He might have been reading this

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

from Kipling's "If"
    Good one!

Comment

I have had a couple of conversations with some of our younger blokes prior to and since the Grand Final, it was 50/50 on whether they actually looked up too and liked Pearce but it was unanimous that if you wanted a good time Pearce was the man, if you wanted information on how to improve yourself on and off field Cronk is the man.
      Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Did Cronk say he's retiring after the two year deal or are we just assuming as much?

A 3rd season would be oustanding. He'd be 36 for the entirety of the 2020 season so it's not implausible by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          Did Cronk say he's retiring after the two year deal or are we just assuming as much?

A 3rd season would be oustanding. He'd be 36 for the entirety of the 2020 season so it's not implausible by any means.
          The mail I got was he will step aside as soon as he thinks one of our young blokes are ready, with Sully now officially gone ( spoke to him) Lam and Lamb will battle it out, I think he will go one more if he feels it is warranted

Comment

Agree with Thracian, he might even play less than every game next season as a result of the incumbent if it is absolutely his last.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              Good piece, thanks for posting.

Also, well done to Momo. A bit like Toddy Byrne in 2002. Momo helped us beat the Titans which was vital for us to win the MP, and then did really well in the Prelim.

Not sure about Cronk as a Head Coach. If he wants to do it then I'm sure he'll be a success, but he's a unique individual and that's fine when you're earning your keep playing GFs with a broken shoulder, or potting field goals from your own half in SOO, but when you're Head Coach, if you're a bit different, things can be tricky. Think he'd be excellent as an Assistant Coach, but that mightn't be enough for him. I wouldn't be surprised if has a successful non-footy career when he retires. Business would be a good fit, but the guy's kind of a freak and might end up winning the Nobel Prize for Poetry.
              Its debatable who loves him more, Tara or Uncle Nick!

Whether it be Coaching, Director, Board, Cronk ain't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post

Or all of us....severe man love for Cooper!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post

You can never have too much love …

Hope you're right. I mean, ideally I'd love Robbo to be here for the next two decades, producing results that allows that. Would love Cronk to stay on after he goes, and if that's on the Board, while he does whatever else he wants to do, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                    I have had a couple of conversations with some of our younger blokes prior to and since the Grand Final, it was 50/50 on whether they actually looked up too and liked Pearce but it was unanimous that if you wanted a good time Pearce was the man, if you wanted information on how to improve yourself on and off field Cronk is the man.
                    Should be obvious who the fans prefer.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post

Or all of us....severe man love for Cooper!!!!!
                      Yeah exactly. Get in line!

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

You can never have too much love …

Hope you're right. I mean, ideally I'd love Robbo to be here for the next two decades, producing results that allows that. Would love Cronk to stay on after he goes, and if that's on the Board, while he does whatever else he wants to do, that would be great.
                        Yeah I know its everything you want right there.
                        Those two go together like a horse and carriage.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Should be obvious who the fans prefer.
                          lol
                          up up until a week ago many still preferred Pearce, go figure

Comment

I suspect that the question of whether replacing our former halfback was a good idea have been well and truly answered.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
                              up up until a week ago many still preferred Pearce, go figure
                              Cant figure it out.
                              Pearce will never grow up.

Comment

Cooper.........Ritsus??????
                                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                                X