Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you all cry over our rosters?

Why?

This club has no idea of nurturing youth and growing culture except for the fungus under than big Mahogany table in the board room.

Every time we lose or buy a player you all cry your arse off and play the man not the ball.

Easts do not know how to build a culture and a successful team. Not the current Easts. They did it for 3 seasons 2000-2003 off the back, blood sweat and tears of those people who really cared who are no longer here.

The front office then wasnt second to any sporting office in the world. The front office decides the fate of this team and club.

When we go after players like KHunt, Lockyear, Mason, Carney, we usually get our man. And along the way we lose some "local" kid that tries hard and has either done **** all, continues to do **** all or becomes something great under a new front office of a new club.

Do not blame the man in the Jersey, blame the man in the suit.

Easts do not have a brand, their own identity. As I wrote in the forum sevens this week, they think they can buy a culture just like they tried buying a comp in the 80-90s. One premiership in 30 years...there's a reason.

Lay off the signing. If you dont like the Masons, the Carneys or hate losing the Shacks and the Hannants and the Wintersteins, then take aim at one man, because the buck stops with him.

Who then dares to take aim at that man?
    Last edited by melon....; 06-11-2009, 10:04 AM.
    Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

So basically you are saying that Uncle Nick signs players and does not allow Peter O'Sullivan to do the job he was employed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
      So basically you are saying that Uncle Nick signs players and does not allow Peter O'Sullivan to do the job he was employed to do?
      Im saying the buck stops with the big man. Like every organisation.

You need to look at the front office to see a reflection of the state.

Its not through the direct actions of one man. Its the collective direction that seems to have been approved. You can only pump so much money into a club, and if that stopped, lets get real, there would be NO roosters. The way the club is currently structured and with its current strategic direction - which is nowhere to be seen publicly by the way - as it should be for all to know - there would also be no future roosters in my opinion.

Im raising this because nobody seems to be attacking the very forces that approve these deals. Whether thats O'Sullivan, Teh Board or Nick himself. Are they immune?
      Last edited by melon....; 06-11-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
        Why?

This club has no idea of nurturing youth and growing culture except for the fungus under than big Mahogany table in the board room.

Every time we lose or buy a player you all cry your arse off and play the man not the ball.

Easts do not know how to build a culture and a successful team. Not the current Easts. They did it for 3 seasons 2000-2003 off the back, blood sweat and tears of those people who really cared who are no longer here.

The front office then wasnt second to any sporting office in the world. The front office decides the fate of this team and club.

When we go after players like KHunt, Lockyear, Mason, Carney, we usually get our man. And along the way we lose some "local" kid that tries hard and has either done **** all, continues to do **** all or becomes something great under a new front office of a new club.

Do not blame the man in the Jersey, blame the man in the suit.

Easts do not have a brand, their own identity. As I wrote in the forum sevens this week, they think they can buy a culture just like they tried buying a comp in the 80-90s. One premiership in 30 years...there's a reason.

Lay off the signing. If you dont like the Masons, the Carneys or hate losing the Shacks and the Hannants and the Wintersteins, then take aim at one man, because the buck stops with him.

Who then dares to take aim at that man?
        Very true Melon. You only have to look at the Broncos to see how it's done. The people who run our club has NFI. It has to start with fixing up our Juniors comp.
        The club should also terminate it's agreement with Newtown and readmit a proper Roosters Premier league team where players who aren't in the NRL can still feel what it's like to play for the mighty Roosters instead of playing for bloody Newtown. It might cost some more money but so bloody what!

The club should stop buying bloody nuffies, then they will have ample funds to pay for it. The club should also get in people who love the club and have a history with us not bloody Peter Sharpe! Bring in people like Barry Reilly, Kevin Hastings, John Brass, Ferris Ashton and so on. I applauded them for bringing big Artie back, there should be more of it. It should be about real Rooster people who have spilt blood for the club and sincerely love the red, white and blue!

