Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OMR View Post
    Life’s a bitch, I work 5-6 days a week, my wife 2-3 days a week, both of our status is casual and receive no Centrelink benefits, but if locked down we’ll have no income whilst rent and bills need to be paid, so how do we do it!

I will keep going out to work as long as there’s work and keep alert and pray and hope for the best.
    Yep us to , I work 3 days casual as does my daughter in hospitality. My other daughter is one of the 30k with Qantas and has not holidays so she's buggered . My wife works 2 days permanent so may put food on the table but wont pay the rates , electricity , mortgage etc. Hope some one has a plan

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

The concern for me is the uncertainly. Nobody knows when/how this will end. Could it be over in a month, a year? We don’t know.
      Won't be a month unfortunately.

The PM yesterday told people to expect at least 6 months. However, even though we haven't hit the peak yet, hopefully there might be a staggered lessening of restrictions during that period. Depends how well this thing is contained.

Comment

• Similar circumstances here.

I've lost over 50% of my hours for at least the next 6 months. Others (casuals) where I work have lost all their hours so I'm still better off than most.

Absolutely tragic circumstances for millions across the country.

All the best to OMR, Rooster1908 and all my fellow Roosters through this tough time.

Comment

• I am still of the opinion that while this is a bad flu, it's still just a flu. Making sure that old people don't get it is wise but that's wise for every virulent illness. Destroying the economy to protect them is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
            I am still of the opinion that while this is a bad flu, it's still just a flu. Making sure that old people don't get it is wise but that's wise for every virulent illness. Destroying the economy to protect them is stupid.
            Man geez I agree with that . Maybe could have locked down everyone over 65 , nursing homes ect , anyone who is crook , .Then left the rest of us to get on with it .
            Damned if we do and damned if we don't .
            And many thanks Tommy Smith and the same to all on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
              And many thanks Tommy Smith and the same to all on here
              Aren’t you two brothers?
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Aren’t you two brothers?
                Hhhhhh

Comment

• Oh Dear Poor Joey welcome to the real world

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/coronav...e-4f4c1d492938

Comment

• Some of us would embrace a pay cut Joey as opposed to nil income. Get with it son.

Comment

Fossil Bennett’s memory wouldn’t be too great these days. Shouldn’t he be isolated in an elderly persons home at his age? I’m just loving how he is raping Souths. Going to leave that club in termoil.
                      Its a rabble anyway.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

• My wife keeps complaining of a sore back. Must be because I tell her she’s on the floor every night because of the social distancing. I’m sleeping like a log.

Comment

Oh Dear Poor Joey welcome to the real world

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/coronav...e-4f4c1d492938
                          Dumb Joey should not be allowed to talk in public. This guy should be preparing for his next career as a welfare recipient.

Comment

My wife keeps complaining of a sore back. Must be because I tell her she’s on the floor every night because of the social distancing. I’m sleeping like a log.
                            My wife complaining because I keep wanting to take here temperature internally , if you know what I mean

Comment

• How funny is the NRL they say they say they going to trust the players to self isolate themselves .
                              They cant be trusted to not molest & bash woman , take drugs ect and they want to leave them to there own devices . Yep that's not an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

How funny is the NRL they say they say they going to trust the players to self isolate themselves .
                                They cant be trusted to not molest & bash woman , take drugs ect and they want to leave them to there own devices . Yep that's not an accident waiting to happen.
                                I like the premise of putting the onus on them individually though. They are adults and their livelihood depends on getting this right. Too often people expect the ubiquitous "they" to hold their hands and wipe their bums.

Comment

Working...
                                X