No announcement yet.

Jake starting with Sam off the bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would leave Jake out,but either way I don't think its crucial to whether we win or not. But if Jake is chosen, I would be bumping Tetevano before Butcher. Nat is the long term future,Tetevano will b gone next year. You have to ask yourself, would Tetevano over Butcher be the difference between us and CBR,I highly doubt it. CBR are not a big pack.

Comment

Hall on bench. Trent’s favourite and most astute selection
      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I'm thinking young Sam will miss out , cant put him on the bench , who would miss out then.

Comment

I'm thinking that Friend was never going to play......but i'm rarely right

Comment

First 20 - 25 mins you want your best defensive side, IF Friend is fit you play him, then with Sam on the bench coming on for last 20 of each half. I think Butcher is the only option to be dropped unfortunately, too many big forwards on bench, we will need speedsters at the back end of the game - and Sam is very good out of dummy half.

Comment

But what if... Keary doesn't last? Mitchell to 5/8, Radley, Maubbs? So we have 2 hookers BUT one of them is a young gun future regular 1st grader with an excellent passing game, keeps his cool and isn't afraid to take on the challenge, it wouldn't surprise me that in an emergency,
              Robbo could tell Sam to go into 5/8... Not sure if he has a long kicking game and how fast he runs but he's not afraid to take on the line. If they both (Jake & Sam) play I'm guessing Robbo has the 2 positions covered if needed... Crazy eh?
              Last edited by ROC181; 10-04-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                Theres one thing about Sammy V in last weeks game last tackle..on their quarter he took the ball up the middle from Dummy Half to knowhere.That was a big no no for me and why Jake must play.That was towards near vthe enf 15 to go or so..I cringed at the time ..Thought dont tell me thats the play that lets em back into the game..but all wa good in the end.

Sam was impersonating Cook from the previous night... I thought it was hilarious...other than that, Sam has done little wrong and if you compare who has done more mistakes in the same amount of continuos games, Jake has a few howlers in his CV...

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

But what happens if he only lasts 25 minutes, and his arm fails?
                  I'd prefer an extra forward on the bench against the Raiders. Either you are 100% sure Jake can play 80 minutes or you're not. This isn't the time to start experimenting with uncertainties.

IMO Friend has been named in order to push Verrills to do his best. If Robbo's got any issues with Verrills' form, he can hook him and put Jake in. Keeps him on edge...

Comment

Friend would have to be able to play close to 80 minutes and if not Raddles would have to fill in thus lessening his Impact on the game - certainly in my view not an option to play two dummy halves - one starting and one on the bench - the bench of Liu or SST/Crighton/Tevy/Butch is the one for Sunday- and Sam V the hooker for 80 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by j.w.pepper View Post
                      First 20 - 25 mins you want your best defensive side, IF Friend is fit you play him, then with Sam on the bench coming on for last 20 of each half. I think Butcher is the only option to be dropped unfortunately, too many big forwards on bench, we will need speedsters at the back end of the game - and Sam is very good out of dummy half.
                      So you want to burn 3 of our interchanges on your hooker rotation? That ain't gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                        Personally I would leave Jake out,but either way I don't think its crucial to whether we win or not. But if Jake is chosen, I would be bumping Tetevano before Butcher. Nat is the long term future,Tetevano will b gone next year. You have to ask yourself, would Tetevano over Butcher be the difference between us and CBR,I highly doubt it. CBR are not a big pack.
                        I understand that Tet has been offered a new one year deal for 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

So you want to burn 3 of our interchanges on your hooker rotation? That ain't gonna happen.
                          No, I only said 1 - Butch. This will be an intense forward battle for the bulk of the game, don't understand why you would have just 4 forwards on the bench, chuck in a speedster.
                          "IF" Jake is selected can he do the whole 80? on such a mammoth day. I'm just saying Sam has been awesome over the last 6 months and he is quick out of dummy half, reminds me a lot of D. Cook.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I understand that Tet has been offered a new one year deal for 2020?
                            Signed with Bulldogs for 3 years I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                              You can’t honestly be thinking the coach would go with one player over another player based on the fact that one or the other may or may not be here next year?

He will go with the best combination to win the game. Tets has played almost every game the last 2 seasons. He is zero chance of not being there.

Comment

Don;t worry -- we won last year against a better team than the Raiders with Cronk making just a few tackles - we got this, whoever plays.
                                There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
                                It's called experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X