Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Most would say a trifle disloyal too in setting up his own Health Minister, who incidentally has done a bloody good job through this.

Implying that China didn't necessarily own this virus and it's transmission....and also smuggling in a Chinese diplomat to a press conference without the Ministers knowledge was pretty low...sources have also suggested.
    Thought you wanted political talk moved to the "Off Topic" area? Maybe you should have said you wanted anyones views that you don't agree with moved to that area?

Australia has been sucking on China's teat for decades now and has been getting nice & fat doing so. Don't believe it? Check out the trade figures between the Australia and China....and tell me who is the winner out of it.

So any hardcore talk towards China is just hot air. Whats out government going to do.....say we are going to put a limit on what you buy from us? Tell them you cant buy our coal anymore or anything from our farmers? Yeah right. Maybe say we are not going to import from you? Well you run the risk of them saying straight back at ya- then we need to find a country to fill the 50 billion annual surplus shortfall we will be giving up-good luck with that.

Heres the facts- Europe is ready to do business with China....as is all of Asia....as is Africa. What have we got left? Trump who sent out tweets in Jan Feb and early March praising China and The Who and is now blaming China because he fell asleep at the wheel?

Then we got the Australian Government..... Shit for Brains Dutton calling for transparency from China & cited US State Department intelligence about how the virus had spread, but said he had NOT SEEN the documents.

Don't get me wrong-there needs to be a international led investigation into how it started, how it spread, China' & The WHO response...once the world sufficiently recovers.

Life goes on. In Phase 3 on that pamphlet ScoMo was waiving around today "consider International Students travel". Yep no prizes on guessing who these international students are and where they are coming from!! Did anyone really expect the PM to say " no Chinese students allowed in Australian"???

Comment

• Cartwright is probably happy to get some publicity that is not about his poor form slump that is going down as 1 of the longest in NRL history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
        Cartwright is probably happy to get some publicity that is not about his poor form slump that is going down as 1 of the longest in NRL history.
        I thought he was going to be ever bit as good as his uncle John.....couldn't be further from the truth. John wasnt a noted great defender but he wasnt a turnstile like Bryce

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Thought you wanted political talk moved to the "Off Topic" area? Maybe you should have said you wanted anyones views that you don't agree with moved to that area?

Australia has been sucking on China's teat for decades now and has been getting nice & fat doing so. Don't believe it? Check out the trade figures between the Australia and China....and tell me who is the winner out of it.

So any hardcore talk towards China is just hot air. Whats out government going to do.....say we are going to put a limit on what you buy from us? Tell them you cant buy our coal anymore or anything from our farmers? Yeah right. Maybe say we are not going to import from you? Well you run the risk of them saying straight back at ya- then we need to find a country to fill the 50 billion annual surplus shortfall we will be giving up-good luck with that.

Heres the facts- Europe is ready to do business with China....as is all of Asia....as is Africa. What have we got left? Trump who sent out tweets in Jan Feb and early March praising China and The Who and is now blaming China because he fell asleep at the wheel?

Then we got the Australian Government..... Shit for Brains Dutton calling for transparency from China & cited US State Department intelligence about how the virus had spread, but said he had NOT SEEN the documents.

Don't get me wrong-there needs to be a international led investigation into how it started, how it spread, China' & The WHO response...once the world sufficiently recovers.

Life goes on. In Phase 3 on that pamphlet ScoMo was waiving around today "consider International Students travel". Yep no prizes on guessing who these international students are and where they are coming from!! Did anyone really expect the PM to say " no Chinese students allowed in Australian"???
          Crikey...you got a tail on me. I'm sure this was before BBs discrete off topic thread was created.

Regardless a couple of sentences like that relate to the topic I would say. Its the long rambling Aussie bashing that hurts peoples eyes that we were trying to quarantine. Bit like your 6 para effort here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I'm sick of the media love fest with the NZ Queen Bee...shes got a nerve to lecture us on what we should or shouldn't do. Go away Jemima.
            Jacinda is the first and youngest PM to have dealt with a terrorist attack, a volcanic eruption, climate change reforms and a pandemic all within her first term of office whilst holding a baby.

I'm sure there a plenty of people she wishes would go away too.
            "It's these little things, they can pull you under
            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Jacinda is the first and youngest PM to have dealt with a terrorist attack, a volcanic eruption, climate change reforms and a pandemic all within her first term of office whilst holding a baby.

Im a middle aged white male with some misogynistic views but Ardern is a fine leader and the world could do with more leaders like her, rather than the leaders in the USA, Iran, China, North Korea, Brazil, Turkey, Russia, UK, Philippines,etc, middle and old aged men (apart from Kim Jong Un who has the health and physique of an old man lol) who are total power trippers.

I don't get the Ardern bashing apart from she is not from a right-wing party and she is female which is just a form I follow my right wing parties around the world like my footy team. Female leaders tend to get attacked more as well in this regard.
              Last edited by PRIDE; 05-09-2020, 02:08 PM.
              Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
              South Sydney Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIDE View Post

Im a middle aged white male with some misogynistic views but Ardern is a fine leader and the world could do with more leaders like her, rather than the leaders in the USA, Iran, China, North Korea, Brazil, Turkey, Russia, UK, Philippines,etc, middle and old aged men (apart from Kim Jong Un who has the health and physique of an old man lol) who are total power trippers.

