The Sheer Irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sheer Irony

How about bug-eyed Robinson not going to the video on the Ryles "try"?

He was right on the spot.

What a useless ref.

If that was a try for Parra this forum would be in meltdown.

I reckon another twenty games would square the ledger.

I guess it was only fair seeing that he let burt take a 20m tap, even though he clearly touched the ball and took it dead.

I used to like Robinson as a ref, but he is just as bad as the rest.

Comment

I did say it.
      I'm very surprised we got 'anything'.
      I saw the Eels get a lot of penalties.

Video refs should be able to override all refs' decisons if need be.

There is one line of thinking, that all tries should be subject to video ref scrutiny before being awarded.

Comment

I say this when we get screwed...
        It evens out. I'm a fan of NO VIDEO REF, with refs free to call it as they see it. Sometimes calls are wrong, but generally they don't influence the outcome of the game, and the better team on the day ends up winning.

If refs make lots of errors then sack 'em.

If refs favour teams... sack 'em.

---

Refs are there to maintain order and give the final decision. Having a little nerd in a box, doing slow-mo replays and nitpicking would only undermind confidence, respect and authority for refs. Nothing worse than making a decision, people moving on then being dragged back, and the decision changed.

At work I know everybody in my office would hate it if they had a spy camera on them that caught out any mistakes they made and over-ruled their decisions. Why even bother making decisions if 15-20% of the time a nerd with a camera is going to shaft your decision? I'd personally get all edgy, make more mistakes and lose confidence in my work if this happened to me.

---

Fans will complain, but I'm 100% sure that players are told to accept the ref's ruling and move on.

End of the day Parra lost and it didn't come down to Ryles' "try"... it came down to:
        - Parra being unable to slot a drop goal when they were up by 1 try.
        - Hayne scr3wing up at a critical moment.
        - Parra letting in Taka's try (which was legit, no argument.)
        - Parra not taking control in extra time despite being given 1st possession.
        - Parra allowing Anasta to score a drop goal.

You can keep whining about 1 try, but so many other things led to Parra's defeat and te better team won. Rather than throwing a tantrum when Parra got a dodgy try, we fired up, focussed and finished MUCH stronger than Parra.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          I say this when we get screwed...
          It evens out. I'm a fan of NO VIDEO REF, with refs free to call it as they see it. Sometimes calls are wrong, but generally they don't influence the outcome of the game, and the better team on the day ends up winning.

If refs make lots of errors then sack 'em.

If refs favour teams... sack 'em.

---

Refs are there to maintain order and give the final decision. Having a little nerd in a box, doing slow-mo replays and nitpicking would only undermind confidence, respect and authority for refs. Nothing worse than making a decision, people moving on then being dragged back, and the decision changed.

At work I know everybody in my office would hate it if they had a spy camera on them that caught out any mistakes they made and over-ruled their decisions. Why even bother making decisions if 15-20% of the time a nerd with a camera is going to shaft your decision? I'd personally get all edgy, make more mistakes and lose confidence in my work if this happened to me.

---

Fans will complain, but I'm 100% sure that players are told to accept the ref's ruling and move on.

End of the day Parra lost and it didn't come down to Ryles' "try"... it came down to:
          - Parra being unable to slot a drop goal when they were up by 1 try.
          - Hayne scr3wing up at a critical moment.
          - Parra letting in Taka's try (which was legit, no argument.)
          - Parra not taking control in extra time despite being given 1st possession.
          - Parra allowing Anasta to score a drop goal.

You can keep whining about 1 try, but so many other things led to Parra's defeat and te better team won. Rather than throwing a tantrum when Parra got a dodgy try, we fired up, focussed and finished MUCH stronger than Parra.

Why did we get video refs in the first place?
          Why did we get 3rd umpire's in cricket?
          Answer: Because far too many wrong decisions were being made by the refs and umpires, who had absolute control over games.
          One wrong decision made by a ref could cost a team a win.

1st try by the Dragons in the 2010 Grand Final for example...a total outrage that sees the 2010 trophy with a stain on it.

Referees should only be part of each decision on the field, with the video ref panel [not just one video ref] also buying in to make final decisions.
          Fans deserve to have the correct decisions made...all the time.
          Last edited by bondi-boy; 08-28-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_xbu...eature=related

lol

Comment

Working...
            X