No announcement yet.

If the Numbats and the Dingbats got it right the Wombats wouldn't have booed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Numbats and the Dingbats got it right the Wombats wouldn't have booed

On a day that the NRL turned the pinnacle of the season into a farce.

AS fans saw from behind the goals JWH being led to the podium steps as the announcement of the CCM was next and then to only have someone else awarded it.

Why does the NRL get surprised when some responded the way they did.
    Last edited by Frozen Chook; 10-08-2019, 06:09 PM.

Aha they ****ed up and changed their mind last minute as they were still reeling from the result.

Stinking stinky stinkers . It should have been Bmoz

Comment

Hahaha, agree in spades cold one.

Reminds of the old saying 'couldn't run a chook raffle ......' which probably half fits the day.

Go the Might Roosters, Back To Back.

Comment

Interesting that both Canberra former players Meninga and Daley had JWH winning it and it was only Lockyer that got Wrighton over line.
        Personally I have no problem with Wrighton winning it as I believe it is hard to argue he was not the best on ground.
        What I do have a problem with is Laurie Daley representing a betting agency before the game backing Wrighton to win the CC. Surely the NRL can see this is a blatant conflict of interest.
        Gambling is a scourge on society and I hate that my latest easts jersey has a huge UNIBET on the back.

PTB

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
          Interesting that both Canberra former players Meninga and Daley had JWH winning it and it was only Lockyer that got Wrighton over line.
          Personally I have no problem with Wrighton winning it as I believe it is hard to argue he was not the best on ground.
          What I do have a problem with is Laurie Daley representing a betting agency before the game backing Wrighton to win the CC. Surely the NRL can see this is a blatant conflict of interest.
          Gambling is a scourge on society and I hate that my latest easts jersey has a huge UNIBET on the back.

PTB
          Cant agree more. I think you know where I stand on the issue. Its the cancer in any sport that allows its interest.
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

PTB
            How does the actual voting work then if it was a supposed 2 to 1 on favour of JWH? Is it 3-2-1 like dally m?

Comment

thats why o no longer ever bet on sport i did win a bit with our 2013 win but never betted since, its just inviting corruption into the sport, too much money involved!

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

How does the actual voting work then if it was a supposed 2 to 1 on favour of JWH? Is it 3-2-1 like dally m?
                I'm not sure but I am lead to believe it is a 3-2-1 points system...

So what I meant was that the points from Meninga and Daley had JWH in the lead before receiving Lockyers votes..
                Last edited by Pass the Ball; 10-08-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

"We are Wombats....winning ones!".

Sign for the Chookpen next year please...with a caricature pic of the furry critter.

Comment

I'm not sure but I am lead to believe it is a 3-2-1 points system...
                    I struggled with the maths on this one if Daley and Menings had JWH on 6 with Wighton on 4 so Lockyer gave Wighton 3 and JWH not getting a point?

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Cant agree more. I think you know where I stand on the issue. Its the cancer in any sport that allows its interest.
                      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

I struggled with the maths on this one if Daley and Menings had JWH on 6 with Wighton on 4 so Lockyer gave Wighton 3 and JWH not getting a point?
                        I'm guessing so which is very possible. I think I had Cords 3 Bmoz 2 and Lattrell 1, for instance. So many good players on the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

They made it up as they went along Just like the Canberra players have after the game saying they didnt see or hear Cummins call last tackle after two of their players threw desperation passes that are thrown on the last
                          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

More like trying to placitate faiders for wrongly thinking the were ripped of in the gf by giving them a consolation prize

Comment

Working...
                            X