No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read that Cartwright is going to be stood down as he refuses to sign a flu jab waiver. What is his point? Surely most players are desperate to get back on the field and make sure they keep earning. Very strange case indeed.

Comment

• Apparently now the policy is no jab no play , he and anyone not being vaccinated to be stood down

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
        Apparently now the policy is no jab no play , he and anyone not being vaccinated to be stood down
        Including the religious nuts? I thought they were exempted?

Comment

Apparently now the policy is no jab no play , he and anyone not being vaccinated to be stood down
          Indeed it is.
          Mate just sent me a text:
          "Do not mess with Peter Dutton."

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Including the religious nuts? I thought they were exempted?
            Wouldn't say its reliable but this seems to be the latest , more backflips than an Olympic gymnast
            https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/...cid=spartanntp

Comment

Wouldn't say its reliable but this seems to be the latest , more backflips than an Olympic gymnast
              https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/...cid=spartanntp
              Thought those four had the full support of the RLPA, comp probably won’t start if can’t come to an agreement.

Comment

• What reason is there for needing the flu shot to eliminate the risk of COVID transmission?
                If society has a risk of 1000 to 1 of COVID infection now and the NRL 10,000 to 1 under strict bio-security measures, this risk does not change whether you have a flu shot or not or whether you get the flu or not! The only time the risk changes is by exposure to the virus.
                COVID is more contagious than the flu, so if someone playing NRL gets the flu while under these strict bio-security measures, then it is showing a massive issue with the bio-security measures. (perhaps this is the reason they want everyone to get the flu shot, to mask the holes in the wall so to speak)
                I would think that the risk of getting the flu would be impossible under these bio-security measures without a flu shot....so why the hysteria??

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicola Tesla View Post
                  What reason is there for needing the flu shot to eliminate the risk of COVID transmission?
                  If society has a risk of 1000 to 1 of COVID infection now and the NRL 10,000 to 1 under strict bio-security measures, this risk does not change whether you have a flu shot or not or whether you get the flu or not! The only time the risk changes is by exposure to the virus.
                  COVID is more contagious than the flu, so if someone playing NRL gets the flu while under these strict bio-security measures, then it is showing a massive issue with the bio-security measures. (perhaps this is the reason they want everyone to get the flu shot, to mask the holes in the wall so to speak)
                  I would think that the risk of getting the flu would be impossible under these bio-security measures without a flu shot....so why the hysteria??
                  Our Govt wants less flu, so as not to put strain on hospitals and lungs.

Emergency room nurse Christine Bauer treats Joshua Lagade of Vista, California, for the flu as his girlfriend Mayra Mora looks on in the emergency room at Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California Mike Blake / Reuters
                  See link below.

There has been a joke;

"I opened the window and in flu enza."

Seems it's basically true;

"aerosolised"

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-finds-n839166

The flu virus might be spread not only by coughing and sneezing, but also simply by breathing, researchers say in a new report.

The new study found clear evidence that influenza patients breathe the virus out through their mouths and noses in tiny particles that can stay suspended in the air for minutes or hours.

#####

The players are allowed to go shopping! [not what I'd be allowing]
                  They walk into the mall, straight into the flu-laden air, breathe it in, and hey presto, they have the flu!
                  1,255 people in Australia died from the flu in 2017.

Experts predict about 4,000 people will die from complications due to influenza this year as the number of infections increase again following a quiet 2018. There have already been 40,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in 2019, almost three times the number recorded at the same time in recent years. May 7, 2019
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-08-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Our Govt wants less flu, so as not to put strain on hospitals and lungs.

Emergency room nurse Christine Bauer treats Joshua Lagade of Vista, California, for the flu as his girlfriend Mayra Mora looks on in the emergency room at Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California Mike Blake / Reuters
                    See link below.

There has been a joke;

"I opened the window and in flu enza."

Seems it's basically true;

"aerosolised"

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-finds-n839166

The flu virus might be spread not only by coughing and sneezing, but also simply by breathing, researchers say in a new report.

The new study found clear evidence that influenza patients breathe the virus out through their mouths and noses in tiny particles that can stay suspended in the air for minutes or hours.

#####

The players are allowed to go shopping! [not what I'd be allowing]
                    They walk into the mall, straight into the flu-laden air, breathe it in, and hey presto, they have the flu!
                    1,255 people in Australia died from the flu in 2017.

Experts predict about 4,000 people will die from complications due to influenza this year as the number of infections increase again following a quiet 2018. There have already been 40,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in 2019, almost three times the number recorded at the same time in recent years. May 7, 2019
                    You said just a few days ago that you would stop posting this cut and paste bullshit. What gives?

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Thought those four had the full support of the RLPA, comp probably won’t start if can’t come to an agreement.
                      Forget about agreements.

Gladys, that nice Mr Dutton [Home Affairs Minister], Qld top health official etc said today..."NO JAB, NO PLAY, NRL must obey all guarantees it made to the govt to get the comp restarted. Or there will be no NRL playing".
                      Meaning, "no correspondence will be entered into." "That's it, take it or leave it".

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

You said just a few days ago that you would stop posting this cut and paste bullshit. What gives?
                        It's not bullshit.
                        I said I would post a link, and post several lines of what I consider to be relative and important text. [Some people don't like clicking on links].
                        Which I did.
                        I posted a link, 3 lines of text.

2 lines of text at the top to demonstrate that a young man was in an emergency room being treated for the flu.

3 lines of text at the bottom from the internet to show flu deaths.

I could type it out like it is my words, but that's not really fair.
                        I put it in italics to show that it is not my words.

What is your exact problem with my posting a link and a few lines of what I consider relative text?
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-08-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sack View Post

Seems Cartwright is all for abortion, but does not believe in vaccination. The bloke is a flog.
                          He’s probably a vegetarian too. One that eats meat. Wanker!

Comment

That's an old sharks policy under flanno . They where ahead if the times it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

It's not bullshit.
                              I said I would post a link, and post several lines of what I consider to be relative and important text. [Some people don't like clicking on links].
                              Which I did.
                              I posted a link, 3 lines of text.

2 lines of text at the top to demonstrate that a young man was in an emergency room being treated for the flu.

3 lines of text at the bottom from the internet to show flu deaths.

I could type it out like it is my words, but that's not really fair.
                              I put it in italics to show that it is not my words.

What is your exact problem with my posting a link and a few lines of what I consider relative text?
                              It’s bullshit

Comment

• Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

It’s bullshit
                                Nicola Tesla asked a question.
                                I replied.
                                Next time I'll let you reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X