No announcement yet.

If the season gets shortened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your thinking Zac, but I am not sure the NRL is currently that creative / innovative.

My suspicion is that the season will be a 15 round structure, with an altered finals series. I think Origin will feature too, because it is such a money spinner for the game (and that is kind of understandable). Anyway, let us see what transpires. Gee, it is going to be interesting times over the next couple of months.
    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
      And we won the grand final... would you feel it’s a legit premiership?
      Yes.

Comment

Resetting ladder option set to be ruled out

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/07/...-be-ruled-out/

Comment

Yeh Parra want their credit for beating the two bottom sides in the comp.

Give them the March premiership!

Comment

Definitely an asterix premiership regardless (yes, even if we win it). Whatever they do, It will come nowhere near a regular seasons efforts for a team to take it all. I'd be okay with a complete scrapping, go ahead next year.(Dont know how that works financially for them though and for people who are desperate to watch footy)

Other fans are desperate, I'll be honest I don't know how much I could handle thinking they've knocked us off our perch waving some unorthodox premiership in our face.

On that note I personally don't think we were going 3peat anyway because what we've already done is outrageous, coupled with the loss of cronk and latrell, but would be happy to hand over the trophy to a legitimately good team (not souffs) who deserved it after a full season and finals series.

Comment

2020 will be remembered as a strange and different year but whoever wins the comp this year should feel as proud as any other premiers of any other year because whoever wins the comp this year will have adapted the best to challenges that teams don't usually have in other years. Hopefully they don't have the conference thing and just have every team play the other teams once. 15 rounds followed by the finals is fine. I don't like the wild card idea.

Comment

Working...
              X