Willie mason to quit roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie mason to quit roosters

late new has revealed the front page of the tele crap tommorow.

it says 'mason to quit roosters'

looks like the worst kept secret it officially out.... more to unfold...

We have...

Anthony Cherrington
    Setaimata Sa
    Boyd Cordner
    Tom Symonds
    Mitch Aubusson

...as well as Braith Anasta (if Carney comes he will play lock) and Nick Kouparitsas (who could also make a handy lock). That is plenty of handy backrowers, especially Cherro and Cordner who are SERIOUSLY talented.

I would have liked to kept Shackleton, but Mason is simply not needed. Good riddance.

Comment

your forgetting that man of the hour..... nate myles

imo we should have kept mase for one more year, so that way he would be fully over his knee recon. and have no excuse. if he was as still as useless as he is now then we would def give him the boot.

not a major loss though

Comment

Probably true, but as usual with the Tellucrapp you never know cos theres zero direct quotes from the ACTUAL player in the article. Its really amusing the games owned by the same clowns who own that rag but most involved in the game dont talk to them, on the record at least. But of course they knew Tampon was in the SOO team.

Link: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

Willie Mason all set for Japan rugby move
        EXCLUSIVE by James Phelps | June 16, 2009 12:00am

FIRST it was boxing, then NFL, and now Willie Mason wants to quit the NRL to play rugby union in Japan.
        The controversial career of Mason is poised to fade away in the Land of the Rising Sun with Brad Fittler last week giving the 115kg behemoth permission to negotiate with Japanese rugby clubs.

In a frank discussion at Mason's Eastern Suburbs home, Fittler told the premiership-winning forward he would not stop him from quitting the final year of his contract after learning Japanese rugby clubs are willing to pay him up to $700,000 a year.

"He told Freddy he could earn double what he is currently on in Japan," a Roosters insider said.

"And Freddy said he understood that he needs to make the most of his earning capacity and he said he wouldn't stop him. He told him could leave if he wanted to."

Roosters CEO Steve Noyce last night confirmed the meeting between Mason and Fittler took place last Wednesday night, but said he did not know what transpired inside Mason's multi-million-dollar beachside home.

"I know that Freddy had a meeting with Willie last week," Noyce said.

"I don't really know what happened because Freddy was telling me more about short-term stuff because Willie didn't play last weekend.

"I would be lying if I understood what was happening with the other stuff. The player signed before I got here and it was a three-year deal.

"A contract is a contract and I can't say he won't see it out."

Mason told teammates he would not be at the club next year should his manager Greg Keenan present him with a genuine offer from a Japanese rugby club.

It is believed that Keenan, the mastermind behind former Cronulla player Fraser Anderson's $400,000 deal with Kobe, is in talks with a number of clubs in Japan that have shown strong interest in Mason.

Both Roosters officials and players last night denied Mason was on the outer with the club after rumours that he had fallen foul of Bondi supremo Nick Politis.

Mason last night refused to speculate about his future.

"I don't know about any of that," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"I am just looking forward to ripping in the rest of the year with the Roosters."

Mason dramatically walked out on the Bulldogs 18 months ago to sign with the Roosters after a feud with then Canterbury CEO Malcom Noad.

The former NSW enforcer has recently shown glimpses of the type of form that once had him rated the most destructive forward in the game.

His reign with the Roosters has been hampered by a horror knee injury he suffered late last year.

Last edited by stsae; 06-16-2009, 01:55 AM.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

lol i was just about to post that article

The former NSW enforcer has recently shown glimpses of the type of form that once had him rated the most destructive forward in the game

that bit amuses me the most

Comment

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
            lol i was just about to post that article

The former NSW enforcer has recently shown glimpses of the type of form that once had him rated the most destructive forward in the game

that bit amuses me the most
            LOL, if it was written this time a year ago it might have been a little closer to the mark. Knowing the Tellucrapp maybe it was.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Couldn't care less, I think the club will be the winner either way... if he stays I think he'll recapture his form... if he leaves so be it another 400k free in the salary cap to sign a decent back.

Comment

The sooner he leaves the better.. I personally dont think the Japanese will be stupid enough to sign Willie..

Comment

Mase is a case of just plain bad luck, if he did not have the knee injury, we would have seen the best of him this season.

if he stays then good, if he goes, then put cherro in the side !

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                  To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                  At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                  Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                  The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by r*o*o*s*t*e*r*s View Post
                    your forgetting that man of the hour..... nate myles

imo we should have kept mase for one more year, so that way he would be fully over his knee recon. and have no excuse. if he was as still as useless as he is now then we would def give him the boot.

not a major loss though
                    He was useless last year except for a few games and he had no excuse then. An expensive mistake is so many ways.

Comment

I think the main thing people are disappointed about with Mason is that he hasn't performed like a 400k a season player. He hasn't provided us with any value for money. At half the price, I'm sure many people wouldn't be unhappy about seeing him stay

Although personally, I never wanted him at the club. And I don't care how much we pay him (little or a lot), I will be VERY happy the day I see him walking out the door!

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer86 View Post
                        I think the main thing people are disappointed about with Mason is that he hasn't performed like a 400k a season player. He hasn't provided us with any value for money. At half the price, I'm sure many people wouldn't be unhappy about seeing him stay

Although personally, I never wanted him at the club. And I don't care how much we pay him (little or a lot), I will be VERY happy the day I see him walking out the door!
                        I agree and he certainly has not been value for money. Although I do concede that his injury last year didn't help this year he hasn't shown the desire or leadership I would expect from someone of his experience.

Comment

Willie Masons heart has NEVER been here.. He put in a couple of good games last year but that was it..

I have seen Willie play since the start of 2004 and a big part of his game was revving his teammates up verbally, he used to show a fair bit of passion and aggression..

We never got much from Mason apart from a couple of good games against weak opposition in 2008.. Many have noticed an attitude change from Mason even while he was playing for the Bulldogs in 2007, his form started to slump by mid 2007.. Not a worthwhile investment for us, if we got him in 2005 purely judging on his footballing ability then it may have been worth it..

We got Anasta instead which was ok but probably cost us Soward.. For some of us who followed the lower grades and saw Soward dominate the way he did, it would have been real sweet to see him develop over time here into the player he is today, it would have been a rewarding & worthwhile wait and we would have secured a loyal player that would have stayed for many years..
                          Last edited by redrooster; 06-16-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Thankyou lord. It is about ****ing time !!!!!!!!!!!! I am the happiest person on earth !

Comment

I appologise for the foul language got caught up with the emotions.

Comment

Working...
                              X