Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
    60 minutes as so called expert said if we don't act the death rate in Australia could be as high as 100000 , bloody lot of people I agree but that's less than 1/2 % of our 25mil population .
    he said 60 mil worldwide would die , again that's less than 3/4 % of the 7.8 billion worldwide .
    That to me does seem to be an over reaction
    unless you or a family member are one of them.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

60 minutes as so called expert said if we don't act the death rate in Australia could be as high as 100000 , bloody lot of people I agree but that's less than 1/2 % of our 25mil population .
      he said 60 mil worldwide would die , again that's less than 3/4 % of the 7.8 billion worldwide .
      Considering....just over 158,000 have contracted it worldwide...and almost 76,000 have fully recovered....and 5800 have died...

What do you reckon?

​​​​​​​Be alert but not alarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Considering....just over 158,000 have contracted it worldwide...and almost 76,000 have fully recovered....and 5800 have died...

What do you reckon?

​​​​​​​Be alert but not alarmed.
        Yep Jack , I truly believe they are over quoting and over reacting , bit please don't tell anyone because they tend to take different opinions to there's badly

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

unless you or a family member are one of them.
          Of course that would be terrible but my opinion stands , if that is the true death rate then we are over reacting

Comment

• Cameron Smith said he and his team preferred a postponement of the comp due to travelling where they are exposed at airports and on planes. They are worried about spreading it to their families. It is a serious concern I agree.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Dr V...Maybe a stumble, thinking of the next word.
              Even the best public speakers stumble sometimes.

Mr Joyce is "Irish", Irish accent.

Dr Peter V'landys is an Australian horse racing administrator and immunologist.. He is the chief executive and a board member of Racing New South Wales (Racing NSW) as well as the chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission.

Equine influenza outbreak

In mid-2007, the racing industry was brought to a standstill as a result of an outbreak of equine influenza. New South Wales was the worst affected state with all racing cancelled and the movement of all horses prohibited indefinitely.

V'landys assumed responsibility for the overall co-ordination of the industry's response to this crisis, and developed and implemented contingency plans to counter the effects of the outbreak, including negotiating a $235 million rescue package.

He also lobbied NSW ministers for the provision of further financial assistance which resulted in the provision of a $7.5 million grants scheme and the establishment of a special mortgage deferment scheme and a further one-off grant to help promote the industry following the resumption of normal racing activities.

#####

In Dr V we trust.
              I agree with this NRL is lucky to have not only such a skilled administrator but also a skilled negotiator running the show right now.
              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

100,000 in Australia
                60 million in the world

And its an overreaction?????

How many people died in 9/11 3 or 4k? And the world reacted and rightly so.

How many died in WW2 , not even 60m???

This is serious, someone in your family or someone's family you know will lose a loved one or at least have someone fighting for their life in ICU and hopefully we have enough beds for those who need ICU.

Saw some figures tonight predicting up to 15 million Australians could contract the virus and 5 percent will need ICU, i.e. 75,000 Australians and we have 2,000 ICU beds, but I guess we should just carry on and go to the footy etc. They are just trying to lower the rate of the spread of the Coronavirus so that people who need the really life saving care will have access to it.
                Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 03-15-2020, 10:05 PM.
                Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

• Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

100,000 in Australia
                  60 million in the world

And its an overreaction?????

How many people died in 9/11 3 or 4k? And the world reacted and rightly so.

How many died in WW2 , not even 60m???

This is serious, someone in your family or someone's family you know will lose a loved one or at least have someone fighting for their life in ICU and hopefully we have enough beds for those who need ICU.

Saw some figures tonight predicting up to 15 million Australians could contract the virus and 5 percent will need ICU, i.e. 75,000 Australians and we have 2,000 ICU beds, but I guess we should just carry on and go to the footy etc. They are just trying to lower the rate of the spread of the Coronavirus so that people who need the really life saving care will have access to it.
                  Here we go , as stated in my opinion to have a death toll of 1/2 % in Australia and 3/4 % worldwide as stated by the experts is not worth shutting the world down .
                  Its not about me loosing or not loosing people , its about the effect that the social and economic effect it will have on my children and Australia's children for decades to come .
                  The toll on society caused by extra unemployment , depression, suicide and people turning to drugs to forget how badly there lives have turn to crap will cost us more than the lives lost from the virus.
                  You can call me whatever you want , but I'm a realist , perhaps some should look at the long term effect of there actions instead of short term gain.
                  I'm not suggesting they don't try and slow it , stop people coming in , I'm all for that , should have done that from the start ,but stopping people going to the footy or concerts , wont slow it , what about the movies , malls , Bunnings .anywhere we go .

Comment

• Not sure there are a lot of economic benefits from losing 100 000 people.

Comment

• 25,000 people die every week in road accidents, how come we haven't banned cars? 160,000 die every week from tobacco smoking, 25000 of those deaths are from exposure to second hand smoke, why don't we ban smoking and stop smokers from entering the country? If this corona virus is as bad as the epidemic in 2009 then up to 1 billion people will be infected and 500,000 will die. If that converts to Australia then maybe 4 million will be infected and 20,000 will die, one tenth of one percent.

Comment

You sound like the. Authorities in Italy a few weeks ago.

A.fair percentage of that 60 million is on top of all the other deaths you and your best mate the flog from Norfolk Street are banging on about.

100,000 deaths plus another 500,000 in intensive care will be great for the economy too.
                        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                          25,000 people die every week in road accidents, how come we haven't banned cars? 160,000 die every week from tobacco smoking, 25000 of those deaths are from exposure to second hand smoke, why don't we ban smoking and stop smokers from entering the country? If this corona virus is as bad as the epidemic in 2009 then up to 1 billion people will be infected and 500,000 will die. If that converts to Australia then maybe 4 million will be infected and 20,000 will die, one tenth of one percent.
                          A lot of the tobacco smoking deaths are preventable but many flogs still choose to smoke and die and kill others.

We can talk about ice, guns in America etc, would love to stop that but this virus will be in top of those deaths so with everything you talk about 1 percent here, half a percent there, then you probably have a 20 percent chance of dying next year. I prefer if it was a bit less.....
                          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Wonder how you go if we get overloaded with hospital cases and we say the cut off age is 65 man?

Just sayin.
                            Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post

Wonder how you go if we get overloaded with hospital cases and we say the cut off age is 65 man?

Just sayin.
                              57 year old non smoker , moderate drinker , eat well , good weight ill take my chances
                              Not a fate obese lazy smoking , alchol guzzling , Maccas eating sofa sitting slob , what about you
                              Just Sayin

Comment

• The NRL have a policy that if any player tests positive to corona virus, his whole team has to go into 2 week isolation, PLUS everyone in the team they played in the last week. If this thinking is applied to every business the world might as well shut down. Really? The idiots are running the asylum.

Five Australians have died from Corona virus, they were aged 77, 78, 82, 90 and 95. Close the country down immediately.
                                Looks like we will have to isolate all footy players over 75. Cam Smith is on the watchlist.

Comment

Working...
                                X