Make sure Souffs pay for Latrell / Norths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure Souffs pay for Latrell / Norths

So how did it all come to this? , we lose a once a generation player, and to f****ing Souffs ! Fark me !

Roosters management make sure Souffs pay for his release. If they don't pay he stays, and at Norths if necessary.

Originally posted by 74 Rooster View Post
    So how did it all come to this? , we lose a once a generation player, and to f****ing Souffs ! Fark me !

Roosters management make sure Souffs pay for his release. If they don't pay he stays, and at Norths if necessary.
    Imagine we win the comp again with Latrell in reserve grade!

Wouldn't get any sweeter than that
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Uncle nick and Russell Crowe have the upmost respect for each other, and uncle nick would won’t nothing more than Souths winning the comp if the roosters can’t. There is no other reason for letting latrell leave a year early to Souths.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
        Uncle nick and Russell Crowe have the upmost respect for each other, and uncle nick would won’t nothing more than Souths winning the comp if the roosters can’t. There is no other reason for letting latrell leave a year early to Souths.
        Salary cap management is one very very good reason.

Comment

Trouble , hard to handle another lol vermin

Comment

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mitchel...7-15d1a9c93d72

Comment

Originally posted by 74 Rooster View Post

As if a player of Latrells talent would play 2nd grade & as if the Roosters would want a media circus following Latrell around playing 2nd grade for a year. Souths are the right fit for him because his idol is Cody Walker who I think will kill it with Latrell playing at Souths. The Roosters could have made him stay but they/Nick don’t want him anywhere near the joint & said they will chip in towards his contract to get rid of him.

Comment

I'd just like to gloat for a moment that i predicted this happening......

10-24-2019, 07:21 PM

Agree with the Latrell to fullback elsewhere sentiment - I've had that feeling for almost a year now. It's a matter of when not if imo.

He ain't got a chance of maximising his pay packet with us because of Teddy.

If the toothless ones somehow manage to get Sammy B medically retired, they'll have big cash spare and with Latrell they'll have their Inglis replacement.

Cant say I want it to happen, but all the dots line up
                Bottom line is, with South he can play fullback and with us having the best player in the world (Tedy) in that position, he can't.

Bottom line is, you can't get $1 Million + a year playing centre.

It's a shame. What i am disappointed in is the leeches and parasites that Latrell has let into his entourage. Those cnuts are cancer and he should shake them off for his own benefit.

Comment

The Roosters hold the cards now.
                  We can insist on a payout from Souffs, or we could do a trade of sorts to enable the move to Souffs.
                  Are there any Souffs players we want ? , up and coming juniors perhaps ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

As if a player of Latrells talent would play 2nd grade & as if the Roosters would want a media circus following Latrell around playing 2nd grade for a year. Souths are the right fit for him because his idol is Cody Walker who I think will kill it with Latrell playing at Souths. The Roosters could have made him stay but they/Nick don’t want him anywhere near the joint & said they will chip in towards his contract to get rid of him.
                    But he wants to play fullback. Imagine Latrell having to turn around and bring the ball every time ala Teddy when the other team kicks on their 6th, he’ll be gassed after 2-3 times! And if he goes to left centre, we’ve seen how Walker and Latrell did at SOO. Plus for the kangaroos and without Keary, he was lost. Sure he might score a great try or two this year, but he won’t be anywhere as good as he’s been for us. Mickie you can try and be as objective against the Roosters fans as much as you like but you’re not being a realist. Well for this season that is. It might improve next year or after that, but that’s not a given because their current pack won’t give them the room that JWH, SST and co gave our backline. He’s going to have to stop going awol and really work his butt off for the 25 rounds and from what we’ve seen with us, the evidence is not there. Also, Walker is off with the fairies too, far too often and being that he’s nearly over the 30s, he won’t have the engine like a Cronk. So be reasonable with your ‘objectivity’ otherwise it just sounds like you do it just to say anything against the fans here.

Comment

From DT

The long-running saga over Latrell Mitchell’s NRL future has reportedly ended with the representative centre signing a cut-price deal with South Sydney.

Mitchell’s future has been up in air for several weeks despite the 22-year-old being under contract with the Sydney Roosters for 2020.

The NRL premiers granted Mitchell leave before the start of their pre-season training and it appears the Kangaroos and NSW representative has played his last game for the Roosters with Souths winning the race for his signature.

