Vermin vs The Choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    They will probably only cop a fine. No-one will miss a game unfortunately. It’s the Rabbitohs. Protected species. Plus no-one with the surname of Pearce. He didn’t expose himself but got 8 weeks and that derailed our 2016 season. Can’t see these players even copping a week.

Comment

Club investigates after ‘funny’ chat on FaceTime turned explicit

DANIELLE GUSMAROLI, The Daily Telegraph
      September 14, 2018 12:00am
      Subscriber only
      THE Rabbitohs are investigating a young woman’s claims that a Facebook video chat with several high-profile players turned lewd without her consent — with two stars exposing­ their private parts.

A club spokesman yesterday confirmed the 23-year-old sent an email the day after the May 26 incident, revealing how a “funny” FaceTime chat “with the group of boys” turned explicit and left her “violated and disgusted”.

The players had been celebrating­ the team’s win in Auckland against the Warriors. In screenshots taken by the girl and seen by The Daily Telegraph, one of the players pulls his pants down to show off his genitals while in ­another a player bares his backside to the woman. Souths Rabbitohs logo
      MORE NEWS:

$75K tax free to foster damaged kids out west

Brooke confesses to relationships with women

Needles in strawberries: Who police suspect

The woman made contact with one of the players through Instagram.

She says phone records show one player repeatedly called her, even after she had made it clear she wanted to be left alone.

Several of the club’s biggest names are involved in the videochat. The Daily Telegraph has chosen not to name the players or publish the screenshots.

The woman contacted The Daily Telegraph after she said ­repeated follow-up emails to the club demanding action had gone unanswered.

After questions from The Daily Telegraph, a Rabbitohs spokesman confirmed that the woman’s initial email was received by the club’s football operations manager Brock Schafer on June 1.

In that email, seen by The Daily Telegraph, Mr Schafer assures the woman the matter was being taken “seriously” and the club “will work to understand what has ­occurred”. However subsequent emails from the woman on June 5 and August 31 were never responded to.

“I feel quite disappointed that my email has not been responded too (sic) since a few months ago,” she wrote in ­August. South Sydney Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly.
      “I find it disgusting how these boys think they can get away with this crap.”

A spokesman said the club had late yesterday hired an “independent contractor” to trawl through emails to verify if the woman had sent follow-up emails. He said this contractor could “confirm” that these emails were not ­answered because they “were tagged as spam”.

“As per the system junk email policy these emails were subsequently routed to a junk mail folder,” he said.

The club would not answer detailed questions from The Daily Telegraph about the claims of player misbehaviour.

South Sydney Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly last night said that now it had been proven that the woman had repeatedly “tried to reach out” they would make contact with her today.

“We are proud of our position­ on the Code of Conduct and if someone has breached that we want to investigate it,” he said. “Now we have more information we can speak to the players in the morning (today).”

Comment

THE Rabbitohs are investigating a young woman’s claims that a Facebook video chat with several high-profile players turned lewd without her consent — with two stars exposing­ their private parts.

A club spokesman yesterday confirmed the 23-year-old sent an email the day after the May 26 incident, revealing how a “funny” FaceTime chat “with the group of boys” turned explicit and left her “violated and disgusted”.

The players had been celebrating­ the team’s win in Auckland against the Warriors. In screenshots taken by the girl and seen by The Daily Telegraph, one of the players pulls his pants down to show off his genitals while in ­another a player bares his backside to the woman. Souths Rabbitohs logo
        MORE NEWS:

$75K tax free to foster damaged kids out west

Brooke confesses to relationships with women

Needles in strawberries: Who police suspect

The woman made contact with one of the players through Instagram.

She says phone records show one player repeatedly called her, even after she had made it clear she wanted to be left alone.

Several of the club’s biggest names are involved in the videochat. The Daily Telegraph has chosen not to name the players or publish the screenshots.

The woman contacted The Daily Telegraph after she said ­repeated follow-up emails to the club demanding action had gone unanswered.

