No announcement yet.

Latrell at 6 next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very unlikely Robbo will make two positional shifts to cover.

I can see an SOS to SOS...don't worry the kid can play. Robbo would have a Plan B for every contingency this year including an injury to Cooper.

We know he can score a "try"!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      Very unlikely Robbo will make two positional shifts to cover.

I can see an SOS to SOS...don't worry the kid can play. Robbo would have a Plan B for every contingency this year including an injury to Cooper.

We know he can score a "try"!
      My only concern with SOS is his defence as Melbourne will run at him all night..

Other than that he has the smarts to his game and great passing and kicking game to do the job..

Look at Melbourne,3 different halfbacks during the year yet get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

If Cooper is out SOS must play Too much pressure on Keary with kicking otherwise
        Agree, we need a back up kicker.
        Latrell as 5/8 wouldn't work as he'd be defending on the wrong side.
        Perhaps hide SOS in the defensive line, Storm will isolate him all game. Or Rads defends in Cronks spot, plays dummy half on the last for Friend to be back up kicker (really to take pressure off Keary more than anything else).

Comment

Latrell can kick. He played 5/8 for a lot of his junior football. He can be an alternative kicker for Keary, and could easily take some of the long kicks coming out of our end ... he has a huge boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
            Latrell can kick. He played 5/8 for a lot of his junior football. He can be an alternative kicker for Keary, and could easily take some of the long kicks coming out of our end ... he has a huge boot.
            The problem with Latrell is that he has not been using it week in week out and is likely to bang a couple out on the full or give away 7 tackle sets, likewise it puts all the pressure on Keary for the short kicking game. At least SOS has been doing all these things on a weekly basis and it doesn't lead to players playing out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
              Agree with this and we should use him in this role more often, he has a massive boot.

Comment

Latrell won't have the legs to sweep right behind the ruck like Keary

SOS is the perfect fit for Cronk

Keary can stay where belongs....feeding the ball out left
                "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

This is a first grade grand final not SG Ball or Jersey Flegg. Laterell is not a half or 5/8
                  Victor Radley maybe God's gift to the Roosters but he is not a half or 5/8 and has played very little time in those positions. Although he belted the crap out of the ST George SG Ball props when playing at #7, but again thats not first grade.
                  Paul Momorovski has played 10x more in the halves that Latrell and victor put together, but I don't think thats the option either.

SOS is the way unless there is a miracle and Cronk plays
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

SOS is the only viable option provided Cooper can’t play..

He is the perfect fit although not sure how he handles himself defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                      This is a first grade grand final not SG Ball or Jersey Flegg. Laterell is not a half or 5/8
                      Victor Radley maybe God's gift to the Roosters but he is not a half or 5/8 and has played very little time in those positions. Although he belted the crap out of the ST George SG Ball props when playing at #7, but again thats not first grade.
                      Paul Momorovski has played 10x more in the halves that Latrell and victor put together, but I don't think thats the option either.

I wasn't suggesting Latrell play 5/8 but I do think we should use his boot in general play to get us out of our own end on occasions as the storm will be putting enormous pressure on Keary's kicking and I'm not a fan of Jake kicking long for us.
                      I know matto is the probable option but I think Radley is a better ball player than him.

Comment

The kicking bit isn't a bad idea, his dropouts are pretty decent
                        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

This.

Comment

As much as it won’t happen, having a running 5/8 in a big gf would work. Just the tactical kicking game being solely with Keary and Friend would create too much pressure against a Bellamy coached side.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                            X