Robbo's contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo's contract

Just have to say, what a great decision from the club to renew Coach Robbo's contract when they did. I remember the comments on the wall about how bad we were going and BAM the board renew his contract.
    May have saved us a few $

We play well and suddenly Robbo is a hero. Some people are so fickle.

Comment

i liked trent barrets comment " its was schoolboys playing men today"!

Comment

Well I don't believe I am fickle, just like to point out good decisions when they may be valid.
        This is the second time in two weeks you have had a go at me personally, maybe you could just say your point of view rather than belittling people.

Comment

It’s banter I don’t mean to offend. Don’t take it personally.
          And my point of view is no matter what today’s result Robbo should remain our coach as there is no better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
            just like to point out good decisions when they may be valid.
            It was a great decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              It’s banter I don’t mean to offend. Don’t take it personally.
              And my point of view is no matter what today’s result Robbo should remain our coach as there is no better option.
              Thanks, Thirteen, I should not have taken it personally.

Comment

Robbo should of been sacked 2 months ago as he had no idea, our team was the dumbest in the comp, we had no game plan, and we weren’t winning every game by 30 points.

Comment

Robbo has made mistakes-theres no doubt about it. Matterson in the centres last year and Toops on the bench coming back from injury in the semi finals come to mind. I think he can be too loyal to out of form players as well.

His biggest asset is players absolutely love playing under him. Its a massive asset when it comes to attracting a player to the club. He creates excellent team harmony, bond and culture.
                  He also works very well with Uncle Nick, who thinks he is the greatest coach in Rooster history. So get used to Robbo being around for a long time whether you like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                    Robbo has made mistakes-theres no doubt about it. Matterson in the centres last year and Toops on the bench coming back from injury in the semi finals come to mind. I think he can be too loyal to out of form players as well.

His biggest asset is players absolutely love playing under him. Its a massive asset when it comes to attracting a player to the club. He creates excellent team harmony, bond and culture.
                    He also works very well with Uncle Nick, who thinks he is the greatest coach in Rooster history. So get used to Robbo being around for a long time whether you like it or not
                    I am no coach but last years decision to play Toop's off the bench does seem a little out of left field

Comment

So people who were critical of Robbo for making some howlers over the past few years now have to eat humble pie because we've won 2 games in a row and now we are sitting on 4th spot? Ridiculous! This type of criticism is what makes him into a better coach, or not. I'm sure he won't try putting an injured winger on the bench again come finals time..unless some here think that was a stroke of genius.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                        So people who were critical of Robbo for making some howlers over the past few years now have to eat humble pie because we've won 2 games in a row and now we are sitting on 4th spot? Ridiculous! This type of criticism is what makes him into a better coach, or not. I'm sure he won't try putting an injured winger on the bench again come finals time..unless some here think that was a stroke of genius.
                        Two in a row? Make that 9 of the last 11. Robbo’s Toupu bench move was a shocker. Winning 3 MPs in a row was not. People calling for his sacking at the start of the year was more than just criticism. That was ridiculous. Robbo isn’t perfect but there’s only one other coach in the whole NRL that could do as good or better job than him at coaching our team. That’s Bellamy and I wouldn’t want him at the Roosters anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Two in a row? Make that 9 of the last 11. Robbo’s Toupu bench move was a shocker. Winning 3 MPs in a row was not. People calling for his sacking at the start of the year was more than just criticism. That was ridiculous. Robbo isn’t perfect but there’s only one other coach in the whole NRL that could do as good or better job than him at coaching our team. That’s Bellamy and I wouldn’t want him at the Roosters anyway.

3MPs ok you go and feel good about that. I prefer GF... and the 2 in a row I mean cause he left out JWH v Storm to rest him when we could have won that. As for criticism of him, well he can be a little conservative especially when earlier in the the season there was absolutely no offloads and the play was just stalling with the carriers which us and commentators were critical off... are you serious going to tell me that that criticism doesn’t force him to change his tactics? Good on him but if he fails again with diabolical tactics people will criticise him and some will say to get rid of him because that happens... even though he’s signed till next century or around then.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

3MPs ok you go and feel good about that. I prefer GF... and the 2 in a row I mean cause he left out JWH v Storm to rest him when we could have won that. As for criticism of him, well he can be a little conservative especially when earlier in the the season there was absolutely no offloads and the play was just stalling with the carriers which us and commentators were critical off... are you serious going to tell me that that criticism doesn’t force him to change his tactics? Good on him but if he fails again with diabolical tactics people will criticise him and some will say to get rid of him because that happens... even though he’s signed till next century or around then.
                            Just reacting to your post ROC.
                            I prefer grand finals too. I don't know why you would think I wouldn't.
                            I also don't understand why critics can't take a bigger picture view of things. Surely winning a premiership and 3 MPS in a row has to carry some weight when making decisions about whether a coach should be sacked or given more time to come good when their team has made a slow start to the season but the season is ONLY 8 rounds in? Sure if the coach's record is 13th, 14th, 12th etc over the course of the precedding 5 years and after 8 rounds again the team is struggling, lets start talking about moving him on. But that is not the case with Robbo is it? His issue has been getting us to win at finals time.

I just get tired of the knee jerk reactions of some who are happy to just discount the big picture and just scream sack him, demote him etc, when things go wrong for a short period of time. The people who seem to espect us to be perfect every single game.

Robbo's Toops benching was a complete shocker. And if coach's improve their performance based on the criticism of fans on forums, maybe they should employ fans as advisors?

Comment

Working...
                            X