Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Its not that, if he really was that goods he would have played 20s already
    What are you talking about? Who is he supposed to have played 20's for? Trent Robinson thought he was that good that he gave him a contract that would make him by far our highest paid player under the age of 20. He thought he was good enough to train with our NRL team last year, despite not even being contracted with us at the time. He thought he was good enough to take him to Europe and the UK with the First Grade squad for the WCC.

Any current first grade halfback would have been no bigger than Walker at the same age. It is just stupid to look at him now and say he isn't big enough. I am not sure if you actually know anything about football, or whether you do but find it difficult to convert thoughts into words. People who know far more about football than any of us think this kid is special

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Don’t know why. He may have been short but he has a massive frame.
      Not when he was 17. He was tiny when he first played origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Very very accurate.
        Toovey pound for pound one of the toughest I’ve seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

What are you talking about? Who is he supposed to have played 20's for? Trent Robinson thought he was that good that he gave him a contract that would make him by far our highest paid player under the age of 20. He thought he was good enough to train with our NRL team last year, despite not even being contracted with us at the time. He thought he was good enough to take him to Europe and the UK with the First Grade squad for the WCC.

Any current first grade halfback would have been no bigger than Walker at the same age. It is just stupid to look at him now and say he isn't big enough. I am not sure if you actually know anything about football, or whether you do but find it difficult to convert thoughts into words. People who know far more about football than any of us think this kid is special
          I have seen 1000 kids who as supposedly special. On the contract side, if you think he is on several hundred grand then I ask you is he listed in the top 30 ? He is not on that sort of money, not even close. Training with the NRL squad, yep thats something really special for the kid involved but realistically they are there to make up numbers if they are not in the top 30.
          I have been involved with plenty of kids that trained with the NRL squad, some may got on and play NRL but many won't and alot don't even get past SG Ball and nearly every one was "contracted"

He may go on and captain Australia and if he does I hope its with us, but really people are blowing their load over a kid that hasn't done anything yet
          Who was that player that and NRL club signed a few years ago for $800K, was it Suli or not but regardless they haven't been seen since
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

I have seen 1000 kids who as supposedly special. On the contract side, if you think he is on several hundred grand then I ask you is he listed in the top 30 ? He is not on that sort of money, not even close. Training with the NRL squad, yep thats something really special for the kid involved but realistically they are there to make up numbers if they are not in the top 30.
            I have been involved with plenty of kids that trained with the NRL squad, some may got on and play NRL but many won't and alot don't even get past SG Ball and nearly every one was "contracted"

He may go on and captain Australia and if he does I hope its with us, but really people are blowing their load over a kid that hasn't done anything yet
            Who was that player that and NRL club signed a few years ago for $800K, was it Suli or not but regardless they haven't been seen since
            I don’t think it was Suli I think it was a young bloke Cronulla signed when Stickywas coaching them. Hugh wraps, never played FG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I don’t think it was Suli I think it was a young bloke Cronulla signed when Stickywas coaching them. Hugh wraps, never played FG.
              Karlos filiga next sbw

Comment

Its not that, if he really was that goods he would have played 20s already., I have no idea how good this kid is or what potential he has. Buts lots of talk means stuff all if he doesn't get on the park at a "real" level and plays against men and he hasn't even played against big boys much
                Isn't he recovering from an off season surgery?

Comment

Working...
                X