Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Anyone hear this weekends game is now at Leichhardt Oval?
    Yes.

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...ichhardt-oval/

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
      Today on the tv new was shown a nice lady, blind/unsighted, with a guide dog.
      She went shopping at the supermarket, bought some in demand items, put them in her trolley...and "my fellow Australians" 'stole' them out of her trolley and took them for themselves..

Yes, that's what Australia has come to...'robbing' blind ladies at the supermarket.
      Bloody shocking but prepare for it to get a lot worse , people being told not to panic whilst being told to prepare for a shutdown, told they may have.to live like this for 6 months , restraunts may be forced to close , told schools may close What did people think stupid people who hoard shit paper would react like

Comment

• after watching 360 tonight I am going to applaud the Nrl for continuing the comp. Kent and rothfield are correct the players are unlikely to be significantly affected ( they may catch it, unlikely they'll die from it) Australia is not in the situation as Europe 're the virus. things may change and most probably will , but for now kids are attending school , guys play footy . bravo I say.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
          after watching 360 tonight I am going to applaud the Nrl for continuing the comp. Kent and rothfield are correct the players are unlikely to be significantly affected ( they may catch it, unlikely they'll die from it) Australia is not in the situation as Europe 're the virus. things may change and most probably will , but for now kids are attending school , guys play footy . bravo I say.
          Agreed , also what are others opinions on the government helping the NRL and other sports out financially though this , at first I thought no but aren't the just a business like any other , if they do start supporting some business shouldn't they support all ,

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Bloody shocking but prepare for it to get a lot worse , people being told not to panic whilst being told to prepare for a shutdown, told they may have.to live like this for 6 months , restraunts may be forced to close , told schools may close What did people think stupid people who hoard shit paper would react like
            I hate to say it, but generally low iq individuals ,( not quoting a particular us president there ) in my
            experience are the kind who panic / over react - watch the news and react , despite tomorrow it might be different , I'm not lying, I work with some of these people. .2012 Mayan calendar ? 2020 corona virus? people bringing an unloaded gun to work to sell to another employee and people freaking out ( I was neither seller nor buyer ) but yep craziness ...btw these are generally good, well intentioned people but by God are they dumb.

Comment

I hate to say it, but generally low iq individuals ,( not quoting a particular us president there ) in my
              experience are the kind who panic / over react - watch the news and react , despite tomorrow it might be different , I'm not lying, I work with some of these people. .2012 Mayan calendar ? 2020 corona virus? people bringing an unloaded gun to work to sell to another employee and people freaking out ( I was neither seller nor buyer ) but yep craziness ...btw these are generally good, well intentioned people but by God are they dumb.
              Was the gun thing here in Australia , if so that's scary , on a side note the young bloke who got done for terrorism here on the south coast today was a son of a bloke at our work , so yes stupid people everywhere and they shouldn't have weapons

Comment

I get you Matty.

Add some unscrupulous (or possibly dumb too) media to dumb people and it's a very dangerous cocktail.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                  Today on the tv new was shown a nice lady, blind/unsighted, with a guide dog.
                  She went shopping at the supermarket, bought some in demand items, put them in her trolley...and "my fellow Australians" 'stole' them out of her trolley and took them for themselves..

Yes, that's what Australia has come to...'robbing' blind ladies at the supermarket.
                  Disgraceful. The selfish idiotic behaviour of some shoppers lately has been truly embarrassing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    Anyone hear this weekends game is now at Leichhardt Oval?
                    that's good, I prefer Leichhardt to central coast. So much easier to not get to !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

that's good, I prefer Leichhardt to central coast. So much easier to not get to !
                      Brilliant...my belly laugh for tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

V'Landys killed it even when he was involved as an administrator with the 'Red Hots'
                        He was the GM of Harold Park at a time when i was a owner/breeder in the industry.....so i got some first hand knowledge.

What he did was spend around 500k upgrading facilities - especially in the area of dining. There was this high end buffet with nice indoor seating areas that overlooked the track. He also had cheap end meals- if i remember correctly they were $5. His idea was that the industry needed to attract high end participants with the potential of increasing betting turnover (including on course pokies) and invest money in owning horses. A lot of the trainers and participants were leaving the industry because the prize money at the bottom end wasnt sustainable for them to continue....so when he threw money into these upgrades he copped plenty of flak because there was little money at the grassroots. Quite simply he was putting lipstick on a pig.

Fast forward and attendances were up greatly for a while....but when then they started to drop Harold Park waived the white flag & retreated. Vlandy's moved on & left behind a industry that was ready to haemorrhage. The new management sold off its only asset-Harold Park paceway- because they were broke and getting more and more into the red. The move to Menangle has resulted in betting turnover actually getting worse and worse .......and now Harness racing in NSW is terminal.

So sorry for putting you through my boring post but if i said bullshit to Vlandys "killing it at the Red Hots" it wouldnt be fair without an explanation.

Comment

• In LA there lining up to buy guns.
                          Don't bring loo paper to a gun fight I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                            In LA there lining up to buy guns.
                            Don't bring loo paper to a gun fight I guess
                            that says more about the us gun laws and mentality then anything else, same as Australians buying toilet paper first before anything else....you won't need that paper much with nothing to eat

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                              Also you guys living in denial about this virus, I think it is time you stop comparing this to to a flu.
                              Yep. Anyone not taking this seriously are doing so at their own peril. No need to panic but definite cause to be smartly concerned.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                                There seems to be a genuine possibility of the NRLcollapsing.
                                There is a chance of more than just the NRL collapsing.
                                Many industries will not see this through without significant government assistance.
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X