After questions from The Daily Telegraph, a Rabbitohs spokesman confirmed that the woman’s initial email was received by the club’s football operations manager Brock Schafer on June 1.

In that email, seen by The Daily Telegraph, Mr Schafer assures the woman the matter was being taken “seriously” and the club “will work to understand what has ­occurred”. However subsequent emails from the woman on June 5 and August 31 were never responded to.

“I feel quite disappointed that my email has not been responded too (sic) since a few months ago,” she wrote in ­August. South Sydney Rabbitohs CEO Blake Solly.
        “I find it disgusting how these boys think they can get away with this crap.”

A spokesman said the club had late yesterday hired an “independent contractor” to trawl through emails to verify if the woman had sent follow-up emails. He said this contractor could “confirm” that these emails were not ­answered because they “were tagged as spam”.

“As per the system junk email policy these emails were subsequently routed to a junk mail folder,” he said.

The club would not answer detailed questions from The Daily Telegraph about the claims of player misbehaviour.

South Sydney Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly last night said that now it had been proven that the woman had repeatedly “tried to reach out” they would make contact with her today.

“We are proud of our position­ on the Code of Conduct and if someone has breached that we want to investigate it,” he said. “Now we have more information we can speak to the players in the morning (today).”

Comment

Hard to see Saints win but nobody gave them a chance last week either.

It would be Glory Glorious if it did happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            The Daily Telegraph has not published the screenshots and has not identified the players involved.

LOL

Comment

Schlong camgate

amazing BS. Claiming her emails went to SPAM.
              expect us to believe this.

only way players stood down is if images sent to Tracy Grimshaw

likely scenario nrl will delay until after GF telling the world they are taking this matter most seriously
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Schlong pics aside, this will be an interesting game - like last week, nobody gives dragons a chance - that, and the pressure on the rabbits of sudden death and elimination, may be enough to make this closer than most expect.

If the rabbits are allowed to surrender tackle, walk off the mark, milk penalties out of their end however, then it will be a blow out win to rabbits.

Comment

Im going to this game ......wanna see Souffs cop it up the kyber but I know Saints are pushing shite up hill.Draw extra time draw ....replay tuesday thats my dream. ....If thats stuff still happens well it did in the 70's
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

likely scenario nrl will delay until after GF telling the world they are taking this matter most seriously
                    At least, you'd have to think that this incident would have the NRL hesitate about gifting the Vermin another 2014-style welfare premiership. Or imagine if the Churchill Medal winner was later suspended for his todger display?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

At least, you'd have to think that this incident would have the NRL hesitate about gifting the Vermin another 2014-style welfare premiership. Or imagine if the Churchill Medal winner was later suspended for his todger display?
                      who are the appointed refs charged with managing the result?

Comment

Both the Storm and Souffs have suspect form over the past 6 weeks or so.

Melbourne have been scratchy at best since round 20 and Souffs have won one of their last 5.

I believe the Roosters/Sharks form line is much stronger.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I hope who ever wins is at full strength for the game against the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            I don't wish serious injury on any player; and yet, Damien Cook and Sam Burgess are welcome to pull a hammy this week.
                            All we need is for u to tip Souffs by 40.....and we will be playing saints next week ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              I hope who ever wins is at full strength for the game against the Roosters.
                              I mightn't go this far, but I'm not holding my breath about 'lewd pictures' or hoping the winning team gets lots of players injured and suspended. Whatever happens tonight has nothing to do with us and we can face the winner next week with confidence. If it's a full strength Souths, well bring it on. Either way it will be a packed stadium at Allianz. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

I mightn't go this far, but I'm not holding my breath about 'lewd pictures' or hoping the winning team gets lots of players injured and suspended. Whatever happens tonight has nothing to do with us and we can face the winner next week with confidence. If it's a full strength Souths, well bring it on. Either way it will be a packed stadium at Allianz. Can't wait.
                                I’m praying for extra time, suspensions and season ending injuries to winning team.

you are better sportsman than I, Zac

Comment

Working...
                                X