The Rabbitohs had tabled a one-year deal worth $400,000 to Mitchell but it’s unclear if Gold Coast’s reluctance to allow forward Jai Arrow to join Souths in 2020 has allowed the Redfern-based club to increase their offer. Before any announcement is made official, Mitchell’s move needs ratifying by the NRL’s salary cap auditor Richard Gardham.

The Roosters are also expected to ask for the $116,000 they have paid Mitchell since November to be returned to them, the Sydney Morning Herald reports, in another stumbling block to the move.

Gardham will use the earnings of every player in the competition to determine Mitchell’s market value with the Souths deal far less than the reported $1 million per season he was offered by Wests Tigers and a withdrawn $800,000 per year deal from the Roosters.

The Roosters are also expected to ask for the $116,000

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Salary cap management is one very very good reason.
                        Yep I’m having a dig, but this years cap won’t change and latrell is already included in that, I just find it hard to believe we would let him walk to our rivals, with barely any benefit to us at all, no player deal, no payments for the last 3 months. It’s hard to believe that there is a hatred to Souths when we hand them one of the superstars in the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

But he wants to play fullback. Imagine Latrell having to turn around and bring the ball every time ala Teddy when the other team kicks on their 6th, he’ll be gassed after 2-3 times! And if he goes to left centre, we’ve seen how Walker and Latrell did at SOO. Plus for the kangaroos and without Keary, he was lost. Sure he might score a great try or two this year, but he won’t be anywhere as good as he’s been for us. Mickie you can try and be as objective against the Roosters fans as much as you like but you’re not being a realist. Well for this season that is. It might improve next year or after that, but that’s not a given because their current pack won’t give them the room that JWH, SST and co gave our backline. He’s going to have to stop going awol and really work his butt off for the 25 rounds and from what we’ve seen with us, the evidence is not there. Also, Walker is off with the fairies too, far too often and being that he’s nearly over the 30s, he won’t have the engine like a Cronk. So be reasonable with your ‘objectivity’ otherwise it just sounds like you do it just to say anything against the fans here.
                          I just can’t wait for Rd 3 & I hope you come down to Sydney for it.
                          Go the MIGHTY ROOSTERS.
                          Im actually on a funeral as we speak in Vaucluse & both Luke Ricketson & Laurie Daley are in attendance. I could only briefly bring up the Latrell to Souths thing but funny enough they both agreed that Latrell is best of at Souths & gone from the Roosters. Ricko is a board member. His comment was it was all to hard with Latrell.

Comment

Yep I’m having a dig, but this years cap won’t change and latrell is already included in that, I just find it hard to believe we would let him walk to our rivals, with barely any benefit to us at all, no player deal, no payments for the last 3 months. It’s hard to believe that there is a hatred to Souths when we hand them one of the superstars in the competition.
                            The salary cap can 100% change.

1 example of a possible outcome would be;

Assuming Latrell is on 550k

- We have paid him 3 months already so that's a cost of ~135k.
                            - We have to replace his spot in the squad so imagining we do that with a minimum salary promotion such as Kepoa that will cost us 105k

That leaves us with roughly 310k.

So imagine we go to someone like Nat Butcher with a new 3year deal. 900k over 3 years. 2021-2024.

But instead of paying him 300k a year we will pay him 300k of that 900k this year and then 200k as his salary for the next 3 years.

Meaning in 2024 we are still getting a 100k discount on Nat Butcher because 4 years prior we made a smart operational decision to let Latrell Mitchell go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

The salary cap can 100% change.

1 example of a possible outcome would be;

Assuming Latrell is on 550k

- We have paid him 3 months already so that's a cost of ~135k.
                              - We have to replace his spot in the squad so imagining we do that with a minimum salary promotion such as Kepoa that will cost us 105k

That leaves us with roughly 310k.

So imagine we go to someone like Nat Butcher with a new 3year deal. 900k over 3 years. 2021-2024.

But instead of paying him 300k a year we will pay him 300k of that 900k this year and then 200k as his salary for the next 3 years.

Meaning in 2024 we are still getting a 100k discount on Nat Butcher because 4 years prior we made a smart operational decision to let Latrell Mitchell go.
                              Again, I see the rationale in a club perspective, but you would have to think they wouldn’t want to think latrell has shat on us, and Souths are laughing too. Double whammy to take for all roosters.

Comment

Working...
                              X