Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

You sound like the. Authorities in Italy a few weeks ago.

A.fair percentage of that 60 million is on top of all the other deaths you and your best mate the flog from Norfolk Street are banging on about.

100,000 deaths plus another 500,000 in intensive care will be great for the economy too.
    If its economy you want to talk about , then if we loose 1/2 % of the population which is roughly 100000 yes its bad , but if we force ourselves into recession and have unemployment at 10% that's worse. Remember for every action there is a reaction

Comment

A.fair percentage of that 60 million is on top of all the other deaths you and your best mate the flog from Norfolk Street are banging on about.

100,000 deaths plus another 500,000 in intensive care will be great for the economy too.
      So you resort to name calling because people don't agree with you , good on you sir , no wonder I and other ark up at your dribble. I actually don't agree with much that Norfolk says on other topics but on the flu topic I think he has many valid points

Comment

How about you quoting some FACTS instead of insults. My figures are FACTS, Do us all a favor and lock yourself up, wrap yourself in toilet paper and get a tinfoil helmet, and keep flogging away.

Comment

• Couple more facts.
          2 more Aussie deaths - 77 and 90 yo. 5 in total. Others were 95, 82, 78.

Average age of Italians who died from Corona: 81yo

Pre existing condition also more susceptible eg diabetes, coronary condition, respiratory condition - these can be age related as well. Ie older you are, greater chance of getting condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Here we go , as stated in my opinion to have a death toll of 1/2 % in Australia and 3/4 % worldwide as stated by the experts is not worth shutting the world down .
            Its not about me loosing or not loosing people , its about the effect that the social and economic effect it will have on my children and Australia's children for decades to come .
            The toll on society caused by extra unemployment , depression, suicide and people turning to drugs to forget how badly there lives have turn to crap will cost us more than the lives lost from the virus.
            You can call me whatever you want , but I'm a realist , perhaps some should look at the long term effect of there actions instead of short term gain.
            I'm not suggesting they don't try and slow it , stop people coming in , I'm all for that , should have done that from the start ,but stopping people going to the footy or concerts , wont slow it , what about the movies , malls , Bunnings .anywhere we go .

It's already been proven, stopping large gatherings has slowed the spread down in other country's. We can control large gatherings in australia alot easier than china one would think, so I think let's maybe listen to the experts on this . We have the advantage of being able to learn from other country's mistakes.

Comment

• Some news of hope....first cases detected in China Dec last year. No new cases reported there in the past 20 days. They seem to be getting on top of it, albeit with some extreme measures. Unsurprisingly medical staff themselves are at high risk and sadly some have died there.

Trust our authorities.
              Don't be dumb.
              Be kind to others.

Be alert but not alarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

It's already been proven, stopping large gatherings has slowed the spread down in other country's. We can control large gatherings in australia alot easier than china one would think, so I think let's maybe listen to the experts on this . We have the advantage of being able to learn from other country's mistakes.
                I should maybe have said while I agree with stopping large gatherings , unless you stop the smaller ones it will have a lesser effect, it will still happen , just a more drawn out situation which in turn will cause massive problems , there is issues either way ,. Just depends on who and what you believe and who you think are the so called experts

Comment

I should maybe have said while I agree with stopping large gatherings , unless you stop the smaller ones it will have a lesser effect, it will still happen , just a more drawn out situation which in turn will cause massive problems , there is issues either way ,. Just depends on who and what you believe and who you think are the so called experts
                  Yeah, we need to find the right balance.

One advantage of having the more drawn out situation is that there will be no danger to essential services, the food supply chain etc. We'd probably get through anyway, but it's much easier if we can keep things as normal as poss.

In a democracy you can't really go the full lock down. And people need to work to feed themselves etc.

And as JFC said: Be kind to others.

When it comes to Aussie decency, let's show em what we've got.

Comment

• According to the Players Association chief guy...players are extremely worried about
                    flying around to venues to keep the comp going...catching the virus...and giving it to their babies, toddlers, children, wives.
                    Players are free to leave the comp at any time, they don't have to stay under the circumstances.
                    Baby Keary for example.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

Yeah, we need to find the right balance.

One advantage of having the more drawn out situation is that there will be no danger to essential services, the food supply chain etc. We'd probably get through anyway, but it's much easier if we can keep things as normal as poss.

In a democracy you can't really go the full lock down. And people need to work to feed themselves etc.

And as JFC said: Be kind to others.

When it comes to Aussie decency, let's show em what we've got.
                      Great post , a level headed approach is what's needed

Comment

• Woolworths have reacted to the panic buying that has disadvantaged elderly shoppers.

From tomorrow the hour of 7am-8am will be only open to elderly or disabled customers.

I have made a few toilet paper jokes (and may have more) but there have been some people really buggered up by this rubbish.

Well done Woolies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          Woolworths have reacted to the panic buying that has disadvantaged elderly shoppers.

From tomorrow the hour of 7am-8am will be only open to elderly or disabled customers.

I have made a few toilet paper jokes (and may have more) but there have been some people really buggered up by this rubbish.

Well done Woolies!
                          Agree , smart move ,

Comment

Some news of hope....first cases detected in China Dec last year. No new cases reported there in the past 20 days. They seem to be getting on top of it, albeit with some extreme measures. Unsurprisingly medical staff themselves are at high risk and sadly some have died there.

Trust our authorities.
                            Don't be dumb.
                            Be kind to others.

While being from a medical family has me not freaking out over Covid-19, I would not trust one word coming out of China regarding anything.

Comment

57 year old non smoker , moderate drinker , eat well , good weight ill take my chances
                              Not a fate obese lazy smoking , alchol guzzling , Maccas eating sofa sitting slob , what about you
                              Just Sayin
                              Neither am I.

A fair bit younger than you, I don't drink, don't smoke apart from the odd wacky one once or twice a year lol. I gym 4 days a week, run and surf on most other days.

My Mom is in a danger group and I have a nephew who has compromised immunity.

Take care man, this shit will get quite real.
                              Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Some news of hope....first cases detected in China Dec last year. No new cases reported there in the past 20 days. They seem to be getting on top of it, albeit with some extreme measures. Unsurprisingly medical staff themselves are at high risk and sadly some have died there.

Trust our authorities.
                                Don't be dumb.
                                Be kind to others.

I'm sure they probably are on a downward trend due to really extreme measures but not sure China is to be trusted with their stats, my man Jack.
                                Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Working...
                                X