Who else is sick of........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    I'd paid zero attention to it after Roy and H.G. quit doing it until this year. I did play Lionel Rose as homage to them during the anthem.

Lionel Rose - "I Thank You"
    I'm with you Johnny73...it's the Origin anthem for the thinking fan. When will they make the official entertainers sing it? It's about time.

Comment

ori9in is the only way nein can make money from rugby league. they own the rights and will strangle the fcuk out of it for all what its worth. mate verses mate. what about the non origin players, are they not mates.
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Yes I am sick of VBs and XXXX at the farking footy. Their $10 pies suck too.

2019... bring in the watermelon pilsner and pulled pork at the SFS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          Yes I am sick of VBs and XXXX at the farking footy. Their $10 pies suck too.

2019... bring in the watermelon pilsner and pulled pork at the SFS!!!
          Pulled pork? I think more pulled jackfruit

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            Pulled pork? I think more pulled jackfruit
            So long as you call it southeast asian street food and serve it in a store decked out to resemble a street vendor with a multi-million dollar budget then I am down with that.

Comment

Never been the same so since superleague...state of irrelevant.

Comment

Rep footy whether domestic or international is important - the issue is fitting it into the domestic club comp without disrupting this comp (players missing from sides due to rep games) - I don't know if the ratings where affected by playing one of the SOO games on a Sunday instead of Wednesday though?. I prefer the SOO to be on a Sunday as this has the least affect on NRL teams - with byes for the NRL comp on that weekend(Thursday/Friday and weekend) SOO is played.

Some will argue about limited prep time for SOO but in the NRL teams have to play next round games with less prep time. - The Pacific tests can be played on one of these weekends too - International games best suited to the end of the year.

It wont happen as the broadcasters wont put up with no NRL games on 3 weekends(including Thursday and Friday of that week) - except the one week they have the rep round bye.
                Last edited by King Salvo; 07-07-2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

A grub or a peptide fan?
                  LOL, I'll assume you're being facetious there.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

FFS Seriously some people will have a whinge about anything ..Get over it !

Comment

Love Origin man.
                      League will eventually die if the rep footy falls by the wayside.
                      Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

No one is suggesting that rep footy falls by the wayside. These games need to be played so it doesn't interfere with the premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                          origin? Hijacking the premiership the way it does. It should be played when the premiership is over, Fu?&ING sick of it. Every league show on tv and radio crap on about it non stop for 3 months. To me it's a rude interruption to what is the most important thing that we follow and that's the comp, let's face it, the only people who really love it are the Queenslanders.
                          Amen!

Put me down as being sick and tired of Origin interrupting the comp, teams having players out before and after the games.

Comp teams should play each other once on a home and away basis ...home one year, away the next year.
                          The next 8 matches being drawn out of 'Lotto' barrel when the draw is being finalised.
                          Origin should be played after the Grand final or I'll accept stand alone weekends during the comp...teams picked on Monday, game played the next Sat...players don't need to be lolling about in 5 star resorts for 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post
                            Love Origin man.
                            League will eventually die if the rep footy falls by the wayside.
                            Aussie rules is the number one winter sport in this country and not played internationally yet it hasn't fallen by the wayside without Rep games.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Aussie rules is the number one winter sport in this country and not played internationally yet it hasn't fallen by the wayside without Rep games.
                              But the AFL is and has always a tribal game where the rank and file supporter is also a member who turns up to the AFL games on a weekly basis.

The ARL then NRL have gone away from its tribal roots and now have to decide whether to continue to pursue the casual supporter watching the big games and the finals on tv and ratings etc. Or making an effort of returning the game to the grassroots, clubs, etc.

We have lost a lot of our traditional supporter base unlike the AFL and need Origin to win new fans over.

I personally hate how the Origin circus interferes with the competition but half the people I speak with at work would only watch league when Origin or the finals are on.
                              Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 07-11-2018, 11:23 PM.
                              Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

But the AFL is and has always a tribal game where the rank and file supporter is also a member who turns up to the AFL games on a weekly basis.

The ARL then NRL have gone away from its tribal roots and now have to decide whether to continue to pursue the casual supporter watching the big games and the finals on tv and ratings etc. Or making an effort of returning the game to the grassroots, clubs, etc.

We have lost a lot of our traditional supporter base unlike the AFL and need Origin to win new fans over.

I personally hate how the Origin circus interferes with the competition but half the people I speak with at work would only watch league when Origin or the finals are on.
                                Fair points parkway

Comment

Working...
                                X