Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Article on Robbo

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...d4e862f61e2c23

Actually is a pretty interesting article, which gives a bit more of an insight into our beloved Roosters coach
    EASTS TO WIN!

Fabulous article- finally some decent journalism after all the bitter cheap crap the SMH has coughed up this week.

I think that Robinson was Dux of St Gregs at Campbelltown? Maybe someone can confirm or deny it.

I know the article says he was the youngest coach in "NRL history" at 35 years of age..........Bob Fulton was 32 when he took over as Roosters full-time coach in 1980. Phil Gould was 30 years of age when he coached the Dogs to a premiership. Nathan Brown was 30 when he took as St Georges coach. Can't think of anyone else (not including captain coaches)

Comment

Great to see an article that celebrates the successes of the individuals rather than the tall poppy syndrome full of bitterness and envy in the grand final week which is the pinnacle of the game.

Comment

Great read.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
          Fabulous article- finally some decent journalism after all the bitter cheap crap the SMH has coughed up this week.

I think that Robinson was Dux of St Gregs at Campbelltown? Maybe someone can confirm or deny it.

I know the article says he was the youngest coach in "NRL history" at 35 years of age..........Bob Fulton was 32 when he took over as Roosters full-time coach in 1980. Phil Gould was 30 years of age when he coached the Dogs to a premiership. Nathan Brown was 30 when he took as St Georges coach. Can't think of anyone else (not including captain coaches)
          The press consider NRL history started in 1998. Prior to that it was the NSWRL.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

If they say 'NRL History' they are talking about 'the modern game'. I see nothing wrong with this as guys like Dally M woulda been coach/captain aged 23 or whatever. This is not a fair comparison and nobody alive today would remember such things anyway.

Agree with the vibe though, Fox and Fairfax can go fark themselves.

Comment

Refreshing and insightful.

A rare piece of proper journalism amidst the weeks divisive opinion pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

That’s right! So if we, or should I say when we go back to back, we will be the ONLY team to have ever achieved that in the NRL!!!

Comment

I really enjoyed reading that article. Thank you for sharing .

Comment

WEll written Article. Nice to read a researched article for a change with quotes from the regular gang of muppets
                    Last edited by The Axe; 10-05-2019, 01:30 PM.
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Working...
                    X