I don't get the Ardern bashing apart from she is not from a right-wing party and she is female which is just a form I follow my right wing parties around the world like my footy team. Female leaders tend to get attacked more as well in this regard.
                Well said. Regardless of her gender, looks or political persuasions, she has shown herself to be a fine leader in difficult times. I applaud her.

Comment

I'm sure that's not true Pride and don't put yourself down. People who attack others are usually unhappy with their own lives and their own lack of achievement so it makes them feel big to put others down from behind a keyboard. As a woman myself I just find it quite disturbing and a little bit scary when I see and hear so much vitrole directed towards women like Jacinda and Greta for having opinions. Comments like telling them to go away, shut up, get back to the kitchen, slap her with a brick (really??) don't belong in today's society. I hate the term political correctness also as it means nothing. It's more about being enlightened and evolved and moving with the times. Not living the the dark ages but being a useful and productive member of society.
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

And she did well with them, of that there's no doubt.

Her problems started when she bought a ticket to ride the "Attack Australia" express.

Came into Sydney Harbour, where many decades before, enemy subs sprayed torpedoes around...and stood at the microphone and sprayed nasty words around, attacked Australia, attacked our Prime Minister, in public, in front of the nation, in front of the world. Our Prime Minister, a white, heterosexual, male [and openly Christian].

Imagine for one minute if he'd gone to NZ and done exactly the same thing to her!

She's also been touring the Pacific and attacking Australia about climate change.

White heterosexual males, the only group left people can attack 24/7 in any way they like, and do, with impunity. Worse if the white males are Christian.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-10-2020, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I get it...white heterosexual males are angry, and ready to put up with nothing.
                      They can see what's going on.
                      They can see the laws passed in the Vic parliament in 2008 discriminating against them.

She does women and true feminists a major disservice.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-10-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

And she did well with them, of that there's no doubt.

Her problems started when she bought a ticket to ride the "Attack Australia" express.

Came into Sydney Harbour, where many decades before, enemy subs sprayed torpedoes around...and stood at the microphone and sprayed nasty words around, attacked Australia, attacked our Prime Minister, in public, in front of the nation, in front of the world. Our Prime Minister, a white, heterosexual, male [and openly Christian].

Imagine for one minute if he'd gone to NZ and done exactly the same thing to her!

She's also been touring the Pacific and attacking Australia about climate change.

White heterosexual males, the only group left people can attack 24/7 in any way they like, and do, with impunity. Worse if the white males are Christian.

you're going a bit over the top here, bb. don't know that ardern attacked Australia in the same way that a war time foe attacked us. that's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

you're going a bit over the top here, bb. don't know that ardern attacked Australia in the same way that a war time foe attacked us. that's ridiculous.
                          Of course it is....but who does she think she is?
                          ...coming into our harbour and attacking us.
                          She could well have made herself an enemy of some people...hence the vitriol against her.
                          All her own fault.
                          If I were a feminist I wouldn't want her leading the parade.
                          If I were a climate change activist I wouldn't want "how dare you" Greta leading the parade.
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-10-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Of course it is....but who does she think she is?
                            ...coming into our harbour and attacking us.
                            She could well have made herself an enemy of some people...hence the vitriol against her.
                            All her own fault.
                            If I were a feminist I wouldn't want her leading the parade.
                            If I were a climate change activist I wouldn't want "how dare you" Greta leading the parade.
                            you're certainly in full flight.

Comment

• Okay. I have decided I would rather die from the Wuhan flu than suffer another one of Bondi Idiot's turds which he calls posts.

Comment

I'm sure that's not true Pride and don't put yourself down. People who attack others are usually unhappy with their own lives and their own lack of achievement so it makes them feel big to put others down from behind a keyboard. As a woman myself I just find it quite disturbing and a little bit scary when I see and hear so much vitrole directed towards women like Jacinda and Greta for having opinions. Comments like telling them to go away, shut up, get back to the kitchen, slap her with a brick (really??) don't belong in today's society. I hate the term political correctness also as it means nothing. It's more about being enlightened and evolved and moving with the times. Not living the the dark ages but being a useful and productive member of society.
                                Women make up half the worlds population yet only 10% of the worlds leaders. It hasn't been missed that the 10% have been exceptional in their handling of the Covid crisis. It tells a story

Anyway you look it it Jacinda Ardern is a phenomenal leader. Since becoming PM at 37 years of age some of her achievements include improving NZ's health care , created more jobs, addressed environmental issues, improved education, created more housing for the most needy and boosting income for families. Her handling of the Christchurch massacre was exceptional and got her recognition from all over the world as has her handling of Covid19.She has displayed good judgement, compassion, empathy, courage and decisiveness.Whats not to like? Well only those who feel threatened by her sex and age will tell you what

Comment

Working...
                                X