Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post

I'm sure they probably are on a downward trend due to really extreme measures but not sure China is to be trusted with their stats, my man Jack.
    20 new cases in China yesterday. Please do not believe any statistics coming out of China. Don't forgot their initial reaction in Wuhan was denial and punishment for those who spoke out.

The NRL are truly a bunch of idiots not suspending the season already.

Comment

• Also you guys living in denial about this virus, I think it is time you stop comparing this to to a flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post

I'm sure they probably are on a downward trend due to really extreme measures but not sure China is to be trusted with their stats, my man Jack.
        That was from someone actually living there, not from "official" stats that others may be quoting. I agree don't trust them.

However....it's important people have some positivity for the future. Panic of people is as big a danger as a virus.

Be alert but not alarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

That was from someone actually living there, not from "official" stats that others may be quoting. I agree don't trust them.

However....it's important people have some positivity for the future. Panic of people is as big a danger as a virus.

Be alert but not alarmed.
          100 % agree we should remain positive. And there still may be time for us in Australia to stop this getting really bad.

Have a look at this article that demonstrates very nicely how important this "social distancing" practice is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ator/?itid=sf_

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

100 % agree we should remain positive. And there still may be time for us in Australia to stop this getting really bad.

Have a look at this article that demonstrates very nicely how important this "social distancing" practice is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ator/?itid=sf_
            Yeah I get that mate and quite likely we will experience a progression of increased distancing and isolation, lockouts etc. here for a period.

I trust our Government and officials to make the right decisions at the right time. We aren't China or Italy but can learn some things from their experiences.

Comment

• Some players and clubs feel uncomfortable with travel and staying in Australia so why not just suspend round one?
              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• If I get the virus I would likely die...so I'm staying home.
                I took a big risk today, left my home to go to the hairdresser, she was less than a metre away from me for more than 15 minutes.
                That breaks the "social distance" rule.
                I should not have done it...should've let my hair grow until Feb 2021 or until there's a vaccine.
                Oh well, it's too late now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

If I get the virus I would likely die...so I'm staying home.
                  I took a big risk today, left my home to go to the hairdresser, she was less than a metre away from me for more than 15 minutes.
                  I should not have done it...should've let my hair grow until Feb 2021 or until there's a vaccine.
                  Is that what you call a bad hair day?

Comment

• All the talk that the virus is contained in China and Asia in general are not true. I went back to work last week for 2 days only. This week I am also only working 2 days. For a lot of people near me we have dealing with this situation for a while now. I broke for Chinese New Year on 19/1 and since then schools and universities have suspended classes. They are currently cancelled until 20/4 pending further assessment at that time. A lot of people have not moved around much since January and this has helped to contain the virus. Still there are about 5 new cases in my area every day. In my opinion the cases are likely to spike again once we all return to normal. But I'm not a medical professional and like most people am just doing my best. All recreational activities are canceled, we can't go to restaurants and not wearing a mask could get you beaten by an angry mob.

We had the great toilet paper and grocery shortage but after a couple of weeks it returned to normal. We can now shop more or less as normal. People are nervous and the economic impact is certainly being felt by many. I'm lucky as I am having a paid Coronavirus vacation but for those with no income and minimal savings, a whole new world of hurt has begun.

Over the past week I have thought a lot about the economic impact the viirus will bring.

Comment

Wear a mask.

Comment

Latrell has left. Is there any point in life?

Comment

• There is no way the Warriors are going to spend the next 6 months away from their families.

Comment

Don't know your specific medical condition but most people in their early 70s who get it will survive I've read. Figures suggest people in their 80s have a 1 in 5 chance of dying from it if they get it so even if you have diabetes, asthma and high blood pressure you probably wouldn't be much worse than a 1 in 5 chance of dying. I appreciate that's a real risk but even if you get it you will probably be around for a while yet.

Comment

• I was just listening to Greenburg's press conference. I think he is tripping balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                                I was just listening to Greenburg's press conference. I think he is tripping balls.
                                His new beard is an apt metaphor for what he was saying. It looks stupid and doesn't compensate for the fact he's got nothing on top.

Comment

Working...
                                X