I've had enough of all this "We're a brand" bs, How about some heart on you sleeve passion. The club should be aiming for at least 4 local juniors in it's first grade side in 10 years. Steps like this will see us return to the glory days and won't it make supporting our great club that much greater?

So come on Easts, get your act together and make it a pleasure to support the mightys once again.

Comment

It is quite simple why we attack the players. They are the ones that decide the win or loss on the day. Rightly or wrongly, they were signed up to do a job. You don't see the blokes in suits on the field.

The blokes in the office cling on to their power, their vision and the careers and are very hard to oust. The blokes on the paddock are bloody professional footballers that have pretty much dedicated their short lives to doing something that they love. That is playing Rugby League and they get payed well to do so.

Not all of us plebs on this forum are privy to what goes on behind closed doors. And some of those on here that believe they are privy, are pissing in our pockets. That is not a slur on anyone in particular.

I am sure it costs a LOT of money to run a football club and to suggest just that we need to do this or do that is pretty simplistic and easy to do when you are not the one signing the cheques.
          Last edited by JohnL; 06-11-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

In your 1st post you say it is one man and in the 2nd post you say POS,The Board and NP

Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by rcptn View Post
              In your 1st post you say it is one man and in the 2nd post you say POS,The Board and NP

Which is it?
              I have always said the buck stops with ONE MAN. he may not pull the trigger, but he owns the bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
                It is quite simple why we attack the players. They are the ones that decide the win or loss on the day. Rightly or wrongly, they were signed up to do a job. You don't see the blokes in suits on the field.

The blokes in the office cling on to their power, their vision and the careers and are very hard to oust. The blokes on the paddock are bloody professional footballers that have pretty much dedicated their short lives to doing something that they love. That is playing Rugby League and they get payed well to do so.

Not all of us plebs on this forum are privy to what goes on behind closed doors. And some of those on here that believe they are privy, are pissing in our pockets. That is not a slur on anyone in particular.

I am sure it costs a LOT of money to run a football club and to suggest just that we need to do this or do that is pretty simplistic and easy to do when you are not the one signing the cheques.
                I would say 100% John that most are NOT privvie here. I know Im not. but you dont have to be to see the bleeding obvious. If you work in business, or an organisation you can relate to success and factors that determine that success.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see Easts cannot buy a culture. They couldnt buy a comp when they tried. So whats changed?

Comment

The Roosters have had more money than sense for a long time now Melon.

Unfortunately, money can't buy loyalty, passion and commitment from a player.

Problem is the Roosters don't look past the footballing talent of blokes and fail to consider character, ambition and attitude when they sign them. Most of our current big names are all style but no substance. And if the rumours are true, there's yet another on the way in Carney.

The culture of the club starts at the top, if they promote the wrong message then don't blame those underneath for taking it on board.

And our culture is that money talks. Forget about anything else.

NC
                  Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Yet we all cry for results NOW!!!

We were going all right last year, what has chnaged between then and now? We still have the same players, we still have the same coach and we still have the same board members.

I agree that they try to buy a comp and maybe they aren't interested in creating a culture as such.
                    Last edited by JohnL; 06-11-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Yet we all cry for results NOW.
                      I'm not, this year's a write off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Cogburn View Post
                        I'm not, this year's a write off.
                        The next 3 years will be write offs

Comment

Yet we all cry for results NOW.
                          With the money weve spent, one premiership in 30years, wouldnt you? And 09 is gone. With the current training and football structure, 2010 is also gone.

Comment

Seriously though, what can I or anyone else here do to fix this mess? I would happily confront Nick or anyone else in the front office that needs a reality check. To know that this year is already gone and a spoon is likely is depressing. To appreciate that next year will likely be no improvement just ices this mud cake.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                              Seriously though, what can I or anyone else here do to fix this mess? I would happily confront Nick or anyone else in the front office that needs a reality check. To know that this year is already gone and a spoon is likely is depressing. To appreciate that next year will likely be no improvement just ices this mud cake.
                              Does anyone really believe that bringing in Peter Sharp will help fix the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X