No announcement yet.

Qld vs Nsw Origin III Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After DCE winning the Churchill medal in '13 the whole Slater thing should come as no surprise.
    The only way you'll get a fair result is the public votes, and this should extend to origin and test team selection as well. To much corruption, self intrest and bias for these clowns to be impartial.

Comment

Public votes are probably impractical.

I think they should have a rule for Clive Churchill and Origins that the winner should come from the winning side. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth otherwise and, after all, the goal is to win the match/series.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        Public votes are probably impractical.

I think they should have a rule for Clive Churchill and Origins that the winner should come from the winning side. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth otherwise and, after all, the goal is to win the match/series.
        Why not? You register to vote ...So long as it's 1 vote 1 person it's fine. Then no one can complain about the result. Don't like it? Should've voted.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
          Why not? You register to vote ...So long as it's 1 vote 1 person it's fine. Then no one can complain about the result. Don't like it? Should've voted.
          Don't get me wrong, I like democracy, but it's probably better to get it sorted on the night so that the winner can get his award. Voting would take several days.

Interesting to note that in the nrl.com team of the series Billy Slater didn't even make the run on thirteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Yeah I listened to it on the way to work this morning. Bulldog Ritchie gave him a grilling and reading between the lines I get the feeling that the Qld selectors got Slater over the line. Daley stressed that neither Lockyer or Meninga are biased in anyway but I find it hard to believe that a current Qld selector and a past Qld coach don't pay closer attention to the Qld players then the NSW players. Why not have 4 people voting, 2 from each state?
            Didn’t he say the reason it was three was that, the Australian selectors are made up of one nsw, one qld and the Australian coach. If slater scored 2 or 3 in game 2, then 3 or 4 for game three from each of them, he finishes worst case on 15 points.

i just can’t understand how a player who didn’t play game one, then didn’t win them game 2 to keep them in the series, can logically be declared player of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Didn’t he say the reason it was three was that, the Australian selectors are made up of one nsw, one qld and the Australian coach. If slater scored 2 or 3 in game 2, then 3 or 4 for game three from each of them, he finishes worst case on 15 points.

i just can’t understand how a player who didn’t play game one, then didn’t win them game 2 to keep them in the series, can logically be declared player of the series.
              Yes that's true, but why does it have to be restricted to those guys to make the decision? It's not like they pick an Aussie team at the end of the series or anything. Lockyer and Meninga are always going to have a sub conscious bias towards the Qld players and I would expect Daley would be the same with the NSW players despite what they might claim. I find it interesting that the NRL are refusing to release the points. If there was nothing to hide why not release them? We all know that its going to show that Meninga and Lockyer voted for Slater and Daley didn't.

Comment

Slater didn't deserve it and i reckon he knows it.The whole process of how these awards are given out is flawed nothing has changed since cherry pop got the churchill medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Yes that's true, but why does it have to be restricted to those guys to make the decision? It's not like they pick an Aussie team at the end of the series or anything. Lockyer and Meninga are always going to have a sub conscious bias towards the Qld players and I would expect Daley would be the same with the NSW players despite what they might claim. I find it interesting that the NRL are refusing to release the points. If there was nothing to hide why not release them? We all know that its going to show that Meninga and Lockyer voted for Slater and Daley didn't.
                  You have to question wherever there is a lack of transparency. I remember in the Dally M voting it was revealed that the person awarding the points wasn't even at the game. I believe it was the Roosters Penrith first round last year when Keary got maximum points yet the standout player was Michael Gordon. It would have created a big controversy had Keary scraped home to win a Dally M.

We have seen some weird decisions. Worst of recent memory was McCarthy and Co overlooking Jimmy Maloney for Cherry-Evans in 2013 grand final for MOM. A pure case of bias against the Roosters that one, worth a chapter in the Book of Feuds. Reminds me on John Sattler's biography and not rating Arthur Beetson in his top 13. Again pure bias. Sattler made minimal impact when he played for Queensland after leaving Souths, Beetson 'made' State of Origin with one magnificent game.

I don't think the Slater award was anywhere near as blindly biased as McCarthy and Sattler's judgements. And a best player can come from losing side. But FWIW I thought Tedesco was a moral for the prize. But please let's have the judging made public and perhaps take one of the Queenslanders out of the judging or add on another from NSW to conquer unconscious (or deliberate) bias. Daley's comment that nobody can question their integrity doesn't wash with me. For starters in the grand final the voting finishes well before the match does. That itself is a joke.

Comment

Daleys weak as water...can believe the other two gronks would have went for the fairytale for their mate...but really..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Daleys weak as water...can believe the other two gronks would have went for the fairytale for their mate...but really..
                      They send there votes in via text, they don’t discuss it, apparently.

Comment

Hopefully Greenberg comes out and changes the rules for these awards otherwise it will remain a farce..

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

They send there votes in via text, they don’t discuss it, apparently.
                          I dont trust em Mil...smells funny....a bit off actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I dont trust em Mil...smells funny....a bit off actually.
                            Yeah I agree, if he played game one, I could almost understand it, but his influence in game two was not enough to keep them in the series, then I cannot even come close to understanding how he was man of the series.

Comment

I just don’t see how he possibly could of got MOM Wednesday night, let alone man of the series

Everyone you listen too says DCE was there best, Munster was threatening all night. Both played more of a role in that win then Slater did.

I listened to Daley try and explain how the voting works and that’s just rubbish. How those three blokes don’t get together after the game and chat is a joke

it was literally 1 min after the game when Locky announced it while interviewing Slater. The preso was a decent 10min after that. There was ample time time to sit together and go does he deserve it after playing only 2 games and was he the stand out player? Answer is No!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X