Nick Politis demands a restart to the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

We played thinking the comp was 26 rounds or whatever, as did every other team..
    They can't just cancel that comp and start a totally different comp with a lot less matches and have some teams starting on 4 points and 2 points and other teams on zero points.
    That is totally unfair.
    It basically turns the Melbourne Cup into a sprint race..
    Call in the lawyers!
    If we all play each other once i fail to see how it is unfair ?? Is the club saying we dont have a red hot go every week ? I know Nick used Cordner not playing as an example but i dont buy that

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

If we all play each other once i fail to see how it is unfair ?? Is the club saying we dont have a red hot go every week ? I know Nick used Cordner not playing as an example but i dont buy that
      It's totally unfair to change the long comp that points were gained in to a completely different short comp and transfer points across from the old and cancelled one to the new one.

They should be just resuming the long comp at round 3, and cancelling SOO for this year.
      Or cancel the long season comp and just play 3 SOO games over 3 months ...June, July, August.

By the time the comp resumes there are only June July August left until the normal finals series would begin.
      Maybe give the whole thing a miss and come back next year or the one after that, whenever there's a vaccine.
      Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-12-2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

If Apollo does relaunch, make it play each other once, and restart from round 3. Disagree with Uncle about cancelling points so far.
        It'll mean we have very little wriggle room left.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

We played thinking the comp was 26 rounds or whatever, as did every other team..
          They can't just cancel that comp and start a totally different comp with a lot less matches and have some teams starting on 4 points and 2 points and other teams on zero points.
          That is totally unfair.
          It basically turns the Melbourne Cup into a sprint race..
          Call in the lawyers!
          Sorry but disagree, doesn't matter if the comp is 15, 20 or 26 rounds no team says we will go easy and not worry about the first few rounds, every team goes into every game trying to get a win.
          If the new comp is 15 rounds then the 2 game already played should form part of it and the points kept and restart with round 3, pretty sure the ones against the points standing would think differently if we won those two games.

Nick is looking like a spilt brat coming out saying this, we are already hated enough as it is, anyway I don't really care if the season is cancelled as there are more important things to worry about at the moment.

Stuff channel 9, if they don't like it then channel 7 or 10 would be happy to take over.
          Last edited by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster; 04-12-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

would this mean cordner misses the first two rounds because his preseason was interrupted again?

poor bugger might only get to play the 3 origins this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
              I also don't think there should be any footy this year. I also think this is a terrible look for Nick to come out and say this considering we lost our first two games. Even if the comp is 15 rounds and the draw is altered, in my opinion they should still stand. We played thinking 2 points were on offer, we played like shit and didn't deserve the 2 pts
              75 my thoughts exactly.

I think this is the first sign that the elderly Nick is losing it. Maybe he is loosing his mind in isolation. Not much integrity in this statement. I have no doubt he would look at this differently had we won our first two.

Comment

Points from the first two rounds should stand. As long as all teams get to play The Dogs and Titans at some point just like the March Premiers Parra did.

Comment

This is why Nick is, who he is....speaks his mind and operates without fear nor favour. Great minds....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    This is why Nick is, who he is....speaks his mind and operates without fear nor favour. Great minds....
                    What the old saying “any publicity, is good publicity”

Uncle nick and vlandys are just upset they can’t have their Easter eggs until next Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

75 my thoughts exactly.

I think this is the first sign that the elderly Nick is losing it. Maybe he is loosing his mind in isolation. Not much integrity in this statement. I have no doubt he would look at this differently had we won our first two.
                      Nothing wrong with the mind of Nicholas George.
                      Nothing wrong with my mind either.

What he said is absolutely correct.

"Politis says the competition will become "meaningless" if it resumes over 13 games".

"If you change the draw, you've got to start again", he said.
                      "If the current points are to stand, we have to play a full season".

Exactly!
                      Anything else will just be another NRL debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        Points from the first two rounds should stand. As long as all teams get to play The Dogs and Titans at some point just like the March Premiers Parra did.
                        And right there is another reason why it must be a full season of the original draw...or the points have to go back to zero.

"This isn't just about the Roosters", he said. "It's about the integrity of the competition and giving every club and their fans a fair chance."
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-12-2020, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I very seriously doubt there will be any NRL based rugby league played this year

Comment

I think there def could easily be RL this year.
                            How is playing a competition in a controlled environment with regular testing a greater risk that what the players are doing at the moment.
                            They are not self isolating, you read about them working, I have seen players at the shops..

By playing the NRL competition the risk does not increase it probably decreases. I too have elderly parents and in laws and are concerned for them but by playing the NRL is no risk to them what so ever
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

Sorry but disagree, doesn't matter if the comp is 15, 20 or 26 rounds no team says we will go easy and not worry about the first few rounds, every team goes into every game trying to get a win.
                              If the new comp is 15 rounds then the 2 game already played should form part of it and the points kept and restart with round 3, pretty sure the ones against the points standing would think differently if we won those two games.

Nick is looking like a spilt brat coming out saying this, we are already hated enough as it is, anyway I don't really care if the season is cancelled as there are more important things to worry about at the moment.

Stuff channel 9, if they don't like it then channel 7 or 10 would be happy to take over.
                              You already said what I was thinking. With all due respect, some of us don't know if we have jobs from one month to the next and some of us on here don't have jobs right now. The season will go down in history as 'adjusted' anyway, so whatever happens and whoever wins, it will have the asterisk next to it. If they want to play matches for entertainment value only to cheer people up, I have no problem with that as long as it's safe for all involved.

"Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

The point made by Nick is that The Roosters are at a disadvantage due to not having played much in the pre season. We had to travel to the UK for the game there, and resting Boyd thinking it will be a full season.
                                If the NRL want to reduce the games to say 13 with each team then playing each other once then it is a new competition and as such should restart with all teams on equal terms. However I think it is wishful thinking on the part of V'landy that the game will go ahead this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X