• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell Souths Dramas

Let the dramas begin

The Whistler

Feb 29 2020
    ALL is not going as smoothly as South Sydney have hoped with the Latrell Mitchell signing as we close in on the start of the new season.

The controversial Mitchell joined the Bunnies in a blaze of publicity over the summer after falling out with the Roosters.

The talented utility back had a mixed debut for the Rabbitohs against the Dragons in the Charity Shield last weekend.

Mitchell set up a try for Campbell Graham with his opening touch in his new position at fullback but then was caught out of position a couple of times and made a bad error under the high ball.

But it is off the field that I am hearing things are a little strained.

Mitchell liked to do things HIS way at the Roosters - and it was that attitude that saw him fall out with Coach Trent Robinson and his team-mates.

And Souths players I know tell me he has brought that same mindset to the Bunnies… and it hasn’t gone down well.

There’s been no blazing rows or fisticuffs, nothing that dramatic, but Souths players are a little wary of their new signing.

Wayne Bennett’s greatest strength is his man-management skills, and hopefully he will see the danger signs and get the youngster to realise there is no ‘I’ in ’TEAM’ and get all his players pulling in the same direction.

ads
    The Whistler

We're going to whistle the good and not so good about Rugby League. All the news, our views, we'll be blowing the whistle and having some fun.
Working...
X