on many occasions but in all fairness he gets paid a lot of money to make those sacrifices..
                        No doubting his competitiveness and his willingness to play being in his DNA,but in that case he shouldn’t be missing games for his Club a few days after..
                        Having missed 2 games for his Club already and the potential of missing another one this week all for the fact of showing the city of NSW his commitment smells of selfishness to me..
                        In saying that I’ll always love him as a Rooster..

Comment

I hope Boyd has a top game & gets to enjoy being the winning NSW SOO captain which should then make him the Australian captain. What a privilege for the Roosters to have the Australian captain playing for them.
                          I hope the Blues make it a clean sweep for Freddie.

Comment

Working...
                          X