No announcement yet.

Refs have always been shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha Ha, Paddo Colts and honesty are not 2 things that can be linked without putting "dis" in front of honesty

Comment

Now, now, Tedley, that'll be enough of that. Paddo boys are as honest as the day is long.

Comment

I remember that incident with his brother very sad. I had a few mates who played for Colts, as well as Paddo-Woollahra. Both good teams in their day.

Comment

Not sure why but I remember playing a red dog named Jamie for Paddo in the mid 80s, a massive dude named Johnny for Woolloomoo Warriors and a fast carnt named Parish for St Charles...completey useless info just brought back memories

Comment

With respect, I think that you need to get over that resentment Teds. I'm sympathetic, you are obviously close to the juniors but Club survival at any level is often a question of being the fittest through whatever means. There's not a lot of morality. On the big stage, think of the Super League debacle that afflicted the competition back in the day, not to mention what is a possibility in the future. This contractual carry on is sure to be complicated and it looks like 9 are determined to get their bucks back. Whatever - sell offs, Club collapses or even the costs of litigation - it's a bleak projection. Only the fittest will survive and that doesn't, at the moment, look like the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by zinga View Post
              ive watched a lot of games from the late 70s to mid eigthies on you tube mistakes by refs was a lot then as well the only one major differance was they didnt ave a heap off replays off differant angles and ridiculous frame by frame slow motion replays so the mistakes werent amplified
              Absolutely! I yelled at the tv when I watched the 1972 GF a while back. Fair passes called forward. Tries in the corner disallowed when the ref is 30 metres away. They didn't quibble back then, though. The ref made an instant decision whether he was sighted or not, then moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                With respect, I think that you need to get over that resentment Teds. I'm sympathetic, you are obviously close to the juniors but Club survival at any level is often a question of being the fittest through whatever means. There's not a lot of morality. On the big stage, think of the Super League debacle that afflicted the competition back in the day, not to mention what is a possibility in the future. This contractual carry on is sure to be complicated and it looks like 9 are determined to get their bucks back. Whatever - sell offs, Club collapses or even the costs of litigation - it's a bleak projection. Only the fittest will survive and that doesn't, at the moment, look like the NRL.
                There is no resentment, I just can't respect nor agree with the ethics (how little they are ) of Paddo Colts, especially the current version.
                The defection to Souths I can understand as it was a decision based on survival. Comparing junior league to the NRL is symptomatic of the win at all costs attitude that Paddo has. I have been around junior league for a long time and while kept an arms distance you see enough. No I have never been involved with St Charles.

I have seen the rape of Balmain clubs and Norths Clubs and a complete disregard for rules. I have heard the bald faced lies presented to the other clubs and the false promises of junior rep selection to young kids.
                I am aware how close Easts (the only NRL club that funds its juniors) were to pulling all funding due to behaviour of the disgraceful and deceitful 2 paddo officials.
                I will leave it at that no matter how ill I feel every time I see that logo thanks to 2 individuals

Comment

Fair enough. Although I know nothing of that to which you refer,"61" being the limit of my experience with the club, I feel your alienation. The health of the Junior comp should be a collective effort no doubt about that. There is, and has been for years now, a new breed with a new ethos in Paddo, the nouveau riche, and I would presume that many of them want to superficially attach their boys to the history of the place through The Colts. After all, there is no more community there to speak of. Might they be your culprits? I don't see the Seabrooks, "Wokka" Toll et al - those who founded the club after the war - involved in the shenanigans that you describe. Anyway, Good luck and good health to you; let's hope that the game comes out of its present predicament intact. Rugby League provides a wonderful way for fathers to bond with their children.

Comment

Long live the Roosters juniors !!.
                    As Ted mentioned in his rant, they are the only juniors to be funded by their NRL club. That is something to be very proud of .

How good is it that the 61 games you played for your easts junior club is important to you
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

There is no game no Roosters without the refs.

Comment

Some of us have digressed from the thread here but, finally and by way of a little rehabilitation, Roosters great Bryan Fletcher rates his junior years at the Colts among the happiest of his whole playing career. Ian McKay, who, I'm told spent his time at Marcellin languishing in the Colour Comp, apparently found his true calling at the Nuts'n'Bolts and went on to wear the green and gold (though, admittedly, he did pair up with Artie after the juniors). Probably, in the wash up, a lotta good with some not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Sam Kinison?
                          Quoting yourself?

Comment

Working...
                          X