SOS to the broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS to the broncos

watching nrl 360 and James Hooper has said O'sullivan is off to the broncos next year not to play as an nrl half

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/l...n-moses!690405

around 45 seconds in

WTF ?? He certainly sounds confident it's a done deal

Comment

Well that’s poo

The other day they were saying it’s only a 1 year deal, maybe he comes back after Cronk is done?

I think the NRL should employ a loan system like soccer for these types of deals.

Comment

Part of a deal to get TPJ here?

Comment

would that mean cleary 2020?

Comment

Still think we will put in a huge offer for Nathan Cleary. Probably not going to offer big money for anyone else unless that becomes a no deal.

Comment

Wow. If true then someone else must surely be in the pipeline. Cleary done deal?
              Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I don’t think it’s happening - he was on Roosters Radio last week saying that he’s supported Easts since he was 9.

He also just posted this:
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I certainly hope not. I thought the reason we signed Cronk was for him to mentor O’Sullivan. Hopefully Hooper is wrong as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                    Well that’s poo

The other day they were saying it’s only a 1 year deal, maybe he comes back after Cronk is done?

I think the NRL should employ a loan system like soccer for these types of deals.
                    Fair point. Guessing you could do it if you got your lawyer to draft up a loan contract. While the NRL likes to play a gatekeeper role, I am pretty sure you could do other kinds of deals.

That said, IMO it is best to move on from players who sign elsewhere. A lot of young guns come through our systems and only a small percentage will make it into out 1sts (often because there happens to be no room at the given time). A LOOOT can happen in 12 months and IMO it would be terrible to have a deal that we HAVE to take back SOS if (for example) he loves the Broncos and Connor Watson chooses to take a pay cut to return to us.

From a practical perspective, I dunno if loans would work! Like any agreement to enter into an agreement, they would be pretty much impossible to enforce (and if you could, you would be forcing a player to play for a club against their will - not a great way to get them to love you).

Comment

Just watched the video and Hooper doesn’t sound ultra confident in my opinion..

He seems to want to break a story but you can hear the hesitation in his voice,I’m not sold on this yet!

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                        I certainly hope not. I thought the reason we signed Cronk was for him to mentor O’Sullivan. Hopefully Hooper is wrong as usual.
                        No we signed Cronk to win us a premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                          Well that’s poo

I think Brisbane aren’t stupid enough for sign a young player for one year only.

Comment

Hooper is hardly ever right with his "scoops", usually on par with the Lurker.

Because his bro in law (farkwit Matt Lodge) just extended at the Broncos, Hooper assumes it's a done deal.

Comment

Wants to play with his scumbag brother-in-law. What a croc of BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X