• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank-Paul's wake-up call: 'I'll stay at home next time'

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...827-1jfhu.html

Frank-Paul's wake-up call: 'I'll stay at home next time'
    Adrian Proszenko
    August 28, 2011

REMORSEFUL forward Frank-Paul Nuuausala has thanked the Roosters for giving him a chance at redemption and vowed to behave for the remainder of his career.

Nuuausala and teammates Todd Carney and Nate Myles broke a booze ban imposed by the senior playing group. Gold Coast-bound forward Myles was fined and effectively given his marching orders over the incident, while Carney's future remains unclear.

In Nuuausala's case, it was his first offence and officials deemed a fine and stint with feeder club Newtown a sufficient punishment. The Kiwi international was recalled to the first-grade side for the past two games, including the golden-point win against Parramatta on Friday night.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

''I'm thankful I got a second chance and I'm trying to make the most of it,'' Nuuausala told The Sun-Herald. ''Each game I play this year or next year I won't take for granted. I know how it feels on the other side and I never want to go there. I let down my teammates, the players and staff of this club. It's a good club.

''It still hurts me now, I can never forget what I did. I always forgive but I never forget - that's always in the back of my head.

''That's my saying, I've got a tatt on [saying that]. That's how I live.

''Everyone makes a mistake and I learnt from that mistake and I know that won't happen again.''

The antics of the Roosters trio came to light when a taxi driver tipped off a newspaper that they were drinking at a Darlinghurst Hotel.

''What disappoints me is that taxi driver. It's pretty low,'' he said.

''I believe whatever goes around comes around. Not now, but something bad is going to happen to him.

''Just for a couple of bucks to get photos, that's pretty disappointing.

''He probably wanted to get some money to help his family.'' Nuuausala said it was difficult to watch his teammates from the sidelines during his lay-off. ''To miss a few weeks with suspension and ill discipline … it was hurting me,'' he said.

''It hurt me when the boys won against the Dragons and it really hurt and brought me back down to earth playing for Newtown.

''It could get taken away from me easy. I got that feeling playing for Newtown. I've just got to keep my feet grounded. I cherish every moment I play in first grade now.''

Nuuausala said he would make the necessary lifestyle changes to ensure he wouldn't reoffend.

''I just have to be careful where I go,'' he said. ''I'm a role model now and realise that's part of the job I do. I'll probably stay home next time.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz1WIWxdULo

''What disappoints me is that taxi driver. It's pretty low,''

I still doubt it was a cabbie who caught them :P nobody knew about the booze ban except insiders.

Comment

I had no idea there was the ban against drinking alcohol, a legal past-time.

A cynic could be forgiven for believing there were 2 objectives of the ban, both of which were successful.
      Lots of cynics around.

It's good Frank is back on the straight and narrow, club rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        ''What disappoints me is that taxi driver. It's pretty low,''

I still doubt it was a cabbie who caught them :P nobody knew about the booze ban except insiders.
        If the cab driver knew or not, either way, he'd still tell.
        Probably had no idea about the booze ban but just thought he wanted attention, so he went an told everyone.

Comment

ye the taxi driver is still foul.. it was wierd seeing such perfectly placed photographers outside as well. So obviously there were numerous tip-offs that a booze ban was in play

Comment

His obviously not too sorry if he's disappointed about the taxi driver dobbing him in

Comment

Sounds like he's more disappointed in being caught than his actions.

Comment

Not really, his words say he's realised his mistake, he's grateful for a second chance, and won't be breaking club rules again.
                That's his 'promise' now, but of course being a young man he could make another 'little mistake' in the future...to which management should not overreact.

Dobbers are a hated species in some sections of our society...nothing special for Frank to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy55 View Post
                  His obviously not too sorry if he's disappointed about the taxi driver dobbing him in
                  I would be too.

What a softcock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    Sounds like he's more disappointed in being caught than his actions.
                    I'll presume you're not naive and realize most people show guilt when they're caught.

I never have, it's got me into more shit than Flash Gordon but I don't take a backward step.

Comment

Working...
                    X