Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooper Cronk future assistant to Robbo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he’s going to do this Harvard business degree, coaching is the furthest thing he’ll want to do. I feel that he’s looking more at the business side along with Politis and Bouris.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
      If he’s going to do this Harvard business degree, coaching is the furthest thing he’ll want to do. I feel that he’s looking more at the business side along with Politis and Bouris.
      Nick might be grooming him to take over the reins when he steps aside

Comment

I think he will be a consultant of some kind. He may not want assistant coach which is a full-time job. If I was him I’d be wanting to spend as much time with Tara as possible .

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          I think he will be a consultant of some kind. He may not want assistant coach which is a full-time job. If I was him I’d be wanting to spend as much time with Tara as possible .
          Agreed. The guy's a multi-millionaire and I doubt any kind of money can make him do anything.

Possibly a side-effect of the new salaries BTW? I'm willing to bet that Joey and JT are pretty well off but would need regular cash injections to stay afloat (e.g. from coaching and media gigs).

Cronk has been on upwards of $1M a year for more than a decade and his wife would be on the same (if not more). They are smart and would made at very least $50-$100M outta investing that by now. Thus, neither can be bought. IMO this will make securing his services long-term extremely difficult because we'll need to think up some really clever value adds for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Nick might be grooming him to take over the reins when he steps aside
            He could well be moving him into the management area. The advantage of Cronk is that there are multiple options. He's much more than a player and he is 100%% with us.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
              If I had to put money on it I would be putting money on your suggestion. Cronk is to smart to be a coach. The business world & media work will be his destiny.

Comment

He seems to have the brains, temperament, people-managing skills, and media-managing skills of the modern day coach.

He could be exclusively a media person, but what a waste of talent that would be!

Obviously he would start as an assistant and then eventually progress to head coach.

I used to be of the opinion that even if a player loved a club, they should go elsewhere to learn their craft and then return at a later date, but Collingwood in the AFL has shown this not to be necessary, as Nathan Buckley the AFL’s 2018 Coach of the Year has demonstrated.

There would be be no better coach to learn off at present than Robbo, so I would love him to start learning the ropes here.
                Uncle Nick has already said he wants Robbo to be our Alex Ferguson (who coached Man U for 27 years), so Robbo may be with us until around 2040!

Cooper will be well and truly ready to take over the reins by then....

Comment

Originally posted by HEGtheROOSTER View Post

Cooper will be well and truly ready to take over the reins by then....
                  With son Lennox as the starting half back.

No doubt he'd good be a good coach if that's what he wants. If he wants to try his hand at other things, I very much hope he keeps some official connection with the club.

Comment

Working...
                  X