X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs have always been shit

Watching an old game on fox.

The ref calls play on from this

Sorry guys, tried to attach a video and can't ..now cant delete thread. Mods can you delete please

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      Sorry guys, tried to attach a video and can't ..now cant delete thread. Mods can you delete please
      The only perfect person who's ever walked on earth was the innocent man who was nailed to a cross, tortured to death by barbaric savages in their outdoor death chamber, the anniversary of his death being last Friday.

Everyone else has been less than perfect.
      Some referees are less perfect with their decisions than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Watching an old game on fox.

The ref calls play on from this
        You were watching the game v Broncos where Berrigan knocked it on, Fitzy dived it on anf then they stripped it off him while he was on the ground and the ref called play on. There were some baffling calls in that game

Comment

it was a good game though, no wrestle, nice ball movement , no block plays, speed of passing was crisp

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

The only perfect person who's ever walked on earth was the innocent man who was nailed to a cross, tortured to death by barbaric savages in their outdoor death chamber, the anniversary of his death being last Friday.
            Sam Kinison?

Comment

They certainly always have made mistakes.
              But have a ll the changes made it any better, probably not.
              Better broadcast tech prob lets us see things we didn't before. One thing to remember is that many of the errors made qare viewed differently by fans of different teams (I have never met a Souffs supporter that actually knew any rules )

But for me the biggest different and the worst part of it today is the way the commentators don't let the errors go and often its them not the ref that is wrong
              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
              sigpic

Comment

Aw..I dunno, Greg Hartley was straight as the proverbial. Paddo boy too, played for the Colts in fact - that's where he garnered his unswerving honesty.

Comment

I was reffed by Greg, played for Paddo -Woolahra RSL back in the 60's. Mostly at Waverley Oval games of course. He was good always complimented a play if it went well, kept penalties to a minimum. His dad was an official of Paddo Colts wasn't he.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You were watching the game v Broncos where Berrigan knocked it on, Fitzy dived it on anf then they stripped it off him while he was on the ground and the ref called play on. There were some baffling calls in that game
                    Haha yes thats the one

Comment

Kevin Roberts used to ref down at Queens park touch a few years ago and was good bloke. Up for a chat and a laugh. I heard someone asking him why he sent Mario off in 86 and his reply was he still harassed by old ladies about that.

Well done Paddo Colt what a great use of sarcasm
                      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                      sigpic

Comment

ive watched a lot of games from the late 70s to mid eigthies on you tube mistakes by refs was a lot then as well the only one major differance was they didnt ave a heap off replays off differant angles and ridiculous frame by frame slow motion replays so the mistakes werent amplified

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                          Aw..I dunno, Greg Hartley was straight as the proverbial. Paddo boy too, played for the Colts in fact - that's where he garnered his unswerving honesty.
                          lol

Comment

Yep Kramer, Jack Hartley was a Colts official on an off. Greg had a brother, Jim, since deceased, who became quadriplegic after a waterski romp that the boys went on. Not long after, on a hunting trip, someone got shot. Unrelated I think. Always thought Greg was hard done by re that 7 tackle call - anyone can make a mistake under pressure can't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                              Yep Kramer, Jack Hartley was a Colts official on an off. Greg had a brother, Jim, since deceased, who became quadriplegic after a waterski romp that the boys went on. Not long after, on a hunting trip, someone got shot. Unrelated I think. Always thought Greg was hard done by re that 7 tackle call - anyone can make a mistake under pressure can't they?
                              He made a lot in a short period of time which all favoured the same team. Entirely coincidental of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X