Cronk thinking of retiring at the end of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
    What did everybody think of the young number 7 for Penrith last night?
    Looks like an exciting prospect,I’m sure Gus will lock him up soon enough,if not already..
    What a great game by the kid!

Comment

• If Cronk retires then so should Uncle Nick one has to say - too many knee jerk signings and poor retention policies since they won the comp -letting go Maloney was the start and the Fergo let go wont be the last of these daft decisions - either they have some plan for future external signings/development internally that will fill the obvious gaps in depth and positions they have that we don't know about or the cap has been spent on too few players and they cannot make decent offers to players coming off contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        If Cronk retires then so should Uncle Nick one has to say - too many knee jerk signings and poor retention policies since they won the comp -letting go Maloney was the start and the Fergo let go wont be the last of these daft decisions - either they have some plan for future external signings/development internally that will fill the obvious gaps in depth and positions they have that we don't know about or the cap has been spent on too few players and they cannot make decent offers to players coming off contract.
        Too many knee jerk posts. Cronk wont be retiring and Nick isn't going anywhere. Fergo wasn't on much and the plan was always to bring Billy Smith into the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Too many knee jerk posts. Cronk wont be retiring and Nick isn't going anywhere. Fergo wasn't on much and the plan was always to bring Billy Smith into the team.
          Have to wait and see - a few maybe in the running in they look internally for a replacement for Fergo - Smith/Lewis/ Momirovski/Frei/Ikuvalu- heard someone on the radio today mentioned the Chooks are sounding out Brett Morris as a possible replacement for Fergo - 1 year or 2 at max until some of the younger options get more experience- be 32 soon though and carrying a few injuries from NRL seasons.

Could not believe how the Dogs could lead 28-14 with 8 or so to go and be beaten 32-28 by the Raiders at Belmore- If the Raiders put it together they could go on a run so the top 8 teams currently need to watch out. Raiders are a better team than their current position one has to say
          Last edited by King Salvo; 07-08-2018, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
            Could not believe how the Dogs could lead 28-14 with 8 or so to go and be beaten 32-28 by the Raiders at Belmore- If the Raiders put it together they could go on a run so the top 8 teams currently need to watch out. Raiders are a better team than their current position one has to say
            Having watched that game, I'm convinced that Austin is an impact player. He should be in that 20 minutes at the end of each half role.

Comment

• zero tackle reporting that the Roosters 'have denied speculation that Cooper Cronk will quit the NRL at season's end'.

Comment

• In an article about Robbo signing on again they “laughed off” this rumour. That’s about all it deserves too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                  Looks like an exciting prospect,I’m sure Gus will lock him up soon enough,if not already..
                  He's a talent reminds me of a young ewen Mc grady . Fast acceleration with a swerve and a step .Great peripheral vision with a clever passing game he looks the real deal. Future rooster written all over him
                  Last edited by Crab; 07-08-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• I just had a cheeky spliff with Cronk while overlooking Bronte Beach from the cliffs. He told me there is no way he would give away $1 million and retire early...

Comment

• Last night on fox Rothfield said, "Its rubbish."

Comment

• Pearce cruelled it for himself with his off-field antics.

Comment

Next game the opposition coach will put someone on him, to make sure he gets smashed every time he gets the ball.
                          He looks good, but one two-try display does not a future champion make.
                          He seems promising though.

How come other teams are signing all the good young Islander talent and we aren't?
                          Who is in charge of our recruitment these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Next game the opposition coach will put someone on him, to make sure he gets smashed every time he gets the ball.
                            He looks good, but one two-try display does not a future champion make.
                            He seems promising though.
                            Spot on. Jerome will now be marked a bit better.

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            Who is in charge of our recruitment these days?
                            Adam Hartigan.
                            Speaking of which, I would like it if the Roosters nabbed Isaako from the donkeys as a replacement for Fergo.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Adam Hartigan.
                              Speaking of which, I would like it if the Roosters nabbed Isaako from the donkeys as a replacement for Fergo.[/QUOTE]
                              Rumoured in the paper yesterday that he’s deciding between Roosters or Broncos..

Massive signing if we can pull it off,impeccable goal kicker also..Fingers crossed

Comment

Adam Hartigan.
                                Speaking of which, I would like it if the Roosters nabbed Isaako from the donkeys as a replacement for Fergo.
                                Rumoured in the paper yesterday that he’s deciding between Roosters or Broncos..

Massive signing if we can pull it off,impeccable goal kicker also..Fingers crossed
                                [/QUOTE]

Would be a great pick up.

Comment

Working...
                                X