First time since 2004 that somebody has put 50+ on Manly at Brookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time since 2004 that somebody has put 50+ on Manly at Brookie

The 4 tried against us were disappointing but what a win!!! I am visiting Japan this week so missed the game but daaaamn!!! Go the faaarking Roosters!!! I always love beating the salary cap cheats at Brookie (which now even has a Shyte name... lol@lotto_boys!!!)

Haven’t choked this hard on my latte since I found out big Robbo was gay. Maybe it’s a sign? Maybe we will see the biff again next week against the Merge? Damn that would be sweet as!!!

In other good news, none of our players got ankle injuries from the salary cheaters BS quality field.

The sea egulls were shyte yesterday but I enjoyed seeing the Roosters put a score on them if only for the score they put on the Roosters when Chris Anderson was coach in 2009?
    And perhaps I'm hard to please, the 24 against grates a bit.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

my merge mate told me he expected us to swamp them next week, he said we were very lethargic against the cows, the roosters showed so much energy! makes sense, im sure it wasn't unnoticed by robbo, so expect an up-tempo game from the open9intg whistle?

Comment

It was delicious and yet I was gutted when Teddy dropped that ball over the line.

60 would have been amazing. I don't think I've seen us score that many (mid 1999 onwards).

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          It was delicious and yet I was gutted when Teddy dropped that ball over the line.

60 would have been amazing. I don't think I've seen us score that many (mid 1999 onwards).
          Could have been a penalty try? No great force in the tackle, but the Manly guy drags Teddy's head back.

There's no doubting Manly were poor, but there are signs that our attack is getting into gear.

Comment

Yes our attack was awesome. Very positive signs.

I'm not worried about the 24pts against because for one we switched off, and Manly can also be a dangerous attacking team with their 2nd phase and punch through the middle.

We've shown we can defend. Now we're showing we can attack. Now to put it all together when it matters.

And btw we beat the Cowboys 64-30 at home in 2007 - our only 60pt haul this century. Which must also be close to a record for highest scoring NRL game.

Comment

I remember that cowboys 64-30 game, SKD got a hat-trick from memory.

But yeah we monstered Manly at home which isn’t done often. I honestly think we’ll kill the dragqueens next week.

Comment

To think if he scored that try and it was converted, then we would have had the best points differential in the comp...... Melba is 5 points ahead of us...
                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

And btw we beat the Cowboys 64-30 at home in 2007 - our only 60pt haul this century. Which must also be close to a record for highest scoring NRL game.
                  In the NRL era, the biggest score is Parra beating the Sharks 74-4 in 2003.

All time record, St George beat Canterbury (the Berries) 91-6 in 1935. A week later the Roosters beat Canterbury 87-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

In the NRL era, the biggest score is Parra beating the Sharks 74-4 in 2003.

All time record, St George beat Canterbury (the Berries) 91-6 in 1935. A week later the Roosters beat Canterbury 87-7.
                    Yeah and Canterbury didn't even come last that year! Those were 3 pt tries, I'm guessing maybe 19 with 15 conversions, adjusted to today's value its 106-8 !

Comment

Working...
                    X