No announcement yet.

Willie mason to quit roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares whether Mason is successful at yawnion?

The objective is for someone, anyone to take the overpaid has been off our hands so he's no longer the Roosters' problem but someone elses.

And grab back a hunk of salary cap for 2010 in the process.

No losers here - Mason gets money; Roosters get salary cap dollars. And I end my self imposed ban on Roosters games which began the day the Wanka was signed.

NC
    Last edited by novice chook; 06-19-2009, 02:51 PM.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Worth revisiting!

http://video.msn.com/dw.aspx/?mkt=en...&wa=wsignin1.0

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
        No losers here - Mason gets money; Roosters get salary cap dollars. And I end my self imposed ban on Roosters games which began the day the Wanka was signed.
        NC
        Hey The Crocs will be the losers !!!!

Just kidding and taking another chance to remind everyone what a great thing you are doing sponsoring a Clovelly junior team, until Willie leaves.
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Imadog View Post
          Especially his so called mate SBW. I am never sure what to think about Mason, but I do know that he was shafted well and truly by parts of the Bulldogs and a couple of players, SBW (who Mason took a pay cut to keep) and ??? (who mason took the cocaine heat off of)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
            Especially his so called mate SBW. I am never sure what to think about Mason, but I do know that he was shafted well and truly by parts of the Bulldogs and a couple of players, SBW (who Mason took a pay cut to keep) and ??? (who mason took the cocaine heat off of)
            Look Willie is no angel, let's just get that out of the way. Willie is one of those rare people that life is genuinely 100 miles per hour. He will lead the troops at training, vigorous in the battle, be lead cheerleader then be last one out of the bar when the chairs are on the tables.

Fair to say, he left the 'Dogs for all the wrong reasons and whether that is still an issue for him or not we'll never know.

Noad was / is a deadshit, he was appallingly incompetent and completely inappopriate. If you ever get a chance to talk to a 'Dogs player that was there at the time just ask. It all got a bit too ... umm ... let's just call it strange.

The politics of the situation demanded that Willie make himself as small a target as possible. If he had listened to Patten and Ryan then his choices would have been different. Willie being Willie couldn't let things go. People told him at the time that he had to be patient and that change was in motion.

The up side of all that is, with the loss of those 2 players we have pretty much rebuilt our NRL side. Valuable lessons.

He dumped on our club and for that he will never be forgiven. In his defence, the last 5 (edited) years at the 'Dogs have been an absolute roller coaster for the guy. That will take it's toll, add the fact that he has had a knee reconstruction that will take a physical toll. I am not surprised that he is struggling at the moment.
            Last edited by Imadog; 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Yay finaly, SHOULD HAV GONE LONG TIME AGO

Comment

IMa Dog, agree totally.
                As well as the summation of Noad. I know one or 2 people that were around and some still are that had the opinion that he was tearing the place apart.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X