Grant Atkins is a disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gragra View Post
    The games momentum swung on Atkins whistle. The never ending supply of 6 agains and penalties to Brisbane took us out of the contest. The 6 agains got the Broncs into position that DIRECTLY led to tries and then the EXTRA defence by us killed our attack. We were right in the contest until Atkins involvement. And what made it worse his nit picked our indiscretions and gave the Broncs free reign to jump early , not get back 10 , sometimes only 7 metres....we were never given a chance in the contest. I doubt even Penrith would beat the Broncs with that refereeing performance against them
    It's worth noting that the ref last week also tried his utmost to get the titans on the board, with many, many completely outrageous downtown leg up penalties and endless 6 agains on our line - but we withstood it.

Previously and up until 2019, we were very often so much better than the opposition we could outlast cheating match officials.

The 6 again era has made it so much easier for NRL and refs to cook the books.

Rugby League as it used to be known ended with our back to back premierships in 2018-19.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

It's worth noting that the ref last week also tried his utmost to get the titans on the board, with many, many completely outrageous downtown leg up penalties and endless 6 agains on our line - but we withstood it.

Previously and up until 2019, we were very often so much better than the opposition we could outlast cheating match officials.

Rugby League as it used to be known ended with our back to back premierships in 2018-19.
      maybe we're just a shit team

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

Maybe a bit of that too.

But not just that.

Comment

I go nowhere near that far, and there is no internal pan to cook the books

That game on Thursday though, we did not get a call go our way. And every single 50/50 or close call went against us.

Comment

Maybe a bit of that too.

But not just that.
            could you imagine if someone said to you preseason newcastle will finish ahead of the roosters ...I would have laughed ....alas

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

That game on Thursday though, we did not get a call go our way. And every single 50/50 or close call went against us.
              Well I do go a bit far, I guess you could call me a pro roosters activist.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

I accept we are nowhere near the capability of our 2018 2019 or 2013 sides . BUT we need to be so much better than our opponents to overcome 'unfair' refereeing. Brisbane are playing better than us obviously, but we were taken completely out of having a chance in the contest by Atkins refereeing. That is what was and is wrong!

Comment

I can always accept when we don't play well. And there were alot of occasions last thursday when we did just that.

But always, every game we are on the back foot with the officiating. Reynolds head slam, the Collins loose carry etc.

Good point to make that before the 6A era we could weather this junk and have faith in the Bondi Wall.

When we get a 6A it's on the first tackle, they get them on the 4th and 5th. Teams lately seem to get bunches of them attacking their opposition's tryline(vlandys direct input for more points in games) yet we get our one set and that's it.

The lack of field position and possession leading to more defense does effect our energies with the ball.

Add on the errors and bad play which every team is subject to and it's just a bridge too far (Victory)

And on top of all that, what do you think it does to our players mindset?

Tough enough game as it is, footy.
                  Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

Why not punish Penrith for their success? Getting bunches of 6As and the ruck isn't even that slow.
                    Formerly Stringaz, from the old Wall!

Comment

SO, the Axis of Evil has a potential fourth member , whats the new name gonna be ?
                      A Quadrilateral of C**ts
                      a Square of Shitheads
                      Boy band of Bastards ?

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Yes we did.

Staggs was definitely onside from their kick.

I was amazed it went our way. Also the commentators were scratching their heads.

Comment

Question should be why can't our coach stamp out this undisciplined play in our game.

It's amazing we've got 3 premierships under Robbo but I guess we had the Bondi Wall to neutralise it.

I don't recall being this undisciplined under Graham Murray Ricky Stuart or Brian Smith.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggspert View Post
                            Question should be why can't our coach stamp out this undisciplined play in our game.

It's amazing we've got 3 premierships under Robbo but I guess we had the Bondi Wall to neutralise it.

I don't recall being this undisciplined under Graham Murray Ricky Stuart or Brian Smith.

Am I wrong?
                            There has been plenty of statistics over the years that we have a substantially more negative penalty count than most other clubs, under numerous coaches.We overcome that issue when we have a vastly superior roster as occurs in our premiership winning years.

Comment

Working...
                            X