X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    I would have him instead of Baptiste.
    Yep.

As for Radley, he is better playing lock. Wasted as an edge forward.

This means Matterson keeps the position warm until Crighton arrives.
    Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Collins is a keeper. Three times today he got there first in the kick chase and got to Jake’s grubber to score a try. The commentators said he came here as a winger, so he has pace.
      He can bend the line too.

Big future ahead of him.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Although Victor has been named in 11 the last few weeks he has only been playing in the middle where as Isaac Liu has been named in 13 but playing on the edge. I'm pretty sure Radley will continue in the middle, he's been killing it there. I love having another skillful, ball playing attacking threat floating around the middle. It's so refreshing compared to the 13 just being a third prop which is the norm today. Credit to Robbo here for going against the grain.

Last week Matto played in the middle, this week 80 on the edge. I'm pretty sure he'll stay on the edge.

I think Isaac Liu will rotate with Victor at Lock, not sure who will start? Another option would be for Liu to push Tetavano out of the front row rotation and for Butcher to rotate with Victor at lock, but I don't think that will happen.

Does anyone really thing Napa is not in our top 17? I've enjoyed watching Collins in his brief stints, and hopefully he'll keep improving, but Napa is streets ahead at this stage. Not sure who will start out of JWH, TKO and Napa, but they will all definitely be there.

Aubbo has to be in the top 17, he just offers so much versatility and cover off the bench. Even if he only plays very limited minutes he'll still be there. Robbo is just keeping Baptise in the mix and giving him a taste just in case something were to happen long term to Friend. Aubbo and Victor are good covers for Friend if he goes down mid game. There's also no point having an extra big forward on the bench like some people say. There are only 8 interchanges so who else would you sub on and off?

At full strength I'm pretty sure our pack and bench will be -

8. TKO
        9.Friend
        10.JWH
        11.Boyd
        12.Matto
        13. Victor

14. Napa
        15. Tetavano
        16.Liu
        17 Aubbo

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

The only thing is I think Robbo would prefer to play Radley in 2nd row or Lock now.

Has Maubs ever played dummy half and shown he can provide good service? I can only recall his brother, James playing hooker
          He played it at the end of 2014 when Friend got injured, may have filled in at times in 2015 too I’m not confident though.

He wasn’t amazing but he could do Baptise’s job and we all know he can fill in almost anywhere else too.

As long as he’s at the Roosters Aubusson has a spot in my 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronterooster View Post
            Although Victor has been named in 11 the last few weeks he has only been playing in the middle where as Isaac Liu has been named in 13 but playing on the edge. I'm pretty sure Radley will continue in the middle, he's been killing it there. I love having another skillful, ball playing attacking threat floating around the middle. It's so refreshing compared to the 13 just being a third prop which is the norm today. Credit to Robbo here for going against the grain.

Last week Matto played in the middle, this week 80 on the edge. I'm pretty sure he'll stay on the edge.

I think Isaac Liu will rotate with Victor at Lock, not sure who will start? Another option would be for Liu to push Tetavano out of the front row rotation and for Butcher to rotate with Victor at lock, but I don't think that will happen.

Does anyone really thing Napa is not in our top 17? I've enjoyed watching Collins in his brief stints, and hopefully he'll keep improving, but Napa is streets ahead at this stage. Not sure who will start out of JWH, TKO and Napa, but they will all definitely be there.

Aubbo has to be in the top 17, he just offers so much versatility and cover off the bench. Even if he only plays very limited minutes he'll still be there. Robbo is just keeping Baptise in the mix and giving him a taste just in case something were to happen long term to Friend. Aubbo and Victor are good covers for Friend if he goes down mid game. There's also no point having an extra big forward on the bench like some people say. There are only 8 interchanges so who else would you sub on and off?

At full strength I'm pretty sure our pack and bench will be -

8. TKO
            9.Friend
            10.JWH
            11.Boyd
            12.Matto
            13. Victor

14. Napa
            15. Tetavano
            16.Liu
            17 Aubbo
            I'd prefer Liu over matto on the right edge he runs harder and has better footwork. Radley is definitely our ball playing lock and the link for our halves.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I'd prefer Liu over matto on the right edge he runs harder and has better footwork. Radley is definitely our ball playing lock and the link for our halves.
              Yeah Liu on the edge has been a revelation. The timing he runs his lines with is exceptional and he can change direction on a pass which is certainly not a skill that all backrowers possess amazingly. I also think his defence has been superior to Matto’s. He doesn’t rack up as many tackles but his inside pressure on halves is much better. He’s more effective coming off an edge in yardage as well. Matto tends to rely on a quick play the ball to get his metres in yardage whereas Liu often provides on with the energy he has leading onto the footy.

Matto would be a good fit for the bench though to come on as lock and at a pinch give us halves cover (although I’d say Radley is probably a better option there also). Could start Radley and Liu, bring Matto into lock and give Radley a breather. Then when Radley comes back on he slots into lock and Matto shifts to an edge to give Liu a spell. Personally I think Liu can give us a quality 80 mins on the edge.

Good problems to have that’s for sure.

Comment

Yeah he’s only played a few games on the edge but he definitely looked good. Such a good player, still underrated. Will be interesting to see which way Robbo goes this week if he’s back? Actually why was Isaac out last week?

Comment

seems everyone is unanimous that Baptiste shouldn't be in the best 17, shame it doesn't seem Robbo feels the same way.

Comment

He was injured, but is definitely in our best 17 when fit.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      seems everyone is unanimous that Baptiste shouldn't be in the best 17, shame it doesn't seem Robbo feels the same way.
                      We won't know this until we're at full strength.

If Maubs and Liu are fit to go this week then we'll find out if Baptiste is in Robbo's top 17.

I don't see him leaving out Matterson or Aubusson, which means there's no spot for Baptiste.

Comment

Working...
                      X